Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

feigningfancy

Master Member
Reaction score
Back when I took up M1 sim only there were quite abit of complains on Singtel sim only. Even my friend working there told me to hold first. I guess things gets better over time

You are better off staying with SingTel for the SIM only plan.

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 network is damn chui now especially when taking NEL... They totally heck care their infra after kena bought over
bought over by who?

sian sia the 4G really horrible. even inside toilet of some shopping mall i can't get connection.
i signed a one yr contract in May when they were giving extra 800min call time for port over. $20/mth.
siao liao Zzzzz.

adrianch

Reaction score
You can recontract to other combo plan but not sim only. Combo plan is like installment payment to your phone subsidy hence you need to finish 24 month before you change to sim only.

I'm currently on Singtel SIM-only 12-months contract, ending next month. I tried to recontract last week, staying on SIM-only plan.

squarepipe

Reaction score
but there are ppl who are stuck on contract plans mah... they need to wait until their 24mths finish then can sign no contract plans...

regards,
wacky

My point is they should learn their lesson and stay far away from phone contracts

Synchroniza

Reaction score
Just port over to m1 sim only.

They told me free 6months caller Id since port over. If not is 3months for new line. Now on the bill say my free caller Id ends in 3months :mad: must call them liao...

Ya m1 signal is bad... Lucky still have my tpg to use when no signal lol

Posted from PCWX using BLA-L29

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just go for the 12 months Singtel SIM only if you are concerned about network speed and signal.

If you have used the same number for the last many years, waiting another 12 months is easy.

PeachGal

Reaction score
你的 is 24 months combo contract, 需要 wait after 24 个月后 then 可以 change to Sim-only plan

I just 打给 Singtel, he 告诉 me I 可以extend 多 12 个月 once 我 at 第11 month, 可是 if I 要 to downgrade 我的 Sim-only,只可以 wait for 12 个月后, 还有 I can 换 to combo plan at 的 第10 个月 mark。

真的假的?

Yup. You upgrade no need wait, but downgrade need fulfillment of full contract term period.

Last edited:

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
Just go for the 12 months Singtel SIM only if you are concerned about network speed and signal.

If you have used the same number for the last many years, waiting another 12 months is easy.
Agree, that is why I took the plunge. Only worry should there be better offers when my 12 month contract ending. Cos base plan only 3GB.

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

xfactor

Banned
Reaction score
My Singtel SIM-only contract (7 GB, 150 mins, 500 SMS) is expiring in mid Oct 2019, but I did not receive this SMS. Can I recontract now to this plan or need to wait until current contract expired then can recontract? :s11:

Singtel: Dear Customer, we have received your online request to sign up for a service. We regret to inform that your account is not due for re-contract Sim only plan for 9xxxxxx. Please contact 1688 for more information/ clarification. Thank you.

PeachGal

Reaction score
Agree. My case was my contract actually ended on 08 Aug 2019. 21 months re-contract on 08 May 2019. By right, I can change to SIM only plans in Singtel. But, I holding onto that Data x 3 subscription. Have to fully discharge this Data x 3 24 months contract before I can do anything, or pay penalty.

Yes, this "data addup" from st got contract de. I find it ridiculous on st initiative to tie clients this way imo.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel: Dear Customer, we have received your online request to sign up for a service. We regret to inform that your account is not due for re-contract Sim only plan for 9xxxxxx. Please contact 1688 for more information/ clarification. Thank you.

Should have called the number I posted earlier.

Just quote my example. My contract supposed to be due in 1st week December.

Yes, this "data addup" from st got contract de. I find it ridiculous on st initiative to tie clients this way imo.

You already agreed to keep the contract when you signed up. Singtel did not force you.

So you have to discharge that responsibility.

PeachGal

Reaction score
Agree, that is why I took the plunge. Only worry should there be better offers when my 12 month contract ending. Cos base plan only 3GB.

You can also consider sh simonly, at least no worry for reverting, save the trouble.

mistersoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just port over to m1 sim only.

They told me free 6months caller Id since port over. If not is 3months for new line. Now on the bill say my free caller Id ends in 3months :mad: must call them liao...

Ya m1 signal is bad... Lucky still have my tpg to use when no signal lol

Posted from PCWX using BLA-L29
M1 signal used to be ok. Not too sure what's going on. But then only 3 months free caller ID... Zzz singtel, starhub!

Sent from a mobile phone using GAGT

squarepipe

Reaction score

Bro. U can keep your number when porting over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.