[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallraen

Reaction score
anyone got a spare RT2600AC lying around that you want to sell? was going to create a mesh in my new apartment and thought the MR2200ac had more LAN ports at the back. i checked mediapro and storage studio but they're out of stock right now. let me know if you know somewhere with stock. thanks!

Besaid

Reaction score
After lurking here for so long, finally pulled the trigger on the ds1019+. Lazada is now having store-wide sale for Amex card holders. Can't wait to see the possibilities the nas can offer.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After lurking here for so long, finally pulled the trigger on the ds1019+. Lazada is now having store-wide sale for Amex card holders. Can't wait to see the possibilities the nas can offer.

https://nascompares.com/2018/06/07/synology-ds1019-vs-ds918-nas-comparison/

Not too sure if this is accurate.

i thought it makes more sense to buy 918+ > 1019+ instead.

$300+ difference is huge. (700+ to 1000+)
*Considering that i paid <$700 for my DS918+

What is the price you paid after the AMEX promotion?

Last edited:

Besaid

Reaction score

ssian84

Master Member
Reaction score
I have just bought myself a 918+ with 4*4TB
I’m not exactly sure what’s the difference between SHR and RAID5. Which is the better option?

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have just bought myself a 918+ with 4*4TB
I’m not exactly sure what’s the difference between SHR and RAID5. Which is the better option?

SHR is synology own raid. If you are not familiar with raid then SHR is more user friendly

ssian84

Master Member
Reaction score
SHR is synology own raid. If you are not familiar with raid then SHR is more user friendly

Recommend SHR. Better for upgrading and etc.

Thank you both. I would like to know if in the event 1hdd is faulty, which option is easier to recover? I read about raid and how they stored the data but in the event of one failure, is it very troublesome? I read in Synology forum, some used the SHR and one he’d got faulty and whole thing can’t work

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

iphone88

Reaction score
going to purchase NAS in PC Show tomorrow.
May I know which HDD brand is recommended?
Going for 2x4TB HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.