Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfactor

Banned
Reaction score
Should have called the number I posted earlier.

Just quote my example. My contract supposed to be due in 1st week December.

You already agreed to keep the contract when you signed up. Singtel did not force you.

So you have to discharge that responsibility.

Just 打 the number, promotion 是给 targetted 客人, and 我不是one of them

squarepipe

Reaction score
Just port over to m1 sim only.

They told me free 6months caller Id since port over. If not is 3months for new line. Now on the bill say my free caller Id ends in 3months :mad: must call them liao...

Ya m1 signal is bad... Lucky still have my tpg to use when no signal lol

Posted from PCWX using BLA-L29

Lol first time I hear people switching to TPG for better signal.

From my experience tpg sometimes in some shopping mall corner will have no signal. Along with the whole underground MRT.

Usually I keep my phone on circles.life and switch data to TPG when I think I need use more data.

yotoden

Reaction score
Anyone used Grid? Free 1GB data roaming in Malaysia some more.

Is they billing steady?

Shadowz1984

Reaction score

Is they billing steady?
I am using Grid. So far so good. Billing every month auto charge your credit card. If you need the referral code, can PM me! Haha

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Yihaoong

Reaction score
$37 sign up fee..
They have a booth in IT show this weekend. Maybe they will issues the sim card on the spot and wavie off sign-up fee!

For grid, they are giving away a buddy sim (1gb local use ) for 1 year, after that $12 a month, not able to port in. The malaysia roaming is only applicable on the main sim only.
Additional 20gb (total 40gb) available till end of this year.

Topping it off there no way you are able to track your usage since there is no app. I am not sure if you like the idea when you over shot your data without any blocking, whereas Gomo will auto block till you add-on additional GB

If you are worried about the billing, just stick with Singtel! At least if they over charged you can kpkb them!!

Is they billing steady?

Last edited:

sango65

Reaction score
https://gridmobile.com.sg/

iD4xBk4.jpg

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if m1 have any promo during comex or now like from ntuc plus? My mum lazy to port over.

Sinnnn

Reaction score
bought over by who?

sian sia the 4G really horrible. even inside toilet of some shopping mall i can't get connection.
i signed a one yr contract in May when they were giving extra 800min call time for port over. $20/mth.
siao liao Zzzzz.

Is the connection as bad on Circles since they use the same infrastructure? Thinking of hopping over to Circles in October.

lance88

Reaction score
Is the connection as bad on Circles since they use the same infrastructure? Thinking of hopping over to Circles in October.

if you find m1 connection is bad then it is lor. I find it ok, just that whenever i hit the train i may need to swap to 3G/H+

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just go for the 12 months Singtel SIM only if you are concerned about network speed and signal.

If you have used the same number for the last many years, waiting another 12 months is easy.

Bro. U can keep your number when porting over.

Yeah I said same number. Not same provider.

If you are the type who don't change number, 12 months contract is a reasonable wait.

If you are the type who don't stick to the same number, don't go for contract.

yotoden

Reaction score
I am using Grid. So far so good. Billing every month auto charge your credit card. If you need the referral code, can PM me! Haha

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Too bad I still got one year plus contract. But thanks

awleong

Reaction score

If you are the type who don't change number, 12 months contract is a reasonable wait.

I think it's not about keeping the same number or not as most ppl don't like to change their mobile num which they've been using for many yrs.

The consideration here is with the rapidly changing Telco landscape and the new incoming full fledged Telco TPG, it's better to stick to SIM only no contract plans and adopt a wait and see strategy instead of getting stuck with a contract..

yotoden

Reaction score
$37 sign up fee..
They have a booth in IT show this weekend. Maybe they will issues the sim card on the spot and wavie off sign-up fee!

For grid, they are giving away a buddy sim (1gb local use ) for 1 year, after that $12 a month, not able to port in. The malaysia roaming is only applicable on the main sim only.

Topping it off there no way you are able to track your usage since there is no app. I am not sure if you like the idea when you over shot your data without any blocking, whereas Gomo will auto block till you add-on additional GB

If you are worried about the billing, just stick with Singtel! At least if they over charged you can kpkb them!!

No monitoring...

dryteletubby

Reaction score

You can keep your number even when porting to another telco or mvno

I think it's not about keeping the same number or not as most ppl don't like to change their mobile num which they've been using for many yrs.

The consideration here is with the rapidly changing Telco landscape and the new incoming full fledged Telco TPG, it's better to stick to SIM only no contract plans and adopt a wait and see strategy instead of getting stuck with a contract..

within a year I ported my number twice from m1 to zero1 to circles.life

mobile plans change so much each year its not a good idea to lock yourself into a contract.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Life is about making a decision and trade off.

Singtel SIM only 12 months contract is giving generous data, incoming call, SMS, superior network and free CID. All in at $20.

If you think there will be better deals, then wait. But if no better deals next 12 months, you lose.

If you think deal is good, go for it. But if there are better deals in next 12 months, you lose.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
within a year I ported my number twice from m1 to zero1 to circles.life

mobile plans change so much each year its not a good idea to lock yourself into a contract.

It is feasible because you are minimizing mobile cost.

But what did you trade off? Some hassles and poorer network.

Some don't like to go through like you do.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
It is feasible because you are minimizing mobile cost.

But what did you trade off? Some hassles and poorer network.

Some don't like to go through like you do.

There isn't much of a hassle to switch telco. Porting over takes about as much time as creating a new online account. When the new SIM is delivered, you just wait for the old sim to deactivate to pop in the new one.

As I have said before, the Singtel network is worse for my use case as it blocks UDP port 53 which i use for my VPN. Back when I was using zero1 (singtel) I had to create 2 separate VPN servers just so my phone can connect to it.

About a week after I got my TPG sim I realise my zero1 SIM was used so little that I decided to port to circles.life $0.

Cost savings is not my main goal. I only use around 3GB+ a month so I don't really need those $20+ plans with 20GB+

Once the TPG free trial is over I probably upgrade my circles.life plan or get another sim to use as data or port out.

RLWZ21

Reaction score
$37 sign up fee..

may i know where did u see that details on circle life?

the waiver thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.