Dental clinic in jb

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's around this kind of price, or rather +/-S$100 here in SG...

ya > 3 times the price in johor. :(

would you know any shops in johor that sells crest 3d whitening strips? tried some of the pharmacies but they only carry toothpaste. which isn't really effective for me....

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya > 3 times the price in johor. :(

would you know any shops in johor that sells crest 3d whitening strips? tried some of the pharmacies but they only carry toothpaste. which isn't really effective for me....

Sorry, no idea about that. :o

For whitening, you might want to consider baking soda, but have to be very careful not to overdo it. Can Google for recommended usage and see if it works for you. :)

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no idea about that. :o

For whitening, you might want to consider baking soda, but have to be very careful not to overdo it. Can Google for recommended usage and see if it works for you. :)

Yes baking soda is effective for removing yellowish caffeine stains from coffee black n tea that I drink daily. Really helps to give the teeth a natural light yellowish color. Sometimes I'd mix it with a bit of activated carbon too.

I use the strips to make it really white. Just me. Lol.

No worries, I'll ask around when I'm in msia again. Thanks.

skye98

Reaction score
Alpha Dental KSL

hi all,
I was quote RM1600 for zirconia ceramic crown at Alpha Dental KSL.. is it good price?? Anyone have experience with Alpha Dental KSL and is zirconia ceramic crown is good?

PS. any better dental recommendation and better price for crowning?

TIA

Wishdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for teeth whitening? Preferably in City square.

Sent from Ilovennp using GAGT

kaixin18

Reaction score
Today at Dental Clinic CH TEE, did scaling & polishing for RM 100.

Dental Clinic CH TEE seems to pop up quite abit in this thread. I was wondering if their hygienic standards are proper and decent? (definitely not as good as sg, understandable)

Anyone has the whatapp number to make an appointment?

Before cny, I polish n clean in sg... sgd90+ after gst... :(

It's around this kind of price, or rather +/-S$100 here in SG...

my husband went for polishing and cleaning and some other things just now. he paid $150 at raffles dental. he came back with gaps in some of the teeth and dentist say his gum is receding. whats the best procedure to save my teeth? what should i do? gum operation? invisalign? braces?

xXxJavierxXx

Reaction score
Went to Dental Clinic CH TEE to do a replacement crown.

Did filling and temporary crown for 140rm.

Full metal crown for 800rm.

Going for a 2nd visit to collect the crown 2 weeks later.

skye98

Reaction score
CH TEE Dental Clinic

hi all,

i'll be going to CH TEE Dental Clinic in august for crowning, can some kind soul recommend me a good dentist?

PS. i've not been there before is it very far from customs?
is it safe to take grab alone?

TIA

hwsstx

Reaction score
hi all,

i'll be going to CH TEE Dental Clinic in august for crowning, can some kind soul recommend me a good dentist?

PS. i've not been there before is it very far from customs?
is it safe to take grab alone?

TIA

Read these for 1st time visit:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/110025259-post3.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/117250100-post96.html
A dentist will be assigned to you.

Read this for distance & taxi fare:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/118122473-post127.html

Grab drivers are like pirates in Somalia but so far have not experienced any piracy.

Last edited:

hwsstx

Reaction score
Today at Dental CH Tee, paid RM 270 for:

Filling for molar, RM 130
X-Ray, RM40
Scaling & polishing, RM 100.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also keen to do crowning. Just did my molar RC, cost me 1.7k for the endonoist.
If 800 rm, I think I take leave and go inside..

hwsstx

Reaction score
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ost-johor-bahru-bangkok-singaporeans-11913880

High costs: Why Singaporeans are going elsewhere for dental procedures

Dr CH Tee, who has run a dental clinic in the Taman Sentosa neighbourhood of Johor Bahru for the past two decades, said he has seen an increase in the number of patients from Singapore in recent years.

He estimates that around 30 per cent of his patients now come from across the Causeway, which he attributes to word-of-mouth recommendation among his clientele.

On tech portal HardwareZone's online forum, a thread dating back to 2017 has more than 170 posts on where to go for dental treatment in Johor Bahru.

The thread remains active, with recommendations of particular clinics in the Malaysian city, as well as commenters sharing their experiences with individual dentists and how much clinics there charge for specific procedures.

Last edited:

stp123

Reaction score
went to the Clinic CH Tee today in the late afternoon 25092019.

probably due to the rain, i only had to wait 10 min before its my turn.

did cleaning and polishing. cost rm 100.

service from the staff was really good. will probably go back to do crowning which i was quoted rm800.

the taxi cost from city sq to the dentist cost rm 15.

skye98

Reaction score
anybody been to Alpha Dental Clinic in JB? any reviews from local here... :o

I made a night guard at their Alpha KSL branch price is cheaper compare to SG but if compare to MY its not so cheap and the quality is only so so.
I don't really like the staff there including the doctor who attended to me, they gave me the vibe like they don't like singaporean. I'll never step in there again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.