Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr3yham3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i mention he don't have the final product, didn't i?

the runs are useful, and yes it is a package deal, he don't make good of the possession after all those runs that's why to us he is shiat. but to the manager, they are picking him in hopes he make good of his runs.

and do they have a choice? the need is glaring but we decided for some reason not to buy anyone. so suck it up and use Lingard lor

more like the board and Ed decided not to meet Eriksen's demands, or pay for Dybala's image rights, or shell out the 70m or so for Bruno. I am sure Ole wanted one of those players badly, but the board failed to back him up. 70m net spend is nothing compared to the overall scheme of rebuilding we were supposed to have this summer.

I rather play Gomes or Mata then - at least they can look after the ball better and does more with it than Lingard. With the amount of playing time he has had, together with the amount of times passes find him, he has done next to nothing in terms of attacking contributions.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is the important bit - there simply is no one upfront who is both intelligent with his use of the ball and his movement off the ball as well.. there is a reason why Pogba overdoes things to our frustration and that is because there simply is too much for him to do in the game.

Not surprising that our other main targets over the summer were dybala, eriksen and Bruno, who were all best at no.10, rather than a DM that some others were asking for. We need more creativity and goal threat in that final 3rd rather than headless running around. What is surprising, or even shocking, is that we did not get any of those 3 players, the blame i feel lies solely on the board and Ed Woodward.

Keep Lingard around when we are playing tough games and want to press high and disrupt opponents flow. Playing him for most of the other games where opponents sit back is just wasted.

For all the talk about AM9 and MR10, they are the kind of players who works better with ball to feet. Trying to beat 4men at a go even though quite impossible. AG7 is like an upgraded version of Mata (Younger and faster) much like Dybala too. Smart and movement off the ball to create space for himself or drag opposition out of position for other teammates to move into.

Pogba is honestly carrying the whole team for the past 2-3 seasons. You can see other players playing safe, doing all the sideways pass. But Pogba will take the ball and do all the through pass/ Hollywood style but honestly, most times it will end on opposition players cause it’s risky pass to unlock defence. So blame who? Definitely not Pogba, blame the board for not backing Ole up.

Much has been talked about Pogba leaving but he didn’t force his way out. Look at Neymar, AG7 and even the Arsenil captain that left. All don’t turn up for training, refuse to get on plane etc. Pogba shows up and gets on doing his business.

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
Something must be happening in the dressing room.
Can see that the players got no hunger, desire and passion to win the match.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i mention he don't have the final product, didn't i?

the runs are useful, and yes it is a package deal, he don't make good of the possession after all those runs that's why to us he is shiat. but to the manager, they are picking him in hopes he make good of his runs.

and do they have a choice? the need is glaring but we decided for some reason not to buy the CM position. so suck it up and use Lingard lor

Ole does have a choice. Have the balls to drop his godson and play someone like Gomes or Mata or AP15. AP15 plays with fire. Go in tackles not half fuked and he keeps running. The decision to drop him after the Chelsea game is ????

People say Gomes/Greenwood/ Chong too young, no experience etc. BUT look at Rashy when he came in guns blazing. He was 18 too. Nobody said Rashy was too young?

So Ole has a choice, he is being dealt a bad hand, but he got to play his cards to the best of his abilities.

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
more like the board and Ed decided not to meet Eriksen's demands, or pay for Dybala's image rights, or shell out the 70m or so for Bruno. I am sure Ole wanted one of those players badly, but the board failed to back him up. 70m net spend is nothing compared to the overall scheme of rebuilding we were supposed to have this summer.

I rather play Gomes or Mata then - at least they can look after the ball better and does more with it than Lingard. With the amount of playing time he has had, together with the amount of times passes find him, he has done next to nothing in terms of attacking contributions.
Mata has passed his peak, me admit ;)

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the new players got a bit of hunger in them. how long will that last..?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Something must be happening in the dressing room.
Can see that the players got no hunger, desire and passion to win the match.

Play like f still get paid 200k/wk.. why bother.. millennial mentality now..

RuMmYtUb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe time to cash in on DDG and give Romero a chance whilst preparing for next number 1.

Gr3yham3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mata has passed his peak, me admit ;)

past his peak but his ability on the ball is still better than Lingard's. SAF used to say "horses for courses" - against deep lying teams who don't give you much space in and around their box, then someone like Mata is better. Against an offensive team where you want press high and counter quickly, then Lingard is a better choice (not that he is a good choice, mind, just better at it than Mata).

Someone here mentioned AP15 - ya i rather play him than Lingard too. at least he can deliver a good cross or shot, and has already more assists this year than Lingard.

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Utd's players are paid too much; they have the highest salaries in the EPL

Players joined the right company :) looks at Rashy lol. 200,000 quid per week. Not proven lol our boss so desperate to keep our future super star lol.

Pogba super pass. I think Shaw also can do that once in awhile, so what so special?

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
**** him he got the cheek to ask for massive wages after his awful blunders he can **** off

Why not? Out of all the 11players i think only DDG has been the one performing and proving his worth. The rest of the rubbish getting such high pay! Of course the DDG will demand for it as well.

astrayharry

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now the worries is the lack
Of dept in midfield and rumors has it Fred is also going... 😮

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not? Out of all the 11players i think only DDG has been the one performing and proving his worth. The rest of the rubbish getting such high pay! Of course the DDG will demand for it as well.

That’s is in the past the back end of the season he made some costly blunders he did it again last week against palace damm pissed off with him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.