Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Booomz

Reaction score
Anyone who signed up for Nord? Quite disappointed with their speeds. Down to anywhere between 20-100 mbps using their Singapore servers from 700mbps average without VPN.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone who signed up for Nord? Quite disappointed with their speeds. Down to anywhere between 20-100 mbps using their Singapore servers from 700mbps average without VPN.
100mbps sounds normal to me. your mentioned speeds before and after running VPN were based on wired connection? and you are using the desktop client application?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

kw442

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Similar speed as me but I am using Surfshark.

However, I don't usually connect to SG servers as other Asian servers are faster (weird right since we are in SG :s11:).

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The speed is considered not bad liao, can still stream netflix at FHD.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was interested in nordvpn cos of Netflix JPN support

SxHkp07l.png

Until I saw this.. Not supported on android tv.. :(
IOTXTQ0l.png

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using Surfshark on my Nvidia Shield, which is Android TV, Surfshark will be a better bet.

SxHkp07l.png

IOTXTQ0l.png

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SxHkp07l.png

IOTXTQ0l.png

I'm using Surfshark on my Nvidia Shield, which is Android TV, Surfshark will be a better bet.
windscribe works as well if you intend to watch Netflix JP on Android TV..

Booomz

Reaction score
100mbps sounds normal to me. your mentioned speeds before and after running VPN were based on wired connection? and you are using the desktop client application?

Yup wired both ways. I’ve managed to hit 250 with one server in Sg. Also going through OpenVPN seems to be abit faster and stable.

Booomz

Reaction score
Similar speed as me but I am using Surfshark.

However, I don't usually connect to SG servers as other Asian servers are faster (weird right since we are in SG :s11:).

Maybe I should try other Asian servers lol. I got fed up and decided to try SurfShark as well. Even worse for me. 10-40 mbps and unstable.

Refunded and decided to keep Nord.

Only issue now is their SmartDNS is incredibly slow. Intended to use for Netflix on ps3 but getting about 7mpbs up and 1mbs down at best.

Unfortunately didn’t get to try SurfSharks SmartDNS as it’s locked to single IP and a bit leychey to set up.

If you want pure speeds try their socks protocol. I got 300+ mbps but it doesn’t work for every app and lower encryption.

auzzuro

Reaction score
Hi just got a LG tv want to access some app with it ... so how to connect nordvpn with it ? For Hp just dl an App than can access than for tv how ? Does nordvpn can access China app as well or only USA only

Last edited:

Booomz

Reaction score
Hi just got a LG tv want to access some app with it ... so how to connect nordvpn with it ? For Hp just dl an App than can access than for tv how ? Does nordvpn can access China app as well or only USA only

You either set up VPN on your router or use their smart DNS which isn’t working with Netflix currently.

Or use a shared internet connection between your pc and the tv.

spencert

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I need a recommendation for a VPN for these purposes, preferably with discount code:

1. Going to China for 40 days - need to use whatsapp and google
2. Geo block for chinese VOD apps in SG
3. Torrent downloads in SG

Is there one app that can do all efficiently? Got recommended PureVPN but reviews not that great. Any other suggestions?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.