Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most wasteful was we drop our seven points lead with three draw straight. And lose to man city was the turning point.

Agree.we put ourselves in this position today.
In retrospect, if u ask at the beginning of the season we would claw to be in the position we are in now. We raised the bar high for ourselves. 97points if we get it is amazing but second place is first loser for some br take nothing away from the team. How many points have we improved on from last season? In any other season we would have ran away with the title. The anomaly is man citeh will the oil money that affords them to get the players and more importantly pep as manager.

But even that also proves money doesn’t buy u everything u want.
Cue the champions league anthem.
We are Liverpool we are a working class team built on good work ethics and built from the ground up, the hard way, the proper way,the Liverpool way. I’m proud of the boys the club regardless for the fantastic season. Really hope they are rewarded with at least 1 silverware for the effort.

deadguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2nd is 2nd no matter how many points you get. You don't get a medal for being 2nd in the league. 3 games to go for both team and neither can afford a slip up.

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The difference between this Liverpool team and past Liverpool teams that came close the title is that win in or not, next season we will still be a major contender, we will build on and go again, be it winning it again or finally winning it next season. We made progress every year under Klopp so there’s no reason to complain. Fingers crossed since it’s out of our hands now let’s do our part and finish strongly in the league and leave the rest to luck(citeh slipping).

What’s firmly in our hands thou is the champions league. Potentially 3 games to glory. Let’s get past barca. With this team we could evenly match them over two legs.

But first one game at a time. 3points against Huddersfield is a must.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree.we put ourselves in this position today.
In retrospect, if u ask at the beginning of the season we would claw to be in the position we are in now. We raised the bar high for ourselves. 97points if we get it is amazing but second place is first loser for some br take nothing away from the team. How many points have we improved on from last season? In any other season we would have ran away with the title. The anomaly is man citeh will the oil money that affords them to get the players and more importantly pep as manager.

But even that also proves money doesn’t buy u everything u want.
Cue the champions league anthem.
We are Liverpool we are a working class team built on good work ethics and built from the ground up, the hard way, the proper way,the Liverpool way. I’m proud of the boys the club regardless for the fantastic season. Really hope they are rewarded with at least 1 silverware for the effort.

Agree, to add:

Yes points were dropped and absolutely it's our fault but is expectations of winning every game realistic? Every team in the league including city dropped points.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Somehow I have conceded the title to man city lol

My only hope is fifa transfer ban on man city before this season ends then Arsenal and Spurs to qualify for CL

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My only hope is fifa transfer ban on man city before this season ends then Arsenal and Spurs to qualify for CL
Mancity is a complete team anyway, they don't need transfers lol.

Sent from HMD Global TA-1004 using GAGT

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Mancity is a complete team anyway, they don't need transfers lol.

Sent from HMD Global TA-1004 using GAGT

They are having problem playing all their star players and an exodus of 6-7 players is likely to happen, I hope they get punished with Chelsea this summer

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

considering what happened to PSG, RM and Barca..... got use meh? :s13:

FIFA wouldn't wanna be drowned by black oil :s22:

Bumblebee Man

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember their loss this season against teams like Newcastle and Leicester? So anything can still happen man, another 3 games to go.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I remember their loss this season against teams like Newcastle and Leicester? So anything can still happen man, another 3 games to go.

Let’s wait for fernandinho injury update, when he was sub out last night, ole should have gone for the kill, but ole really give chance la

Now I wait to see Man Utd rolling past Chelsea

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
catDGxm.jpg

Leicester will draw arsenal, then lose man city and then beat Chelsea

All opponent will just open leg for manc

deadguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
catDGxm.jpg

Leicester will draw arsenal, then lose man city and then beat Chelsea

All opponent will just open leg for manc

They have the underperforming Arse and Chelsea at home and need to face the Title chasing City away. Even we lose to City at the Emptyhad.

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree, to add:

Yes points were dropped and absolutely it's our fault but is expectations of winning every game realistic? Every team in the league including city dropped points.

Agreed. Every team is due a blip thru out 38 games. Even the 100point citeh team last season also flipped abit towards the end.

If we look at the bigger picture we did really really well over 35games so far. Only 1 loss! And we were millimetres to gaining a point in that game too.

We clawed back plenty of points from the death too. Away at Chelsea. Away at Fulham. Home vs Everton. Home vs spurs. Home vs citeh, to name a few.
We shdnt just harp on Leicester n west ham games. Its a 38 game season we were brilliant but citeh is too that's why we have the race right to the end.

Its us stepping n matching citeh.

Dhilip Kumar

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah don't think over highly of us that we will sure win the remaining 3 games.

who knows we are unlucky to drop points and let you overtake us again?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
3iVNhi7_d.jpg

If only this goal was allowed against man city 2-1 lost

GunzerX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah don't think over highly of us that we will sure win the remaining 3 games.

who knows we are unlucky to drop points and let you overtake us again?
Actually I rather this happen if man city really win all remaining matches. At least is not miss by one points.

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any of the next 3 teams if they take points off citeh I will buy their shirt. :s13:
Provided we win all our remaining games.

I love this air of inevitability among many ppl that the title is won by citeh already after last night. The race is far from over. Both teams know that. And Liverpool always prevail when all Hope's are lost. (Not that anyone has high hopes for manure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.