Android TV Box

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where to watch old HK Cantonese shows like jackie Chan, Shanghai Tan? I tried the tvb app but it doesn't work.

For Premium user, there are some old show under classic but only a little bit eg. wang fei hong.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Earlier I was a free TVB anywhere user so I email to CS and they confirm that only Premium user can watch with the android TV box app so I signed up for the service. Quite ok to watch on my TV.

rainforest

Reaction score
Hi, I have mio tv and ub box am thinking of getting the starhub go, what do u guys think, is the contents the same? Thanks.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have mio tv and ub box am thinking of getting the starhub go, what do u guys think, is the contents the same? Thanks.
The TV channels are listed online. Singtel GO app is available too.

Last edited:

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Premium user, there are some old show under classic but only a little bit eg. wang fei hong.
There's actually quite a decent selection. 楚留香 全套上海灘 薛仁貴徵東 薛丁山征西 薛剛反唐 etc all there

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's actually quite a decent selection. 楚留香 全套上海灘 薛仁貴徵東 薛丁山征西 薛剛反唐 etc all there

Yes i saw it now. With user buying directly from TVB now, it will be very hard for SH. More and more cut cord.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im getting an android box, X96 or H96 better?

Both are generic no brand boxes and the quality may vary a lot. Both will not support Netflix HD.

Better to buy more well-known brand like Xiaomi Mi Box S. If for some reason you think Mi Box S is not good for you then you may want to consider S905X2 based box like Beelink GT1 Mini.

Otokiru

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok thanks~

Both are generic no brand boxes and the quality may vary a lot. Both will not support Netflix HD.

Better to buy more well-known brand like Xiaomi Mi Box S. If for some reason you think Mi Box S is not good for you then you may want to consider S905X2 based box like Beelink GT1 Mini.

ohhh shoot... wanted to watch subscription tv and netflix on the android box... so i guess those generic brands wont go for me...

need a 4gb ram box... can the Beelink GT1 Mini support netflix HD?

Last edited:

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paying $ is premium user. Go to Premium Zone and under Classic, you will see the old show.
Basically, all the old classics are free. Only very recently aired shows and tiong drama dubbed in Cantonese needs premium. TBH, old dramas are very hard to find whereas new ones are online everywhere

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok thanks~

ohhh shoot... wanted to watch subscription tv and netflix on the android box... so i guess those generic brands wont go for me...

need a 4gb ram box... can the Beelink GT1 Mini support netflix HD?

No, the Beelink GT1 Mini will not support Netflix HD.

And you do not need 4GB RAM for streaming. Mi Box S has only 2GB RAM but it is fine for Netflix 4K streaming. Nvidia Shield TV is the king of Android TV box and it has 3GB RAM.

Otokiru

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, the Beelink GT1 Mini will not support Netflix HD.

And you do not need 4GB RAM for streaming. Mi Box S has only 2GB RAM but it is fine for Netflix 4K streaming. Nvidia Shield TV is the king of Android TV box and it has 3GB RAM.

ahh ok, thanks alot bro!

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using mibox 4k (Not S) with tvbanywhere+ android tv version? Is it compatible?
LAhrbkZl.jpg

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using mibox 4k (Not S) with tvbanywhere+ android tv version? Is it compatible?

Both Mi Box S (MDZ-22-AB) and the older version Mi Box Global version (MDZ-16-AB) are compatible with TVB Anywhere+ TV version.

Take note TVB Anywhere+ TV version is only for paid members (SVOD subscription).

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both Mi Box S (MDZ-22-AB) and the older version Mi Box Global version (MDZ-16-AB) are compatible with TVB Anywhere+ TV version.

Take note TVB Anywhere+ TV version is only for paid members (SVOD subscription).
Thanks for the heads up. I am aware that it only works with premium membership. Just wanted to confirm before that it works with my box before committing

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.