Xiaomi Android TV Box discussion II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuatKway

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I assume 2.4ghz is enough to stream normal movies up till HD ?

woodlander

Reaction score
Just bought the Mi Box S, managed to watch my TVB anywhere. �� anyone know which apps I can watch China drama?

miltrader

Reaction score
So meaning I get a mibox inside the store I can do a VPN app right if so I gg get it ... the only problem I face is only the VPN stuff
If you're referring to mibox s, just have to install the vpn app that you want from google play store just like any other app.
I'm not an expert on vpn apps though.

miltrader

Reaction score
I’m not sure what apps are there but are there any on the Mi Box S that have these programmes?
Mibox S tv box is like a new android phone without additional apps.
You have to install whatever apps you want from the google play store.
Many apps aren't available on the TV version of the play store, so you have to do some research how to get those apps.
eg. for Viu, you can download the Viu app on your mobile phone, then cast the video onto the TV using the mibox S chromecast feature.
If you're more adventurous, you can sideload apps onto mibox S (can be a little technical).

arctic_silver

Reaction score
My mi box 3 just went kaput. I'm thinking of switching to fire stick 4k (my mi box was always lagging and just not up to par when playing 4k videos) or should I get a mi box s instead

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
My mi box 3 just went kaput. I'm thinking of switching to fire stick 4k (my mi box was always lagging and just not up to par when playing 4k videos) or should I get a mi box s instead

Sorry, don’t mind me asking- how long you used it for? What happened?

arctic_silver

Reaction score
Sorry, don’t mind me asking- how long you used it for? What happened?

I think I had it for almost 2 years and I normally use it for YouTube, Netflix and some other streaming services. I'm not sure what happened but it seems like it just died

Last edited:

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
I think I had it for almost 2 years and I normally use it for YouTube, Netflix and some other streaming services. I'm not sure what happened but it seems like it just died

I see, I just ordered my mi box 3 last week. Hopefully it will last two years like your box. Fingers crossed.

Andy0601a

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone facing the same issue?

can't seem to get my Mibox s to get Netflix to show 4K Ultra HD icon? or in some cases even tho it only displays HD but actually streaming 4K content?

netflix-4k-contents.jpg

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
My Mi Box just arrived in the mail. Finished setting up, and now I would like to sideload a few apps to watch my stuff. Any advice how? Sorry I’ve been a Apple user my entire life, so I’m not familiar with it. I understand I need a computer to download the programme files onto a thumb drive and then plug it into my Mi Box. But I read online ES file explorer has been removed- any other app/way I can install third party apps?

Any and all recommendation would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.