Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
realised that many countries latency damn high only 1-2 countries have low latency
quite limited when it comes to speed

imreallyugly

Reaction score
any one can help? i've tried using windscribe (free version) to watch netflix, however got the error msg saying ip blocked or smth.

i'm wondering does the paid version have this issue?
tia

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW, my old comments about Wechat Pay is no longer true, they start to put restrictions on those accounts without linking to a China bank account. So new sign up no longer can top up. Existing users can still spend whatever they have but may lose the ability to top up any time.

wechat angbao still working leh

arfness

Reaction score
Well, I'll just chip in, i bought ExpressVPN and i couldn't be happier. Yes its a bit more expensive, but so far , worth it.
Some speed tests i ran this morning.
My torrents from home were between 5-20Mbps on a small test i did.
I can use Netflix USA as well, so it unblocks region locks which is awesome, Mullvad didn't do this for me.

Source: Singapore
VPN: ExpressVPN
Connection Type: 4G (speeds vary due to network usage between test 1 and 2 - 10 min apart )
SpeedTest: SpeedTest app on Mate 10 Pro
Test Mode: Single Connection (Recommended by the App for VPN testing)

Test 1:
No VPN:
Down 28Mbps, Up: 22Mbps

Singapore Server:
Down: 28Mbps, Up: 23Mbps

USA Los Angelas server:
Down: 27Mbps , Up 16.7Mbps

South African Server:
Down: 27Mbps, Up: 5Mbps

Test 2:
No VPN (Singtel):
Down 40.5Mbps, Up: 22Mbps

Singapore Server (Singtel):
Down: 36.5Mbps, Up: 14Mbps

USA Los Angelas server (Frontia):
Down: 33.3Mbps , Up 16.7Mbps

South African Server (Vodacom):
Down: 39.7Mbps, Up: 5Mbps

--Edit
just ran a random speedtest connected to america again, 50Mbps down.

Last edited:

magneto23

Reaction score
I've checked.

The app will depend on the type of tunnel you chose under windows adapter. For me the default was IKEv2.

And they do have openvpn:
https://support.ivacy.com/kb/openvpn-files-windows-routers-ios-linux-and-mac/

Just tried that and it does work with my account.

Subscribed to Ivacy in the end. So far it works well in my browser as well as my phone.

On my desktop, it seems to always connect to the same server in the US that is slow. Even when I select a Singapore server or any other country. Did you have this problem?

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Subscribed to Ivacy in the end. So far it works well in my browser as well as my phone.

On my desktop, it seems to always connect to the same server in the US that is slow. Even when I select a Singapore server or any other country. Did you have this problem?

Hmm i usually connect to the closest server which allows torrents and it's pretty ok.

Maybe try connecting to other regions in the US?

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally got myself a vpn.. Subscribed to windscribe for 12mths. Tried the windflix various servers and its streaming us/uk/jp netflix well.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally got myself a vpn.. Subscribed to windscribe for 12mths. Tried the windflix various servers and its streaming us/uk/jp netflix well.
welcome to the club.. you can now enjoy the 9500++ Netflix titles that windscribe's windflix us/UK/ca/jp servers can bring to you.

this link below will allow you to browse the whole catalogue.
https://www.flixwatch.co/vpn-users/windscribe/complete-catalog/

the above catalogue is created and maintained by u/movie_addict97 of the reddit thread linked below under the r/Windscribe subreddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windscribe/comments/bhav12/netflix_catalog_and_lists_for_windscribewindflix/

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
welcome to the club.. you can now enjoy the 9500++ Netflix titles that windscribe's windflix us/UK/ca/jp servers can bring to you.

this link below will allow you to browse the whole catalogue.
https://www.flixwatch.co/vpn-users/windscribe/complete-catalog/

the above catalogue is created and maintained by u/movie_addict97 of the reddit thread linked below under the r/Windscribe subreddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windscribe/comments/bhav12/netflix_catalog_and_lists_for_windscribewindflix/

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Thank u very much Charlie_zhan

magneto23

Reaction score
Hmm i usually connect to the closest server which allows torrents and it's pretty ok.

Maybe try connecting to other regions in the US?

Spent some time with Ivacy’s customer support. Deleted the Ivacy connection in the Networks folder and ran the app in administrator mode. It works well now.

Fast speeds and good performance. A good bargain for a lifetime subscription at US$34.

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Spent some time with Ivacy’s customer support. Deleted the Ivacy connection in the Networks folder and ran the app in administrator mode. It works well now.

Fast speeds and good performance. A good bargain for a lifetime subscription at US$34.

Good for you! Enjoy!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.