Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takechan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He was not. 1 good performance in 4.

Back then with us he made a good backup ** for a while. He didn't stand out as much for me in the middle though we were also going through a slump and surrounded by other average players (except our forwards). Too bad for him that Fabinho performing well made us never missed him since.

sKeLeToN

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At best bench warmer, there's really tough competition for places

Gini
Fabinho
Henderson
Milly
Ox
Lallala
Keita
actually if u see the profile of all our CMs, barring Fabinho, all box to box midfielders....

So the talk of buying Fernandes, bringing ****inho back...really will imba the tactics...

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's difficult to track financial transactions even for banks and Central Banks. None has complete picture as these are broken down into multiple transfers theory multiple parties and jurisdictions.

Imagine if the owner is a country ... investigator goes to club secretary and ask to check their finances - and gets directed to the country's finance ministry.
Which is why I could never figure out how Najib with his millions didn't hire the best crooked accountant like his desert cousins - depositing 600m into his personal account is for amateurs.

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Monkey Owen again

Premier League legend Michael Owen has revealed that he believes Manchester United aren’t that far behind heated rivals Liverpool, his comments are bound to cause a stir.

According to the Express via ESPN, Premier League great Michael Owen believes that the gap between heated rivals Liverpool and Manchester United isn’t as big as some people think.

The retired England international, who played for both United and Liverpool during his illustrious career revealed that the Red Devils’ current crop of star aren’t “far inferior” to Jurgen Klopp’s players.

This is quite a surprising take considering that the Merseyside outfit are in a position to contend for all major honours – on a domestic and continental level, whereas United are scrapping to get themselves back into the Premier League’s top four.

The current table says it all, Liverpool are already seven points ahead of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.

Both English giants have experienced declines over the last decade, Liverpool endured a difficult period which saw them without a trophy for seven years.
United’s decline stems from the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson. David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho have all failed to rebuild the Manchester giants.

Does Solskjaer have what it takes to take them back to the top?

Here’s what the retired England international had to say on the two biggest clubs in the country:

“There’s been some trophies won along the way obviously which has smoothed things over a little bit but in general, when you watch Manchester United now, it is a shadow of the previous teams of Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign I guess, and it’s going to take some building.

“I don’t necessarily think the players are all that bad, I think when you look at other teams, look at Liverpool for example, are Manchester United players far inferior to Liverpool’s? I don’t necessarily think so.

“But do Liverpool’s players play with a greater understanding, a great cohesion, a lot of confidence? Then, yes.

Owen-on-Rashford
Owen has hit the headlines over the last week, the ex-striker also slammed United star Marcus Rashford recently.

Owen added that Liverpool legend John Barnes had a similar view on the differences between the two sides:

“I was talking to John Barnes the other day and he was saying exactly the same thing.

“He doesn’t think there’s anything in the two squads.

“When you look at the players, Manchester United have got great players but managers don’t seem to be getting that tune out of them like the Pep Guardiola teams or like the Jurgen Klopp teams at the moment.

“It will be interesting to see if Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] can do that over a period of time.”

Despite Owen’s comments there’s really no doubt that Liverpool are miles ahead of United at this moment in time. The Reds are one of the best sides in Europe, whilst the Red Devils are one of the biggest underperforming teams in the world.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

silent_espy

Banned
Reaction score
Then how did he become so good in liverpool shirt???

I believe the tactics employed by BR and Klopp suited his style. Just like how Salah couldn't perform under moaninghole but keep scoring at liverpool.

Just like how Balotelli did poorly at liverpool but did well in France

5ex5en5e5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope Shaqiri starts for Saturday game vs Newcastle in view of most of the first team are away for international matches.

Takechan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fekir gives incredible interview about injured knee ‘lies,’ agent that scuppered LFC move & how we stunted his career

Snippet below:

Interviewer: What is the truth then?

NF: You want the truth? You should know that even I don’t know it! I reassure you! I did my medical check-up and, after that, they decided not to make me sign. At one point, they wanted me to believe it was the knee. But there had to be an excuse while the additional medical tests at Clairefontaine were very clear… The knee, it’s fine and I feel fine. The knee, it has nothing at all.

Interviewer: That upset you?

NF: What may have annoyed me is that by trying to advance this pseudo physical concern, it may have burned me with other clubs that were potentially interested. While there are other players who have experienced the same injury as me and that hasn’t prevented them from returning to a normal trajectory. But I don’t have a grudge against Liverpool. I met them, our relations were excellent. They showed me that they really wanted me. But behind it, when you don’t surround yourself with the right people, it hurts you.

Interviewer: So it would be related to your former agent, Jean-Pierre Bernès, in your opinion?

NF: Maybe… Then, as I said, it’s fate. But when, in negotiations, you are not informed of everything that is going on, it is not normal. We are a discreet family. And it’s never good to want to divide a family. We went through all this like a little jolt. It was a dark moment in my career.

Sounds like another case of agents ruining football by destroying the player's career.

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
If he has the same form prior to the failed LFC move, he would still be able to attract a lot of interests. His own form dipped after that. Now he blames LFC.

Don't know what was it that got LFC got the cold feet on eve of transfer deal.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Liverpool talking to milner and Matip to extend their contracts

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.