New EC at Sumang Walk

frigatex

Reaction score
If you're really concerned, probably should visit the vicinity and see, or ask someone you know who stays there. Most who commented earlier dont actually stay there.

Braun8

Master Member
Reaction score
Visited the showflat over the weekend, the actual prices will only be released on 25th July. Will wait till I see the actual prices before deciding whether I want to show up for the balloting.

Braun8

Master Member
Reaction score
News this week, condo resale volume dropped 20.5% from previous month, and resale volume crashed 41.8% compared with June 2018. Resale prices have also begun declining due to lower demand. Maybe it's better to focus on looking at resale condos instead.

Also in the news, Singapore economy is close to a recession and there is a big increase in retrenchments this year.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/re...-in-june-break-4-month-uptrend-srx-flash-data

Singapore condo resale prices down 0.4% in June: SRX

Jul 09, 2019

SINGAPORE'S condo resale prices were down 0.4 per cent in June from its May peak, breaking an upward trend that had lasted four months, according to monthly flash figures from real estate portal SRX Property released on Tuesday.

The decline in June follows a 0.4 per cent gain in May.

Prices in the core central region (CCR) saw the biggest decline, down 0.7 per cent, while prices for outside central region areas retreated 0.4 per cent.
Prices in the city fringes, or rest of central region, were unchanged from May.

Volume of sales dropped 20.5 per cent with 666 units resold in June, compared to the 838 units recorded in May. Year on year, the decline was bigger at 41.8 per cent fewer units resold compared with June 2018.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Oh, they queue with general parking and taxi? Lol design issue.
so happen the car park entrance is also near to a U-turn of the opposite road, so the cars queuing outside will block the road and hence cos a jam.. many cars were asked to park at opposite HDB

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
The end is near? :o

-20% incoming like some 'experienced' predicting since 2018 cooling? :o

News this week, condo resale volume dropped 20.5% from previous month, and resale volume crashed 41.8% compared with June 2018. Resale prices have also begun declining due to lower demand. Maybe it's better to focus on looking at resale condos instead.

Also in the news, Singapore economy is close....... ..[/B]

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
If you're really concerned, probably should visit the vicinity and see, or ask someone you know who stays there. Most who commented earlier dont actually stay there.

yup, you are right.. I have been living in Punggol for the past 9yrs + .. there is no issue with the smell, its just tat there are few occasions can smell... even up Tebing Lane that side oso can smell.. not only Sumang..

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Visited the showflat over the weekend, the actual prices will only be released on 25th July. Will wait till I see the actual prices before deciding whether I want to show up for the balloting.

have u submitted your E-Application? I can help you with the E-App.. ;)

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
The end is near? :o

-20% incoming like some 'experienced' predicting since 2018 cooling? :o

Not sure which expert you are referring to but I would think it is -20% off new launches. We have already seen it for certain projects. More to come. Some have lowered prices so quietly that we do not realize it.

Another important note is that we have only been discussing larger more prominent launches, there are many many others we have not been following.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I think that's a good move. Personally I think prices are inflated but many years of experience have taught me not to undermine sentiments.

Something quite unique to Singapore is that people living here tend to complain a lot but when it comes to actually doing something about it, majority still prefer to quietly follow the system.

Like what I've said earlier, most of the money comes from additional help like retirement funds from parents. I hope people learn from the Hyflux saga, if not, prices will just continue north even if our government put in more regulation(s) to curb 'over-spending'.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Wa. You say until like that.

Then Bishan still not a good area because it is near to Sin Ming Guang ming shan also needs to burn a lot of dead bodies.

Ya why no one mention all these?! Cos Bishan ppl Huat so diam diam close one eye. Just follow your gut and go.

runforyourlife

Reaction score

Also in the news, Singapore economy is close to a recession and there is a big increase in retrenchments this year.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/re...-in-june-break-4-month-uptrend-srx-flash-data

Singapore condo resale prices down 0.4% in June: SRX

Jul 09, 2019

SINGAPORE'S condo resale prices were down 0.4 per cent in June from its May peak, breaking an upward trend that had lasted four months, according to monthly flash figures from real estate portal SRX Property released on Tuesday.

The decline in June follows a 0.4 per cent gain in May.

Prices in the core central region (CCR) saw the biggest decline, down 0.7 per cent, while prices for outside central region areas retreated 0.4 per cent.
Prices in the city fringes, or rest of central region, were unchanged from May.

Volume of sales dropped 20.5 per cent with 666 units resold in June, compared to the 838 units recorded in May. Year on year, the decline was bigger at 41.8 per cent fewer units resold compared with June 2018.

Because there are a lot of very old resale ones. This just say volume of sales.

But every sale is sold at 10-20% above their purchase value.

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been following this thread for a bit, thought perhaps I should share my views as someone who has stayed in punggol past 5 yrs. The chemical smell is real, not fear mongering. Thing is it's usually there late evening till early morning (after 9 till 7 or so). Whether you can tolerate it differs person to person, but it's definitely chemical (jurong's is considered mild, stayed in jurong west before this).

The industries from pasir gudang, you can actually see the flames from their furnace or whatever you call it early in the morning, lighting up the sky orange.

That said, punggol property seems more popular than expected these days, given the distance from city centre. Recently MOP and sold units all achieved rather high sale prices (there was even a near million sales of a loft unit).

+1 for being honest about this, my friend who stays there told me the same thing, got weird smell from night time to early morning, but he says it doesn't affect them since he always turn on air-con at night.

I guess the properties there are still hot because there are other good things about the town, air quality is probably not a key factor for most people, maybe cos there is air-con...

Again I applaud your honesty, God bless.

Braun8

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that's a good move. Personally I think prices are inflated but many years of experience have taught me not to undermine sentiments.

Something quite unique to Singapore is that people living here tend to complain a lot but when it comes to actually doing something about it, majority still prefer to quietly follow the system.

Like what I've said earlier, most of the money comes from additional help like retirement funds from parents. I hope people learn from the Hyflux saga, if not, prices will just continue north even if our government put in more regulation(s) to curb 'over-spending'.

ECs are for households with $14K income or less, the prices are now very inflated. I think the govt should do more cooling measures, the property developers prices are getting insane.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.