Treasure at Tampines

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Face it... The market really kanna hamtam so badly by CM. The first major hammer is TDSR, after that the market really had to adjust. Basically adjust to smaller quantum, lol.

Now with LTV adjusted I think people will take some time to get more ammo

I feel that the LTV and the TDSR is good in a sense it prevents people from over leveraging, this will mean those who had bought have sufficiently strong holding power.

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel that the LTV and the TDSR is good in a sense it prevents people from over leveraging, this will mean those who had bought have sufficiently strong holding power.

I don't disagree that it is good but it really did hammer down the market.

However, yes the market will be better equip to survive any downturn because the LTV paid up can help to tank any kind of margin call

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, on the night of CM, I cried the whole night during my night shift.

Like overnight, my dream to own a property crash due to the extra 5% LTV.
Been saving for 7 years and within a night, everything change just like that.

Still remember I visited Stirling in the afternoon before the CM announcement.

Took me less than 4 months to reload more ammo plus lowering my Budget to be able to afford a shoebox resale. Phewwwwwww.

On a bright side, every month I’m servicing my mortgage via CPF OA. No cash TOP up needed. Cash can save for rainy days.

Face it... The market really kanna hamtam so badly by CM. The first major hammer is TDSR, after that the market really had to adjust. Basically adjust to smaller quantum, lol.

Now with LTV adjusted I think people will take some time to get more ammo

Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, on the night of CM, I cried the whole night during my night shift.

Like overnight, my dream to own a property crash due to the extra 5% LTV.
Been saving for 7 years and within a night, everything change just like that.

Still remember I visited Stirling in the afternoon before the CM announcement.

Took me less than 4 months to reload more ammo plus lowering my Budget to be able to afford a shoebox resale. Phewwwwwww.

On a bright side, every month I’m servicing my mortgage via CPF OA. No cash TOP up needed. Cash can save for rainy days.

The CM helps that one won’t over leverage. Except for the ABSD increase, I think the other LTV increase helps. So only buyers opting for second property would regret not taking action earlier.

On another side, I thought stirling was a good project to go ahead with. Where did you buy your resale if comfortable to share?

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stirling was great but a lil bit over my Budget. With 20% my Budget was 750k. Don’t wanna over leverage myself .

The CM helps that one won’t over leverage. Except for the ABSD increase, I think the other LTV increase helps. So only buyers opting for second property would regret not taking action earlier.

On another side, I thought stirling was a good project to go ahead with.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:eek: :eek:
At least you are on board now.
Others who missed the boat are still trying hard to
hammer down the market here. Lol.

The shrewd investors look beyond the forum.

Those who bought their second or third property the night before CM at ideal places are the ones who benefitted most, in my opinion.

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:eek: :eek:
At least you are on board now.
Others who missed the boat are still trying hard to
hammer down the market here. Lol.

Remains to be seen whether catching that boat is a good or bad thing.

Property is one of those things in Singapore where is very hard to predict. Anyone who says or think they can is simply FOS. Because locally the govt plays a very very big role and it's clear that they think the market is too hot.

But if the next round of monetary easing comes, who knows what will happen ;)

Already some Scandinavian countries offering negative interest loans, bank stocks dipping and looking to charge depositors money. There could be another round of people looking for better store of money.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually bro, the main reason for resale is SPACE.

only older projects can give me the space i need.

i stayed in a mickey mouse 2 bedder at telok kurau. trust me, it is suffocating.

with kids around, its better to let them have space to run/play around in the house.

Space is the main reason for me to change to a bigger house.

new house of my size and want freehold/999, i cannot afford.

even in changi like parc komo confirm cannot afford.

PARC KOMO UPPER CHANGI ROAD NORTH Apartment 17 OCR Freehold New Sale 1 2,001,000 - 1,421 Strata 01 to 05 1,408 Aug-19

and i am pretty sure 1421squarefeet in parc komo, in my opinion will have smaller living space (in terms of bedroom size, living room size, kitchen size, toilet size) than my current resale house.

thats why only resale old house is affordable and acceptable to me lor.

I was discussing with Bro NiShi that a good indicator of when to buy is to imagine a crystal ball and asking if 1,2,3 years down the line would the response be...’lucky I bought’ or ‘what a xxxx decision to buy’

In your case, after 1 year, you still found it was a reasonably good decision to buy in 2018, so good for you. Now that more than half the year 2019 has passed, I can say that 2016 and 2017 were very, very good years to buy as prices shot up in 2018. There were some good buys in 2018 but not all. For example, IMHO, if I had bought TV, I would be kicking myself as there were better buys subsequently. Also early bird buyers of some new launches would be shouting xxxfxx as the Developers reduced prices by 5 to 10% after the initial launches.

Let’s see in two years time if one sees 2019 as a good year to buy.

Last edited:

captain huat

Master Member
Reaction score
I was discussing with Bro NiShi that a good indicator of when to buy is to imagine a crystal ball and asking if 1,2,3 years down the line would the response be...’lucky I bought’ or ‘what a xxxx decision to buy’

In your case, after 1 year, you still found it was a reasonably good decision to buy in 2018, so good for you. Now that more than half the year 2019 has passed, I can say that 2016 and 2017 were very, very good years to buy as prices shot up in 2018. There were some good buys in 2018 but not all. For example, IMHO, if I had bought TW, I would be kicking myself as there were better buys subsequently.

Let’s see in two years time if 2019 turns out to be a good year to buy.

Actually technically i was not buying. I was just rolling. I not sure if its a correct term.

I sold then buy within 2months.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

In your case, after 1 year, you still found it was a reasonably good decision to buy in 2018, so good for you. Now that more than half the year 2019 has passed, I can say that 2016 and 2017 were very, very good years to buy as prices shot up in 2018. There were some good buys in 2018 but not all. For example, IMHO, if I had bought TW, I would be kicking myself as there were better buys subsequently. Also early bird buyers of some new launches would be shouting xxxfxx as the Developers reduced prices by 5 to 10% after the initial launches.

Let’s see in two years time if one sees 2019 as a good year to buy.

I always felt having a sound enter and exit plan is essential.
My frens were surprise why I put up my previous home urgently for sales in 2017. My reason is simple, when I saw a number of cases of successful enbloc at Eunos Ville, Tampines court and high land bid price at other districts, my hunch tells me that if I miss this round, I will never sell at the price I have been waiting for anymore, probably the next wait will be another cycle.

No crystal ball to decide whether buying now is a good or bad thing but my gut feel tells me that unless u really chance upon a project u really like with the price you really can digest, else frankly, there’s no hurry.

Haha bro, u also waiting anxiously to fire your last bullet at the right time?

2 cents

Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always felt having a sound enter and exit plan is essential.
My frens were surprise why I put up my previous home urgently for sales in 2017. My reason is simple, when I saw a number of cases of successful enbloc at Eunos Ville, Tampines court and high land bid price at other districts, my hunch tells me that if I miss this round, I will never sell at the price I have been waiting for anymore, probably the next wait will be another cycle.

No crystal ball to decide whether buying now is a good or bad thing but my gut feel tells me that unless u really chance upon a project u really like with the price you really can digest, else frankly, there’s no hurry.

Haha bro, u also waiting anxiously to fire your last bullet at the right time?

2 cents

Bro, Totally agree. Glad you caught the 16/17 cycle.
2018 was tricky, unless you found a hidden gem.
2019, too early to comment.
No hurry as I already have a roof, so time is on my side.

m-ghost

Reaction score
Hi all,

For those who were successful at balloting, was there further 1-2% discount?

Thank you all

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
agree. haha.

digress a little.
quite sian that 2nd hand owners are refusing to nego down asking.

Most of us with a roof already would just look elsewhere as these units (2nd hand owners are refusing to nego down asking) do not qualify as hidden gems to us.

Since this is a treasure thread, it is good to compare treasure with another new launch Parc Clementis both ocr. And near the east and west business nodes respectively.

Treasure, 2,200 plus units, ONE tennis court, 1,700 carparking lots.
Clementis, 1,450 units, two tennis courts, 1,450 plus parking lots.

What do you think of the facilities per unit comparison?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.