Treasure at Tampines

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its a nice area but you probably need to own a car. And if you want to travel to CBD, it will take quite some time. Will be good if you are retiree.

I am more concern over the sky above the area since its near to aerospace industry there. :o

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is perfectly fine if other people use their money to purchase property to drive the economy. As Long as they are not using my money...if they gain with all the absd, high interest and taxes we can only congratulate them. If they lose money like those who bought some Sentosa properties, then use them as a lesson learnt. They pay ‘fees’ to learn, but we learn from them...

To learn a lesson, some Sentosa buyers paid millions in fees,

https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...a-cove-drop-record-low-unit-just-sold-50-loss

Some may say these people are flush with cash, lose millions no problem. If this is the case, really advise them to give more to charity and a good cause.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Many have misconception that buying property is a sure-win investment.

True for the past decades but the trend may not continue.

Population and economy will stagnate one day.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whose advise you take

Case Study

Case 1:
Remembered one developer CEO urged people to buy Sentosa as ‘land is limited’ and ‘foreigners can buy’ ...see what happened to price of Sentosa properties.

Then recently, someone urged government to make Sentosa an exhibition and seminar hub like Bali..

Case 2:
Some agents urged buyers to buy West sun facing units, ‘clothes easy to dry.’

Case 3:
One agent during his seminar urged buyers to buy highway facing units, ‘highway unblocked view’

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Probably those <1500 psf is a safer bet.....can't imagine them to drop for more than 50%....

Sentosa property is the playground mainly for foreign investors, and recent CM imposed a tax of 20% on these foreign buyers.
As a normal singaporean family, would u want to live in Sentosa and send your kids to schools or travel to work by driving in and out of the Sentosa gantry to Singapore mainland every morning?
How would you and your parents find a decent/affordable hawker or coffee shops around Sentosa cove for their daily meals? Are there any nearby healthcare services if one needs urgent medical attention w/o the need to drive in and out?
Who would be your prospective Sentosa buyers in the near future?
One needs to think through and consider carefully the above points.

This has nothing to do with how much psf would be a safer bet. It’s a misconception to mix mainland property with Sentosa property. I can easily quote you more examples of Sentosa property making a loss of more than 40% and some of these properties are bought during the last decade where many other Singapore mainland properties are already seeing huge capital appreciation over the past few years.
Likewise in the property downward cycle, even in Singapore mainland, If u buy the wrong property at a cheaper psf, u will still lose money. In today’s context, there’s no sure win in property investment anymore.

While Sentosa property is suffering a 50% loss, Singapore mainland property are still transacting at skyhigh psf/quantum. It is important to be discerning in whatever we read and make sense out of it.

Penthouse at 3 Orchard By-The-Park fetches $31.5 mil http://www.newsloop.co/u/21ku51

Last edited:

Clazav

Reaction score
Case 2 is funny. The buyer also will be squeezed dry..

Some agents say that buy low floor better as 'noise of the road travel upward'. I wonder if they take sec sch physics or not, why will sound only choose to travel in a specific direction?

Case Study

Case 1:
Remembered one developer CEO urged people to buy Sentosa as ‘land is limited’ and ‘foreigners can buy’ ...see what happened to price of Sentosa properties.

Then recently, someone urged government to make Sentosa an exhibition and seminar hub like Bali..

Case 2:
Some agents urged buyers to buy West sun facing units, ‘clothes easy to dry.’

Case 3:
One agent during his seminar urged buyers to buy highway facing units, ‘highway unblocked view’

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many people buying.:o I was at show flat yesterday.:o many families engaged with agents and I can see both buyers and agents satisfied face.:o

Clazav

Reaction score
Agents got to always give a satisfied face no matter what. Who wanna buy property from a grumpy persons.

Many people buying.:o I was at show flat yesterday.:o many families engaged with agents and I can see both buyers and agents satisfied face.:o

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Show flat With many satisfied faces (even when economy is dipping)

Which show Flat?

Good to know that during school holidays, families take time out to visit show flat- ‘singapore favourite pastime’

Also, good to have satisfied people around, maybe when recession comes, they would be even more satisfied to have closed multiple deals before the recession.

Anyway, the ones holding the potatoes (dunno hot or golden) are the buyers and good luck on their purchases.

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which show Flat?

Good to know that during school holidays, families take time out to visit show flat- ‘singapore favourite pastime’

Also, good to have satisfied people around, maybe when recession comes, they would be even more satisfied to have closed multiple deals before the recession.

Anyway, the ones holding the potatoes (dunno hot or golden) are the buyers and good luck on their purchases.

Was at the Changi prison show flat and amaze with the crowd.:o property is so attractive.:o

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Sentosa property is the playground mainly for foreign investors, and recent CM imposed a tax of 20% on these foreign buyers.
As a normal singaporean family, would u want to live in Sentosa and send your kids to schools or travel to work by driving in and out of the Sentosa gantry to Singapore mainland every morning?
How would you and your parents find a decent/affordable hawker or coffee shops around Sentosa cove for their daily meals? Are there any nearby healthcare services if one needs urgent medical attention w/o the need to drive in and out?
Who would be your prospective Sentosa buyers in the near future?
One needs to think through and consider carefully the above points.

This has nothing to do with how much psf would be a safer bet. It’s a misconception to mix mainland property with Sentosa property. I can easily quote you more examples of Sentosa property making a loss of more than 40% and some of these properties are bought during the last decade where many other Singapore mainland properties are already seeing huge capital appreciation over the past few years.
Likewise in the property downward cycle, even in Singapore mainland, If u buy the wrong property at a cheaper psf, u will still lose money. In today’s context, there’s no sure win in property investment anymore.

While Sentosa property is suffering a 50% loss, Singapore mainland property are still transacting at skyhigh psf/quantum. It is important to be discerning in whatever we read and make sense out of it.

Penthouse at 3 Orchard By-The-Park fetches $31.5 mil http://www.newsloop.co/u/21ku51

Not only sentosa units are making losses. There are many developments on mainland that are consistently making losses too including orchard area. Marina bay suites is one example. I am pretty sure buyers who are paying sky-high for those new launch orchard penthouses will have a good chance to sell for loss in the future.

That said, I have said before that the luxury property market is very different from mass-market condos like Treasure etc.

UNDER THE HAMMER: Unit at Marina Bay Suites for sale at $5.8 mil
https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/under-hammer-unit-marina-bay-suites-sale-58-mil

Kenji_Yamato

Reaction score
Ask your agent will the developer go belly? If under paramount mortgagee, uncomplete condo with no security, see he/she answer your question? Think twice b4 you make decision

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Not only sentosa units are making losses. There are many developments on mainland that are consistently making losses too including orchard area. Marina bay suites is one example. I am pretty sure buyers who are paying sky-high for those new launch orchard penthouses will have a good chance to sell for loss in the future.

That said, I have said before that the luxury property market is very different from mass-market condos like Treasure etc.

UNDER THE HAMMER: Unit at Marina Bay Suites for sale at $5.8 mil
https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/under-hammer-unit-marina-bay-suites-sale-58-mil

Yes, especially for the luxury sector during the down cycle. It’s either make or break. Ask ourselves, even at a discount/loss of 1.3mil selling at 5.8 mil, how many ordinary folks like us are able to pick up a quantum like this?
Betw 2017-2018, when mainland property see an increase in 9.1% in price, Sentosa property only rose by 0.8%.
Before the latest CM, below are some examples of profit gains in mainland luxury sector.

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/large-condo-units-sold-million-dollar-profits

https://www.sqfeed.com/2017/08/14/t...d-on-july-25-this-marks-the-seventh-transact/

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/four-bedroom-unit-glentrees-sold-23-mil-profit
All in all, everything is about timing. Some people win, some people lose. Where got any investment that guarantee sure win?

Interesting thing to note is after the latest CM, the ultra rich are still buying. Ain’t they not learned their lesson yet?
But who knows they may be right?
https://sbr.com.sg/residential-prop...op-ultra-wealthy-and-foreigners-buying-luxury

While many predicted and are wary of the coming 2020 recession, trade war etc, this reminds me of those who bought caspian and 8@woodleigh during the 2008/2009 financial crisis period. These buyers are probably seeing double profit gain by now? But then again, who dares to buy property during recession time/financial crisis period?

Since we are in Tampines treasure (mass market condo thread), let’s focus on the topic (or at least topic on mass market condos) and not steered to Sentosa property or luxury sector. They are totally two different things altogether. Else this thread will become rojak.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Was at the Changi prison show flat and amaze with the crowd.:o property is so attractive.:o

You say you don’t like sims drive, Aljunied, Paya lebar, But u are ok with a condo directly next to the prison that worth your time visiting the SF? :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.