Xiaomi Android TV Box discussion II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

Will connecting via ethernet, drastically improves the lag and delays of the Youtube stream?
no...........................

I'm using wifi and don't experience any lag or delay with YouTube

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

dricas_007

Reaction score
I am using wifi and stream Netflix and youtube in 4k no lag. If really lag, try to reboot your mibox s:)

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using wifi and stream Netflix and youtube in 4k no lag. If really lag, try to reboot your mibox s:)

netflix 4k, youtube 4k need only 25-30Mbps.

mibox's wifi can do so much more, I can get more than 200Mbps on wifi.

wheewz

Reaction score
Hi all I tried to cast video from starhub go on mibox but there's a playback stream error

'this video isn't encoded for your device'

Reload your screen or try selecting a different video

Anyone can advise me further please?

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

tmster

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked before. Can anyone with Mibox S confirm if Singtel Cast can be install on the box itself and works well without the need to chromecast from phone or tablet? Thanx in advance.

Woshileeroy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked before. Can anyone with Mibox S confirm if Singtel Cast can be install on the box itself and works well without the need to chromecast from phone or tablet? Thanx in advance.

I tried yesterday, download on mibox s, linked my account from phone and used it on the box without Chromecast. For me there was some visible stuttering when watching football and the resolution is not as i expected, not sure if it's the same for all users tho. Could be my tv.
:s13:

Posted from PCWX using 水野朝阳

tmster

Master Member
Reaction score
I tried yesterday, download on mibox s, linked my account from phone and used it on the box without Chromecast. For me there was some visible stuttering when watching football and the resolution is not as i expected, not sure if it's the same for all users tho. Could be my tv.
:s13:

Posted from PCWX using 水野朝阳

Thanks for the helpful info.

I have actually tried Singtel Cast on 2 older laptops with weak graphic chips and i observed the same jittery motion that you mentioned. Surprisely it worked on Fire TV 4k amazon silk browser using cast.singtel.com website, and the live feeds were perfect with no lag or jittery. Perhaps the android box is the culprit and not your tv set.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful info.

I have actually tried Singtel Cast on 2 older laptops with weak graphic chips and i observed the same jittery motion that you mentioned. Surprisely it worked on Fire TV 4k amazon silk browser using cast.singtel.com website, and the live feeds were perfect with no lag or jittery. Perhaps the android box is the culprit and not your tv set.

it is the app that causes the problem.

ask singtel for refund :s22:

tmster

Master Member
Reaction score
it is the app that causes the problem.

ask singtel for refund :s22:

Jittery was observed on 2 older laptops, but runs fine on my desktop which has a significant more advanced graphics card and on Fire TV.

So you might be correct, it could be down to the app itself. Ehhh..... how to ask for refund when it is the free for all weekend preview?

ericsoon72

Reaction score
Have a problem with Toggle SG app on my MiTV 4S and Mi Box S.

Tried installing the app on both TV and Mi Box S. Able to see the purple Toggle words during startup, but screen turns black after that.

Tried to cast Toggle from my Android phone to the TV /Mi Box S. Can play on phone but TV screen can't see anything.

During installation, there is a warning saying the app needs to have Google Play services in order to work.

Am I missing something?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have a problem with Toggle SG app on my MiTV 4S and Mi Box S.

Tried installing the app on both TV and Mi Box S. Able to see the purple Toggle words during startup, but screen turns black after that.

Tried to cast Toggle from my Android phone to the TV /Mi Box S. Can play on phone but TV screen can't see anything.

During installation, there is a warning saying the app needs to have Google Play services in order to work.

Am I missing something?

q1: how did you cast toggle to mitv?
q2: how did you cast toggle to mibox s?

miltrader

Reaction score
Just bought this Mibox S at qoo10 after using $12 coupon. After discount it's $70+. Hope it's a good box.
https://qoo.tn/BsaqZT/Q110484020
The $12 coupon is limited today to 10k users. Tried to grab this coupon yesterday night but was all taken. Do grab early for those who are waiting for a good price.
btw the box I purchased from CN seller haven't reached yet lol :yawn:. Just saw this $69 mibox s from local seller, better deal but comes with shorter warranty period:
https://qoo.tn/BqrXpT/Q110484020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.