Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

knightcover

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you got ask in the JFC telegram group, and have received several answers also :)
Including the breakdown of costs until you have like 100 bucks left per month.

If that's the case, think really hard whether you really want to own a car.

Now that I see a better picture, a few questions-
1) Does this current job require you to own a car?

2) If not, take public transport as much as possible and rent when you need (small CAT A cars can get as low as $35 per weekday). Maybe this is something you can consider?
If you cannot find let me know.

3) If really need to travel from 1 end of the island to another frequently and/or go down to customers' site, then maybe can look at long term lease? Can often bargain with rental companies to get a good deal.

4) Can you guarantee you will keep this same sudden job arrangment/position/role for the next 5 years? If not, that $500 allowance goes bye bye, and you will be stuck with the full costs of the car until you sell.

5) Doing PHV to cover expenses for the car means you are putting in your own time and money for the company.
I rephrase in another way - you are paying money to your company to work for them. At a time where you cannot afford a car yourself and have to get loans at ridiculous rates.
Is this company/job worth it? (Serious question, coz sometimes there are other factors that can make it fulfilling)

Money problems is going to strain your relationship with your spouse and family.

Plus, you basically will have 0 savings for the next 5 years. As a comparison, go work downstairs kopitiam collect dirty plates part time also can save more money every month. (Almost every stall will have unsold food they can spare for your lunch/dinner, and you can even tabao home for family).

I know got car can be very satki, shiok and have freedom. But when you have to start sacrificing family time after work to get an additional job just to get a car, sacrifice sleep, risk your life in sleep deprived accidents and still end up 5 years later with 0 savings, you will think back to this decision.
bumps for good advice.

latkasd

Reaction score
Hello all senior here.

I just bought a Jazz and noticed some wind noise when travelling on express way. I'm not sure but it sounded like it is coming from the front/windscreen. Is that normal and any way to eliminate that?

Thanks.

converse2010

Reaction score
Hello all senior here.

I just bought a Jazz and noticed some wind noise when travelling on express way. I'm not sure but it sounded like it is coming from the front/windscreen. Is that normal and any way to eliminate that?

Thanks.
I think this is subjective. To be honest, Fit Jazz is bread and butter car, so might want to lower your expectation of wind/road noise.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I already find 2.78% interest quite ridiculous liao. Don't understand why people can accept 4.5% interest.

Don't sell ur life for a car. It's not worth it at the end of the day. Because driving in singapore can be very stressful at times.

Yes. Car gives u the convenience, however if u don't have enuff cash on hand to sustain, car can give u more problems than giving u more convenience.

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

bh10101

Reaction score
Hello all senior here.
I just bought a Jazz and noticed some wind noise when travelling on express way. I'm not sure but it sounded like it is coming from the front/windscreen. Is that normal and any way to eliminate that? Thanks.

what is the speed you was traveling at?
*dont ******** about traveling at road limits. :s13:

bh10101

Reaction score
I think this is subjective. To be honest, Fit Jazz is bread and butter car, so might want to lower your expectation of wind/road noise.

doesnt matter whether is BnB cars, performance cars, luxury cars, or no brainier cars, the issue here is suspected wind noise is coming from windscreen.
could there be a possible windscreen is not fitted properly? :s12:

I just bought a Jazz and noticed some wind noise when travelling on express way. I'm not sure but it sounded like it is coming from the front/windscreen.

Orphan

Reaction score
Car loan interest rate also have to see timing. Right now, DBS is 1.99% until end of August. They also offered this same rate last year.

2018 end lagi tok-kong, Maybank got Jan 2019 car show promotion 1.98%, but my PI managed to get for me before the car show.

I guess their loan dept don't mind starting these offers earlier because they also want to chiong during december in order to make their targets.

bh10101

Reaction score
Car loan interest rate also have to see timing. Right now, DBS is 1.99% until end of August. They also offered this same rate last year.

2018 end lagi tok-kong, Maybank got Jan 2019 car show promotion 1.98%, but my PI managed to get for me before the car show.

I guess their loan dept don't mind starting these offers earlier because they also want to chiong during december in order to make their targets.

you luckily loh.. got 1.98%
me got 2.18%.. wah lao! :s22:

bh10101

Reaction score
2.18% also very good mah. It's DBS and Maybank spoil market. Maybank non-promo rate is 3.25%, so I never thought they will be so aggressive.

yalah.. commit to 2.18% just one week before the 1.99% start :vijayadmin:

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score
Mine was 2.18% IIRC a few year back
Borneo is having 2.88%

converse2010

Reaction score
doesnt matter whether is BnB cars, performance cars, luxury cars, or no brainier cars, the issue here is suspected wind noise is coming from windscreen.
could there be a possible windscreen is not fitted properly? :s12:
LoL, if windscreen not fitted properly, I would expect it to crack or ask why got water leak instead of... wind noise. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.