Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxyuser

Reaction score
Lol I'd rather WhatsApp as you can see if the person actually online and reads your messages

I am not lamenting the lack of unlimited SMS. My issue is the telcos now treats SMS as a cash cow.

If you think SMS is dead globally, you should see the USA. With unlimited SMS, they can't be bothered to use any other messaging apps.

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
Their FAQ indicated forever.

"We’re glad you asked! The $0 /mo Flexi Plan is for $0 /mo. FOREVER!"
But inside their t&c, there is also the rights for them to amend where they deem necessary.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
Is that an official statement or rumor?

If circles say nothing. We can safely assume the $0 Flexi plan won't be going away yet.
Someone posted earlier that he asked a CSO and was told will be migrated when the time comes. So it's just a matter of when only.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If 3G/4G data is down or overloaded for whatever freak reason, only sms might still work.

urm... if 3G/4G network is down... even SMS will not send...

if only data is down... if not important things den wait until data is up then send whatsapp... if is important things then just freaking make VOICE call lor...

regards,
wacky

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
urm... if 3G/4G network is down... even SMS will not send...

if only data is down... if not important things den wait until data is up then send whatsapp... if is important things then just freaking make VOICE call lor...

regards,
wacky
Let’s say you’re in a big stadium during a big match or in a crisis and the data network is overwhelmed but you need to get a text to your family. There is a chance that SMS might get through while your data takes forever to load as SMS on 3G networks still travel over empty data space within the control messages.
And if the network is overloaded, your voice calls will not connect either.

See here for more information, don’t be so quick to diss SMS:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2012/07/31/why-dont-cell-phones-work-at-music-festivals/
SMS, aka your text messages: They are tiny amounts of data, but the network by default also gives them the lowest possible priority. They are likely to get through, but if a network is truly slammed, they might fall below real-time delivery.

Oh and don’t forget you sometimes need sms to redeem credit card points or acknowledge MINDEF messages, it’s just so much more convenient to reply directly instead of loading a webpage.

Sonoda Umi

Reaction score
Their FAQ indicated forever.

"We’re glad you asked! The $0 /mo Flexi Plan is for $0 /mo. FOREVER!"
But don't forget, it is no contract. And no contract means they are not legally obliged to maintain the same terms forever.

If they change $0 to $5, we can't even complain to the authorities as there is no breach of contract to begin with

JustDoLor

Reaction score
Go to CASE and Asas lah....

But don't forget, it is no contract. And no contract means they are not legally obliged to maintain the same terms forever.

If they change $0 to $5, we can't even complain to the authorities as there is no breach of contract to begin with

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
Go to CASE and Asas lah....
You can't have a case against them. Inside their terms and conditions they have this...

u2zyO3sl.png

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

lance88

Reaction score

Then just go for the next cheapest lor.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't use WhatsApp.

I am sending SMS to my bosses and colleagues for work related updates. :s13:

Why SMS? Because I don't want to put too much attention with WA.

I just send a couple of SMS and that's it.

If the other parties have to pay for SMS, then good for me. I get more peace.

Anything urgent, we can talk on the phone.

Yeah, agree. Would use SMS for peace. For 1-to-1 conversation or for immediate action, would use sms instead of whatsapp.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let’s say you’re in a big stadium during a big match or in a crisis and the data network is overwhelmed but you need to get a text to your family. There is a chance that SMS might get through while your data takes forever to load as SMS on 3G networks still travel over empty data space within the control messages.
And if the network is overloaded, your voice calls will not connect either.

See here for more information, don’t be so quick to diss SMS:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2012/07/31/why-dont-cell-phones-work-at-music-festivals/
SMS, aka your text messages: They are tiny amounts of data, but the network by default also gives them the lowest possible priority. They are likely to get through, but if a network is truly slammed, they might fall below real-time delivery.

Oh and don’t forget you sometimes need sms to redeem credit card points or acknowledge MINDEF messages, it’s just so much more convenient to reply directly instead of loading a webpage.
Agree, at those big events or stadium, even with 4G, whastapp can't be sent out due to bandwidth being overwhelmed. Not only acknowledge mindef messages, but also sometimes banking replies via sms (like activating overseas magnectic stripe).

But i can recall back before smartphones, everyone is on SMS. Come 1 Jan every year, new year messages jammed up the sms server. Some SMS took hours to receive due to loads of people sending new year messages.

baby0nboard

Reaction score
Just want to share here.. went to call in singtel cso.. and ask to recontract and down grade my combo 3 plan(with data x3) which should be due on nov. 9.. at first they mentioned need to pay 141 as it is a downgrade.. but in the end, it was the cso's persistence that waved the fees and new sim only contract for 12 months will start tomorrow.

Sim only contract for 12 months is the 20gb 1000mins outgoing 500sms one for 20sgd.

Just saying if you guys wish to start a contract i think it is safe to say to press on CSOs now for any bargain.

Last edited:

hfngshnll

Reaction score
Just want to share here.. went to call in singtel cso.. and ask to recontract and down grade my combo 3 plan(with data x3) which should be due on nov. 9.. at first they mentioned need to pay 141 as it is a downgrade.. but in the end, it was the cso's persistence that waved the fees and new sim only contract for 12 months will start tomorrow.

Sim only contract for 12 months is the 20gb 1000mins outgoing 500sms one for 20sgd.

Just saying if you guys wish to start a contract i think it is safe to say to press on CSOs now for any bargain.

does your contract include free caller id ?

were you targeted with sms promotion offer before you call them ? thanks.

baby0nboard

Reaction score
does your contract include free caller id ?

were you targeted with sms promotion offer before you call them ? thanks.

Yes got free caller id for 12 months.
Nope haven't received the biy.ly/sim-only-offer sms..but anyhow submitted a recontract request from that URL a few days back... not sure if it was a factor.

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I m stuck with stupid m1 plan.
Another year to go before I can convert to sim-only plan.
Paying like $40 monthly for 3gb data. whereas market now $30 monthly is 30gb.

They offer me recontract voucher but only limited to plan-with-devices, still need topup $100. Stuck another 2 years. Crap.

adrianch

Reaction score
Yes got free caller id for 12 months.
Nope haven't received the biy.ly/sim-only-offer sms..but anyhow submitted a recontract request from that URL a few days back... not sure if it was a factor.

I tried to recontract my SIM-only plan before I received the SMS offer and it was rejected. Now I have received the offer so will try to recontract again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.