Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

lurker88

Reaction score
Data is tricky. I subscribed to season pass. That means every month im allocated 500mb regardless of whether I visit msia or not. So once my initial 5gb used up (after 10 months), I kept a lookout for promo to purchase additional data. Still trying out the various options using the app. Yes , the seller (mentioned earlier) was very helpful. Even the sim was bought from him last year, he still helped with my queries every now and then.

It really depends on your usage and needs to choose btw digi, xox and other options

Sent from LGE LM-V405 using GAGT

lurker88

Reaction score
How long does these data expiry?
Few yrs ago used to have hotlink maxis data for ipad.
Rm30 for 1gb valid for 1 yr. Good for those who go in once every few month. So now if not gg in every month which card best?

Then xox may not be suitable for you

neoyourlan

Reaction score
Any reliable workshops(preferably in jb) check for vacuum leak ? Cold start idling causes cel.

weeza77

Reaction score
Thanks. I’m inclined to get Digi now. Skeptical about 28 months validity.

Seems like I need to get in the shop at MY.

What so skeptical about the XOX 28mths validity? I'm already passed the halfway mark.

weeza77

Reaction score
Data is tricky. I subscribed to season pass. That means every month im allocated 500mb regardless of whether I visit msia or not. So once my initial 5gb used up (after 10 months), I kept a lookout for promo to purchase additional data. Still trying out the various options using the app. Yes , the seller (mentioned earlier) was very helpful. Even the sim was bought from him last year, he still helped with my queries every now and then.

It really depends on your usage and needs to choose btw digi, xox and other options

You can stop the Data auto renewal via the app.
Wait for the Happy Hour RM50 offer. At the same time validity will be extended by 50 days.
Season pass is sort of like a bank. You withdraw the data when you want to use it.

Give you example,

To withdraw data via myxox app
Go to Data subscription
Subscribe

FAT1 is 1GB/30days (auto renewal)
FAT2 is 2GB/30days (auto renewal)
FAT5 is 5GB/30days (auto renewal)
FAT10 is 10GB/30days (auto renewal)
FAT500 is 500mb/30days (auto renewal)
FATW2 is 2GB/7days (NO auto renewal)
FATD1 is daily (cannot choose this)

Then after subscribe, go to unsubscribe, choose unsubscribe data recurring (auto renew).

Last edited:

weeza77

Reaction score
How long does these data expiry?
Few yrs ago used to have hotlink maxis data for ipad.
Rm30 for 1gb valid for 1 yr. Good for those who go in once every few month. So now if not gg in every month which card best?

Data valid for 28mth or until fully consumed which ever comes first.

For my XOX plan, I bought the 10gb + 333min talk time. Validity 28mths. Subscribed/Used 500mb(30days) 2 times already so Season Pass data left 9gb.

chiusk

Reaction score
Go to federal motors, they are the AD for VW in Malaysia

Hi guys, any recommendation for realiable workshop with resonable labour cost for my VW car? If I were to bring my parts over what is the labour cost like?

Appreciate if anybody can share ? Planning to replace my both headlights but i’m buying the part separately in SG from Jae auto. Any chance I can get headlights in JB for a cheaper price?

lurker88

Reaction score
You can stop the Data auto renewal via the app.
Wait for the Happy Hour RM50 offer. At the same time validity will be extended by 50 days.
Season pass is sort of like a bank. You withdraw the data when you want to use it.

Give you example,

To withdraw data via myxox app
Go to Data subscription
Subscribe

FAT1 is 1GB/30days (auto renewal)
FAT2 is 2GB/30days (auto renewal)
FAT5 is 5GB/30days (auto renewal)
FAT10 is 10GB/30days (auto renewal)
FAT500 is 500mb/30days (auto renewal)
FATW2 is 2GB/7days (NO auto renewal)
FATD1 is daily (cannot choose this)

Then after subscribe, go to unsubscribe, choose unsubscribe data recurring (auto renew).

Just realised my sim is until jan 21. Tks.

Yup, I prefer to leave it (auto renewal) as it is, since every month go in min twice. Lazy to configure and data alot since I buy few during promo. Lol

razakyasin93

Reaction score
Thanks bro. You know how much thier labour cost? How is thier workmanship & overall?

1st timer going malaysia to do my car. Just ensuring I’m going to a good one & don’t kena chopped haha

Go to federal motors, they are the AD for VW in Malaysia

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro. You know how much thier labour cost? How is thier workmanship & overall?

1st timer going malaysia to do my car. Just ensuring I’m going to a good one & don’t kena chopped haha

what are u planning to change or install?

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MyDigi 3GB for 24 hours validity is RM3. If you're alone and don't need much, you can also get 300MB for RM1. So depending on your usage, one RM10 topup can use for 5 separate day trips (after 6% SST, you get RM9.43 in your balance - first topup validity extended, so RM1 for 300MB, then 4 times of RM1 for extend validity and RM1 for 300MB). For long trips, you can subscribe to those 7-day packages and it's quite worth it.
I head in about once every 2-3 weeks, and usually just do all the extension and buying of data while stuck in the queue in SG side.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, any recommendation for realiable workshop with resonable labour cost for my VW car? If I were to bring my parts over what is the labour cost like?

Appreciate if anybody can share ? Planning to replace my both headlights but i’m buying the part separately in SG from Jae auto. Any chance I can get headlights in JB for a cheaper price?

You can try Edge Euro. They Do MB, VW, BMW and Mini.
Contact them over FB.
Ask for a quote then you decide.
It is very difficult for bro to tell you or even give you an estimate of labour cost and parts.

Since is your first time, please leave your expectation in sg. i.e JB workshop environment maybe not as conducive as some in sg.

Unless, is the usual EO and filter change service, labour should be below RM80.
Oil and filter you provide.

Last edited:

razakyasin93

Reaction score
Thanks bro. I think can consider servicing in jb since can provide them the parts.

I’ll contact them & check

You can try Edge Euro. They Do MB, VW, BMW and Mini.
Contact them over FB.
Ask for a quote then you decide.
It is very difficult for bro to tell you or even give you an estimate of labour cost and parts.

Since is your first time, please leave your expectation in sg. i.e JB workshop environment maybe not as conducive as some in sg.

Unless, is the usual EO and filter change service, labour should be below RM80.
Oil and filter you provide.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.