Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancyy

Reaction score
Actually I think the common fear is letting family members know. At that time, I was so ashamed. I was afraid to tell my kids. But the most heartwarming part they told me was that I worked so hard and they understand why I did it. So one sentence from them “ we stand together”. Wah that part I totally broke down.

My daughter didn't talk to me for days.
I hope will get over this soon.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Sister, it’s hard now. But when you realised the money you paid can put into better use for yourself and your family, then those Ah long can’t win this.

Have a good talk with your daughter. Explain to her why you enquired it in the first place. She will still be angry but by the right of the day, you want to provide a better life for them too.

polarinda

Reaction score
Mai gong ka aneh dua kang lei... people are in fear that y they r here for a reason
. When people are in need of money n get threaten frm AL they turn to runner n splash those hse if they gt $ they wont do all these already Loh

that was spoken in the heat of the moment previously.
But fact is, victims should not be afraid or else the cycle will never end. The bug stops when we are not afraid. I think this is what we are all here to learn.
End of day, a victim turned runner is still a criminal. And they must also learn not to bow to LS pressure to be runners. That's how the law is.

After i changed number and install cctv, i wasn't afraid anymore.
If u r short of cash, always look for proper legal channels. Work harder and get by. Everyone makes mistakes and the faster u learn, the faster u can get back on track.

Last edited:

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
This one I have to agree. The more they sensed your fears, they will use it to their advantages and threaten even more. So if they scold on the phone, they can’t do anything physically. They just wanted to squeeze more money.

But fact is, victims should not be afraid or else the cycle will never end. The bug stops wehn we are not afraid. I think this is what we are all here to learn.
End of day, a victim turned runner is still a criminal. And they must also learn not to bow to LS pressure to be runners. That's how the law is.

seowliao

Reaction score

tell her you are a scam victim yourself and she should be by your side..family support is very crucial at this moment...

Be vigilant of your surrounding from now on..esp suspicious characters
Call 999 if necessary

Nancyy

Reaction score
But fact is, victims should not be afraid or else the cycle will never end. The bug stops when we are not afraid. I think this is what we are all here to learn.

After i changed number and install cctv, i wasn't afraid anymore.
If u r short of cash, always look for proper legal channels. Work harder and get by. Everyone makes mistakes and the faster u learn, the faster u can get back on track.

My block downstairs inside n outside lift n 2nd flr staircase there r total 6 CCTV ..However I will still install 1 just in case runner turned up. Also want to get this resolved asap.

Nancyy

Reaction score
tell her you are a scam victim yourself and she should be by your side..family support is very crucial at this moment...

Be vigilant of your surrounding from now on..esp suspicious characters
Call 999 if necessary

I will take out my chopper from kitchen n will call 999 as well

seowliao

Reaction score
I will take out my chopper from kitchen n will call 999 as well

yes..need to instill in the mindset of all victims " NO FEAR" , brace up and move on in life..

Only worry for those who are still feeding these scammers because of fear or face factors and not seeking help..

Nancyy

Reaction score
yes..need to instill in the mindset of all victims " NO FEAR" , brace up and move on in life..

Only worry for those who are still feeding these scammers because of fear or face factors and not seeking help..

I'm more anger than them. I nd cash but I hv to trf $ to them.
Understand runner will turn up but they taking their own risk

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Sister, for me. I kept vigil for nights during the first few weeks. Until I got tired and slept on one night. It was a month plus after they sent runner up to splash. That time I also standby a metal rod and also a pail of water in case they set fire. But it was splashed with black paint.

My block downstairs inside n outside lift n 2nd flr staircase there r total 6 CCTV ..However I will still install 1 just in case runner turned up. Also want to get this resolved asap.

Nancyy

Reaction score
Sister, for me. I kept vigil for nights during the first few weeks. Until I got tired and slept on one night. It was a month plus after they sent runner up to splash. That time I also standby a metal rod and also a pail of water in case they set fire. But it was splashed with black paint.

Manage to catch the runner? Do they still come after u for $?

seowliao

Reaction score

that should be the correct way..be angry..why FEAR of these..
Better get hold of more runners and meted harsher punishment on them..
should increase the strokes of rotan..these are menace to our society

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Those runners more scared of being caught. That’s why they do it in the middle of the night when people are asleep. They don’t dare to show their faces in the day

Nancyy

Reaction score
that should be the correct way..be angry..why FEAR of these..
Better get hold of more runners and meted harsher punishment on them..
should increase the strokes of rotan..these are menace to our society

When being threatened then e FEAR will turn to ANGER

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Actually I was scared and worried. Thinking how to face my neighbours. The loanshark sent letters to them as well. After they splashed, I numbed already. That time my mindset was switched off. They splashed and I pay them also no point. So I just called police and town council came and painted the wall. I could say after the splash, I’ve overcome my fears. Cos physically they can’t hurt me. My neighbours all understanding. They knew my late wife also was in bad health and that was how I got into such trouble. But end of the day, I ownself took the stupid step by thinking I can depend on them to help me to solve my temporary problems.

Manage to catch the runner? Do they still come after u for $?

Nancyy

Reaction score
Actually I was scared and worried. Thinking how to face my neighbours. The loanshark sent letters to them as well. After they splashed, I numbed already. That time my mindset was switched off. They splashed and I pay them also no point. So I just called police and town council came and painted the wall. I could say after the splash, I’ve overcome my fears. Cos physically they can’t hurt me. My neighbours all understanding. They knew my late wife also was in bad health and that was how I got into such trouble. But end of the day, I ownself took the stupid step by thinking I can depend on them to help me to solve my temporary problems.

The town council will re-paint for us?

Nancyy

Reaction score

Sorry to hear that but indeed you have loaned from LS.

My case here is $ not yet received but asked for another 2k n comes out with nonsense reason.

I will not entertain them n let police handle this case.

polarinda

Reaction score
1. Change number, bank account.
2. report police
3.inform neighbours, noks, company that u were scammed and get their support
4. install cctv

5. go on with your life, whatever will come will come.

if they can't feel u r reading them, half the battle is won. They need u to be fearful and hoping u will pay. If u dun show fear, they can't get their money. Splashing is not done by them but by other victims. And the punishment is jail and cane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.