Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
I ever messaged the Anti Singapore Loansharks too. They gave me their Malaysian number, followed by abundance of reviews from their customers - being thankful. They mentioned to me that after contacting them, I'll have to deactivate my social media account as there's a high chance that the loansharks might post about me, etcs. But what's weird is, after contacting them - only then the loansharks sent Facebook messages to my friends ; exposing my details, etcs.

WHAT???? That is messed up man.

olaitshawaii

Reaction score
My intial feeling was somehow they are also involed with LS activities.... Just see their fb comments... Why the admin dont remove those....

Yeah, I thought the same way too. They even said, you must atleast borrow from 5 "stalls" and they'll give you the total amount that you've to pay for them to settle all those 5 "stalls". However, if you loan below 5, you can still engage them as long as you pay the amount of 5 "stalls". Funny right.

polarinda

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the same way too. They even said, you must atleast borrow from 5 "stalls" and they'll give you the total amount that you've to pay for them to settle all those 5 "stalls". However, if you loan below 5, you can still engage them as long as you pay the amount of 5 "stalls". Funny right.
Dont f care them la. Let the runners come. Install cctv. Once caught their asses will tear. Dont be afraid of criminals.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
They are not helping. They allowed unlicensed moneylenders to post on it. So don’t trust them. The only way is to trust ownself and don’t pay them. Fight own fears and don’t give in to those threats will do

I ever messaged the Anti Singapore Loansharks too. They gave me their Malaysian number, followed by abundance of reviews from their customers - being thankful. They mentioned to me that after contacting them, I'll have to deactivate my social media account as there's a high chance that the loansharks might post about me, etcs. But what's weird is, after contacting them - only then the loansharks sent Facebook messages to my friends ; exposing my details, etcs.

boyseakingforhelp

Reaction score
Im new and would like to share my side of story.

I technically went through the entire thread both part 1 and 2. I was scammed into UML over a WhatsApp blast msg.
I know I was stupid to send them all my details. not no Singpass or any ATM card or Account.
Technically at this point of time after 3 weeks of struggling. I don't owe them anything anymore but they are forcing me to take up a small loan one after another. they will always come up with 101 reasons and threaten me with everything and everything.

The thing I had done as of 05 Aug
1. I close my bank account already.
2. I block all of them on WhatsApp.
3. install CCTV at my door front.
4. block that contacts on my NOK phone.
5. Deactivate all my social medial(fb, insta linkin and etc.) Technically google cannot find anything about me.

today consider the first day of mia. Please let me know if you have any advise. or any one of you is sharing the same experience.

i will try to update daily.

Last edited:

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
You need to warn your NOK that sometimes they would use other numbers to call. Just tell them wrong number will do. As for your workplace, tell them you’ve been scammed.

I technically went through the entire thread both part 1 and 2. I was scammed into UML over a WhatsApp blast msg.
I know I was stupid to send them all my details. not no Singpass or any ATM card or Account.
Technically at this point of time after 3 weeks of struggling. I don't owe them anything anymore but they are forcing me to take up a small loan one after another. they will always come up with 101 reasons and threaten me with everything and everything.

The thing I had done as of 05 Aug
1. I close my bank account already.
2. I block all of them on WhatsApp.
3. install CCTV at my door front.
4. block that contacts on my NOK phone.
5. Deactivate all my social medial(fb, insta linkin and etc.) Technically google cannot find anything about me.

today consider the first day of mia. Please let me know if you have any advise. or any one of you is sharing the same experience.

i will try to update daily.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
The moment you stopped paying them is already getting your life back. They will still try and harass or threaten. But it’s only through WhatsApp or letters. You just heck care them will do

yeah i will. just hope that everything is smooth. i just want my life back.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Mine few years ago already. From a few thousand and they can add interest until rolled to 30k over. I never even borrow that much and paid until I couldn’t pay anymore. So I stopped. House was splashed and neighbours received letters. But they understand my case because my late wife got cancer and I was working 3 jobs. They even offered to stay vigilant at that time if they see any suspicious character.

You should make a police report so they can send more patrol to your area. CCTV would be the best.

I used to worry that they would hurt my children or scared I lose face. Then I realised I was more afraid that my children go hungry. So that was when I stopped paying them and they threatened. I just be more fierce than them and asked them come. Like they send one, I will beat one.

Thank you for you kind words. May I ask your side of story.

boyseakingforhelp

Reaction score
Mine few years ago already. From a few thousand and they can add interest until rolled to 30k over. I never even borrow that much and paid until I couldn’t pay anymore. So I stopped. House was splashed and neighbours received letters. But they understand my case because my late wife got cancer and I was working 3 jobs. They even offered to stay vigilant at that time if they see any suspicious character.

You should make a police report so they can send more patrol to your area. CCTV would be the best.

I used to worry that they would hurt my children or scared I lose face. Then I realised I was more afraid that my children go hungry. So that was when I stopped paying them and they threatened. I just be more fierce than them and asked them come. Like they send one, I will beat one.

Mine not even in the thousands. And I have already cleared what they forced loan me. I really pray hard they just let it go. Since I’m no longer contactable. I know I have to stand strong and brave up. This forum really is a outlet for me to feel that I’m not the only one. And we are a community.

boyseakingforhelp

Reaction score
Hi all. My next question is. Are they real LS/ULM or are they loan scammers? I received a Whatsapp blast message. Not Carousell. Everything was communicated through WhatsApp. And for those experiences ppl in this forum. Can you tell me the difference between them?

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Anything is possible bro. They are all one synidicate I think. If you borrow from one, then a lot will start to send you texts. To them, you are good leg then they will usually tell their partners to contact you.

Hi all. My next question is. Are they real LS/ULM or are they loan scammers? I received a Whatsapp blast message. Not Carousell. Everything was communicated through WhatsApp. And for those experiences ppl in this forum. Can you tell me the difference between them?

Koojime

Reaction score
Ls

I just make a police report today against them as they try to threaten me etc. And even show me video of them burning house. But the video can be found online. And also they send my address to another guy asking him to print 300 flyers and distribute around my area. You all think they will really do it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.