Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miroku90

Master Member
Reaction score
Great result and decent performance. 2rd half was sloppy and we played in 2rd gear. Norwich is really poor though, need to do better against chelsea.

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We are doomed. Alisson injured.

Ok. Seriously, Norwich put up a good fight but we still blasted them away. The early own goal helps. Seems like origi is continuing his form+luck from last season. Adrian looks quite zai, at least definitely better than mignolet. But the earlier Alisson can be back the better of course. Norwich is gonna be exciting to watch they never made it easy for us even after 4 goals down hope they do well.

This is how our team look when we kick into gear after all the listless friendlies . But to be honest theres 1 or maybe 2 more gears up we can go. Next up super cup, let's bring home our first silverware for this season.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First game of the season, I don't expect the team to be in first gear. So long can pick up the wind is still fine.

Injury to Becker and no clean sheet are disappointing.

5ex5en5e5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First game of the season, I don't expect the team to be in first gear. So long can pick up the wind is still fine.

Injury to Becker and no clean sheet are disappointing.

There was a time Alisson passed the ball from the back to Pukki! I think he needs some resting time Alisson, to recover from Copa America duty.

econsmagic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Worst case ali out for 3 months... hope adrian can come in do a good job

Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT

sKeLeToN

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Worst case ali out for 3 months... hope adrian can come in do a good job

I never noticed Adrian back in West Ham days as their no. 1, but was he a decent keeper for them?

I’d like to think that since he had been in EPL for the last 5 years, he should have no issues with language, or pace of the game...only thing is the adapt to Klopp style of play....

Hope VvD and Gomez step up so that he have relatively quiet games....

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lucky the next few games not that difficult. most difficult is sep 22 against chelsea away. alisson should be back by then.

tough luck for mig. but we all know he wont be the number 1 when alisson recovers. better than give him false hope better to let him give up.

hardtounderstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think this season the same defence look less assured. Good thing Norwich finishing were poor.
Hope we can improve defensively, especially if Allison is out.
I don't know if we deliberately slow down as the match went, but that allow Norwich to create trouble for us. Hope we can be even more lethal in front of goal. A goal or two in the second would have taken the fight out of Norwich, instead we allow them to score.

econsmagic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We will see how adrian cope in supercup game

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2ddL4bo.jpg

we have the harder fixtures from may onwards. need play arsenal and chelsea. but man city going to have a crazy late feb to early apr. unfortunately we are playing away against them in the latter half of the season.

hope we can be in the race during this period. wont mind if we were leading tho :o

Grandturismo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Watched the highlights, hope Alisson's injury is not serious. Our defence need some time to settle down when we gave Norwich some decent chances

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I only seen Adrian in this 1 match
Previously, unknown to me

Verdict: not great not terrible, not far from Migs at all. So it's OK, good gk.

Lets see another few more matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.