Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyz@1234

Reaction score
Why you even want to transfer them the money when you have enough money for yourself? It’s hard to get back your money now. They usually used this tactic to trick people.

I didn’t think that much. I didn’t even think of getting back the money I just to end this in an amicably way... but never did I think that they’ll continue asking for more. End up I have to endure their nonsense and they just keep using different numbers to call. I’m just afraid that they’ll display their ‘art work’ or harass my neighbors....

ABAB001

Reaction score
I didn’t think that much. I didn’t even think of getting back the money I just to end this in an amicably way... but never did I think that they’ll continue asking for more. End up I have to endure their nonsense and they just keep using different numbers to call. I’m just afraid that they’ll display their ‘art work’ or harass my neighbors....

Don’t give them any more money . Now they can use the money to hire runner to display more art work or Harrass your neighbour. If they did , and your neighbours ask just tell them what happen. This is the only way to get everyone together to spot of strangers and call the police.

ABAB001

Reaction score
Does living in a condo provides more restrictions for them?

Condo will have lesser chance I guess but they can still mail letters and your neighbours will still know. So don’t hide and face it . Now I’m just hoping they pop out within my neighbourhood . Technically you don’t owe them anything. I was worried for a moment . But now my aim is to catch that runner that help the idiot ls

Xyz@1234

Reaction score
Condo will have lesser chance I guess but they can still mail letters and your neighbours will still know. So don’t hide and face it . Now I’m just hoping they pop out within my neighbourhood . Technically you don’t owe them anything. I was worried for a moment . But now my aim is to catch that runner that help the idiot ls

They’re really inhumane. I did not take any of their money also kena. They even called my hubby who didn’t know about this case...luckily my hubby did not reprimand and reinforce the fact that we should not reveal any personal infos. I already blocked all their numbers so I guess I just have to wait for their next move to surprise me?

ABAB001

Reaction score
They’re really inhumane. I did not take any of their money also kena. They even called my hubby who didn’t know about this case...luckily my hubby did not reprimand and reinforce the fact that we should not reveal any personal infos. I already blocked all their numbers so I guess I just have to wait for their next move to surprise me?

They took quite long to call your Husband . For my case , second day they call my family. Don’t be afraid ! PM you personally

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
They sent letters to my neighbours as well. But luckily I have understanding neighbours. They even offered to stay vigil some nights and see anyone, they will whack.

I think you should let your neighbours know you’ve been scammed.

Thanks bro. Done that . I have deactivate my account and all . Except for installing cctv and change all the number .

It’s true technically but they think I owe them 5-10k . Ridiculously! I think the first thing they will consider is to send letter to all my neighbours and embarrass us and splash paint ba . I was hoping for them to do that . Really hope that police can manage to nab one !

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How did you sign the agreement?

Does it help by installing Cctv? I just met with a loan scam last week and I gave them my IC and singpass as well. They then tfr me $800 and ask me to tfr them back $1600. After doing so, they requested me to tfr another $2800 for new ‘customer’ and without thinking much, I did. It only took me a while to realize that I’ve been scammed as they explained that the $2800 is for opening up active account and I have to tfr another $2800 to open up inactive account. End up I told them I’m not loaning anymore but they insist that loan was approved and I have to tfr them the balance $2800. I had signed on an agreement what should I do? Real stresses up now as they should think that I’m easy target.

ABAB001

Reaction score
You see on TOP got private msg :) I also just registered. Did you managed to receive my private message ?

Last edited:

victim0001

Reaction score
Hey guys , i m the new victim here .
I need some advice n help here .
Here my story , i was applying personal loan from the bank , which is i remember i click on the ads in facebook , it was HSBC , on the same day someone contact me thru whatsapp and saying Hi you want to apply loan , so here i guess i got into the same trick , the money come to my account after i send my documents everything . Its 800 , it was test loan . He say bank cannot approve so much for first user . The money into my bank and i didnt know that . Suddenly he sent a msg to me like a agreement , no (sign from me) it was 320 per week and 5 days payment . So today i transfer the 320 to him . And screenshot prove i made it . He tell me oh u late. U have to pay double 320+320 so now i insist not to pay that another 320 and talked to him . I use these time to search online and i got it here . I made report to the police regarding this . Police said dont pay anymore . And install cctv . But they cant do it . I need to buy myself . And apply permission from town council . So after the police report . I ask him now i owe u 320+320 then finish right , he say what ?? These 320 is only interest u still owe me 1120 in base. I know im in deep **** now , i got a good life and family , i dont want they know about this but i got no choice . Please guide me how to settle this . I worry i dont pay they will come to harrass us . Will they ?
His name pm me if u want . His boss i think San from Geylang
Made police report.

1.I plan to tell my boss than i got scammed.
2.Tell my families that i got scammed.
3.Get money and transfer back the money 640 total return him 960 as promised first time . And no more bank in him money so at least he got back his money and wont harrass me ?

Please advice me

Bowlerpiin

Reaction score
Here my story , i was applying personal loan from the bank , which is i remember i click on the ads in facebook , it was HSBC , on the same day someone contact me thru whatsapp and saying Hi you want to apply loan , so here i guess i got into the same trick , the money come to my account after i send my documents everything . Its 800 , it was test loan . He say bank cannot approve so much for first user . The money into my bank and i didnt know that . Suddenly he sent a msg to me like a agreement , no (sign from me) it was 320 per week and 5 days payment . So today i transfer the 320 to him . And screenshot prove i made it . He tell me oh u late. U have to pay double 320+320 so now i insist not to pay that another 320 and talked to him . I use these time to search online and i got it here . I made report to the police regarding this . Police said dont pay anymore . And install cctv . But they cant do it . I need to buy myself . And apply permission from town council . So after the police report . I ask him now i owe u 320+320 then finish right , he say what ?? These 320 is only interest u still owe me 1120 in base. I know im in deep **** now , i got a good life and family , i dont want they know about this but i got no choice . Please guide me how to settle this . I worry i dont pay they will come to harrass us . Will they ?
Made police report.

3.Get money and transfer back the money 640 total return him 960 as promised first time . And no more bank in him money so at least he got back his money and wont harrass me ?

Please advice me

Hi , i made a police report earlier on . I faced the same thing and chasing my father now . The police told me not to transfer them anymore . The police officer did told me too that they are just harassing you and making you feel fear .

So i am just gonna follow whatever the police said to me . Block their numbers and ignore them if they ask to transfer If never transfer late fee . Just ignore . Just standby and just call 999.

ABAB001

Reaction score
Made police report.

Please advice me

Yes all 1&2 is correct . You need to tell your family the truth cause if they found out themselves it will be worse. Honesty is the best policy. Don’t transfer them back any more money . Just block them . If they really do anything just call the police . Now you just have to be very thick skin and don’t fear.

Do delete your Social media too :) just in case . For me I get my family to delete their social media for now . That’s because the scammer got their name too .

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Don’t transfer back anymore. It will be considered as illegal transaction. They will continue to harass. You must understand they want to squeeze out more money from you

Made police report.

Please advice me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.