Jetstar service fees

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do they still charge extra to pay by AMEX?

From jetstar website:
Debit and credit card
A Booking and Service Fee of $10.00 per passenger per flight applies, except for Jetstar Mastercard

A return flight would cost u $20.00 more per passenger ...

fortunehunter

Banned
Reaction score
Your last time should be about 5 years ago ...
Perhaps many people used their offline payment to avoid the cc charges.
They started to charge fees at $4 or $5 , cant rmb ...

Yes i hardly book jetstar few years back till recently due to the price is more or less the same as regular airline.

fortunehunter

Banned
Reaction score
Anyway for SAM or post office payment just register online and made payment using enets and you will save additional $4 if paid directly to jetstar via enets.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes i hardly book jetstar few years back till recently due to the price is more or less the same as regular airline.

jetstar prices recently have been very attractive.
usually they only have once $0 two way promo fare,
however, apart from oct last year, they do have 3 times $0 to many destinations including taipei, hong kong, bangkok, phuket, bali, etc

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway for SAM or post office payment just register online and made payment using enets and you will save additional $4 if paid directly to jetstar via enets.

You mean this:
https://www.singpost.com/pay/transport-airline-bills

If your ticket is $100
When you choose offline payment method, it will become $100+$6 = $106

When you login to Singpost website, you are paying $106 , same as the amount you are paying at SAM or singpost outlet. agree ?

If you are clicking on enets to make payment on jetstar website, you would have to pay $9 per person per sector ... $ 18 for two way flight ...

Last edited:

fortunehunter

Banned
Reaction score
You mean this:
https://www.singpost.com/pay/transport-airline-bills

If your ticket is $100
When you choose offline payment method, it will become $100+$6 = $106

When you login to Singpost website, you are paying $106 , same as the amount you are paying at SAM or singpost outlet. agree ?

If you are clicking on enets to make payment on jetstar website, you would have to pay $9 per person per sector ... $ 18 for two way flight ...

yes you are right so it made no sense to pay direct to Jetstar with additional of $12.

fortunehunter

Banned
Reaction score
jetstar prices recently have been very attractive.
usually they only have once $0 two way promo fare,
however, apart from oct last year, they do have 3 times $0 to many destinations including taipei, hong kong, bangkok, phuket, bali, etc

yes but most of their date for $0 is flying on thursday and return on tuesday.
Preferred to fly on either thursday and back sunday or friday back monday.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes but most of their date for $0 is flying on thursday and return on tuesday.
Preferred to fly on either thursday and back sunday or friday back monday.

Depending on their promo and destinations ...
For Bkk, jetstar do have $95 to $120 (For Fri depart, sun back)
The promo by Jetstar last week do have this ...
The last time they have this is in Dec end promo, can fly in Jan to Mar, fly Fri come back sun or mon ... including mar school holiday period

Prior to that, their $0 two way is usually for wed to sat or sat to tue fares.
taxes in is about $83 two way ...
Compared to their good promo of $120 that allows you to fly on thu/friday, back on Sun/Mon . some would rather top up $37 per person to save up their leaves ...

For Taipei, their $0 fare allows you to fly on Thu, Fri, come back on Sun, Mon, all flight timings ... (most of their $0 fare allows that. Understand that there are times whereby their $0 two way for taipei only allows you to fly Mon to wed those dates )

As usual, they rarely have promo for ph and school holiday period ...

Last edited:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$95 to $120 is so great! How they even make any money on that?

Maybe their parent company, qantas is doing well ...
Anyway jetstar is one of the better budget airline in terms of promotional pricing (few times $0 two way excluding taxes), as well as a better on-time rate ...

Occupy HK

Reaction score
Yup, Singapore website for jetstar voucher has already been down since few weeks ago ... They never really "repair" the website for very long time already.

You can either pay your expenses in credit card ($10 per person per sector)
or purchase voucher from Jetstar AU website ...
The amount converted to SGD might be lesser than the current exchange rates, hence be prepared to purchase a higher amount .
Purchased a AUD 250 voucher, but my bank charges me SGD 250 too :(

Plus, if you have already made an offline booking, and have yet to pay.
If you have decided to pay using credit card, you will have to top up $20 per return flight, but they will deduct the $6 offline payments from your bookings.

However, if you are going to use vouchers, you would have to pay that $6 offline payments charges too ...

Whatever leftover balance would stay in your booking.
You can use them to purchase meals or luggage checked in ...
The balance, you can use your cc pay , with no additional cc charges ...

Very helpful. SG gift voucher site still down. Do you know the exchange rates? I mean, if I buy AUD200 voucher, it may cost say SGD190 (depending on your bank exchange rate). Then you apply it against the SGD Jetstar fare, do you get SGD200 of credit or SGD190 of credit or even worse exchange rate so maybe SGD185 of credit?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very helpful. SG gift voucher site still down. Do you know the exchange rates? I mean, if I buy AUD200 voucher, it may cost say SGD190 (depending on your bank exchange rate). Then you apply it against the SGD Jetstar fare, do you get SGD200 of credit or SGD190 of credit or even worse exchange rate so maybe SGD185 of credit?

everyday changes perhaps ... subject to exchange rate
u would only know the exact amount in SGD when you have received the voucher within one hour in your email account, and apply your voucher to your bookings ...

That time I paid AUD200 , voucher is only worth 190SGD ...
to be safe, you would have to buy higher amount in case not enough voucher, u have to buy another AUD25 voucher to cover ...

fortunehunter

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Holidays markers,

Does anyone know if my flight is at 7 am in the morning can i check in like 12 am with jetstar? I dont have any check in just hand carry.

I want to save my taxi fare cause i staying at boon lay, thanks.

anthony.phua

Reaction score
Hi. Do you do steps 1 & 2 in the same transaction? Or do you do step 1 first and then step 2 later?

Thanks.

There is a hack for this. Let me teach u.

Jetstar smallest denomination is $25. You can do this and i have tried many times. =)

1) Book tickets without luggage and see if total fare is close to nearest $25.
For example, i dont add luggage and total fare is $531.
I will buy $550 worth of vouchers and there is "$19" left.

2) i will add checkin luggage worth say $40. Jetstar will use the excess $19 from vouchers to offset the $40 and you have to pay $21 using credit card AT NO SURCHARGE.

This is the most brilliant way to hack jetstar ticket purchase.

Thank me lots.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone can answer the above question regarding the voucher heck for Jetstar?

the heck is ... if your total amount is $535, you buy $550 voucher.
your remaining balance, you use them to add on something later ...

however, now jetstar policy has changed.
the remaining $15 would be forfeited ...
no longer you can use the remaining $15 to add on

if u using voucher, u only can buy from their aussie website
the exchange rate is based on that day ...
if u buy 50aud voucher, the amount might be between 46sgd to 47.5sgd ...

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Yes can, online check in n print ur boarding pass and depart from Singapore

Hi Holidays markers,

Does anyone know if my flight is at 7 am in the morning can i check in like 12 am with jetstar? I dont have any check in just hand carry.

I want to save my taxi fare cause i staying at boon lay, thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.