Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangerK

Reaction score
Seeking Advice

On the other side, I went for an investigation recently and the IO kept telling me that he would charge me because this is not the first investigation.I insisted that I did not help the Loan shark activities after i was arrested in January. I am currently on bail now.

Hi

Chg your number , go see mp ask for extra patrolling from spf , mp can do that .

Hi I have changed my mobile number and they still managed to find me.

They told me they have people working inside bank and will know all my updated details.

Do u have any advice with regards to the police? Should I seek legal advice?

titimilkmilkmilk

Master Member
Reaction score
Get cctv done would be best. Did u show them ur text msg conversation between u and the ah long ??? To clear ur name . So they can do a clearer judgement on this.
Hi, I am unsure on what to do.

As the LS is going to start harassing me, I have reported police about the harassment and planning to get a CCTV.

I am trying to block them as much as possible.

On the other side, I went for an investigation recently and the IO kept telling me that he would charge me because this is not the first investigation.I insisted that I did not help the Loan shark activities after i was arrested in January. I am currently on bail now.

Now i am stressed from both Police and LS.

Should I seek for legal advice?

Please help me out here. You can PM me too. Thanks alot

StrangerK

Reaction score
Seeking Advice

Get cctv done would be best. Did u show them ur text msg conversation between u and the ah long ??? To clear ur name . So they can do a clearer judgement on this.

I changed my number so i didn't have old messages. I told the police i dont help them as there are also personal transactions in my own account. I showed them a threatening whatsapp text from them ever since I changed my number and they still managed to find me.

CloudClau

Reaction score
Hi I have changed my mobile number and they still managed to find me.

They told me they have people working inside bank and will know all my updated details.

Do u have any advice with regards to the police? Should I seek legal advice?

If this is the case you should report to police that the banks is giving out your info .

u can pm me then i can explain to u more

Reaction score
not yet , still on bail , next court date in july ..... still praying everyday hope will drop the charges loh .

Those in legal case, see legal help to fight your case, don't fight it alone if you are really innocent. Law is blind, police just do based on evidence. PM if need help.

Reaction score
Hi, I am unsure on what to do.

As the LS is going to start harassing me, I have reported police about the harassment and planning to get a CCTV.

I am trying to block them as much as possible.

Now i am stressed from both Police and LS.

Should I seek for legal advice?

Please help me out here. You can PM me too. Thanks alot

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Reaction score
Hi. Few days ago i encounter this ad on fb, providing personal loan at good repayment plans 1k 24 mths $55 per mth. So i whatsapp and enquire thinking that its legal loan as there is license num on the ad. The person ask for my NRIC and singpass to check if i an eligible for this loan. So i gave them. And after awhile they told me my loan is approved! And req for my acc num but sad to say i dont hav an acc so i requested to go down to the shop and apply face to face instead. Then they told me they are UML!! And i say i dont wish to continue with this loan and they say once apply means own them! They keep threatening they will go up my house, and keep calling my work place and home. I am in distress... helppppppppp

Question is will they really turn up at my house and burn or splash paint?
I have already blocked them.
But they r still making calls to my work place and home.
I just need someone who will understand my situation. My mom is not very supportive. She is adding more stress to me saying if my house is splashed she will kill me and kill herself after that. I m really depress

You can't blame your mum, she does not know it is a loan scam.
We understand your situation, STAY STRONG and FEAR NOT.

Explain to her it is a SCAM, tell her not to do anything silly like killing herself. If she is not stable, pls reach out and seek help for her.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

SaltyKKJ

Reaction score
wah all small amounts.

looks like they only have like a few hundred dollars as sunk cost.

wondering if anyone here get $40k at one go from LS. LOL.

AL also got risk management, mai seng seng.

Makminah

Reaction score
Hi. Few days ago i encounter this ad on fb, providing personal loan at good repayment plans 1k 24 mths $55 per mth. So i whatsapp and enquire thinking that its legal loan as there is license num on the ad. The person ask for my NRIC and singpass to check if i an eligible for this loan. So i gave them. And after awhile they told me my loan is approved! And req for my acc num but sad to say i dont hav an acc so i requested to go down to the shop and apply face to face instead. Then they told me they are UML!! And i say i dont wish to continue with this loan and they say once apply means own them! They keep threatening they will go up my house, and keep calling my work place and home. I am in distress... helppppppppp

Question is will they really turn up at my house and burn or splash paint?
I have already blocked them.
But they r still making calls to my work place and home.
I just need someone who will understand my situation. My mom is not very supportive. She is adding more stress to me saying if my house is splashed she will kill me and kill herself after that. I m really depress

Hello Jiamin,
So sorry to hear about what happened to you. Right now you need to pull yourself together and not be afraid. They are using harrassment and scaring tactics to make you pay them. Dont fall for their trap and report to the police. You didnt loan from them anything so they wont want to waste money on people to come and splash paint. Just ignore and block all their calls and messages. If possible just change yr num. Hopefully that will at least give you some peace.
Be strong and remember you are not alone. We are all here to support you through this. You need to be emotionally and memtally strong to fight against them. Explain to your mum and whatever she say just keep quiet and apologise. Dont argue with her cause at this moment you need her support more than ever. She is angry and upset, she'll say things she dont mean so try to be apologetic.

Make a police report immediately, change your number, if you provide your NOK number inform them about the situation, if you provide your workplace number inform them too. If you feel there's a need to install CCTV just go ahead. Tell you mum if she see any unknown people loitering around just call the police.
Be strong, be safe and dont be afraid. Jiayou, you can do this! 💪💪

Sg_Oris

Reaction score
I heard knocks at the door and I ignored them.
After awhile, there is no electricity to the house.
I went to check and the main breaker outside was switched off.
Do you think I should report this to the police?

titimilkmilkmilk

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes bro u shld report.. if u install cctv?? if yes show to police oso.

Last edited:

titimilkmilkmilk

Master Member
Reaction score
Every mnth u still hv to go n sign?? Did u manage to show them ur text message btw the Ah Long and u to proof u r not a runner??? I will pray that everything will be fine at ur side... don worry so much about it sis
not yet , still on bail , next court date in july ..... still praying everyday hope will drop the charges loh .

Messup

Reaction score

May I know if you had borrowed or scammed?

UML or LML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.