Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
My Singtel CIS Combo 3 plan expired on 10th September 2019. Today, 11th September 2019, I chatted with the online Singtel agent and re-contracted to the SIM-only 10GB plan. No free caller ID. Have to pay $5.35 monthly for the caller ID. Tried to ask if can be waived but got rejected.

Have to wait 48-72 hours to receive the service agreement before the SIM-only plan gets activated. From now till the SIM-only plan gets activated, I am charged pro-rated based on the normal (not CIS) Combo 3 plan as well as all the add-ons that comes with Combo 3 plan.

Really carrot.

Last edited:

Synnexo

Reaction score
My Singtel CIS Combo 3 plan expired on 10th September 2019. Today, 11th September 2019, I chatted with the online Singtel agent and re-contracted to the SIM-only 10GB plan. No free caller ID. Have to pay $5.35 monthly for the caller ID. Tried to ask if can be waived but got rejected.

Have to wait 48-72 hours to receive the service agreement before the SIM-only plan gets activated. From now till the SIM-only plan gets activated, I am charged pro-rated based on the normal (not CIS) Combo 3 plan as well as all the add-ons that comes with Combo 3 plan.

Really carrot.

Why not port out then port in after a month with the new telco?

cantona81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Really carrot.
No free caller ID why u still recontract? I port over to CL and nvr looked back...

adrianch

Reaction score
Surely.its one of the best plan available. Sign & use first. $20 to $25 range with 15GB to 20GB is likely to be the new norm.

I tried to recontract for the 2nd time and it is approved. My new SIM-only plan will start on 14 Sep, at $20 monthly with 20GB, 1000 mins, 500 SMS and free trial of Entertainment Plus. Not sure why $5.35 is included in the "Prevailing Subscription Price" column in the service agreement when it is supposed to be free of charge. :s11:

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
No free caller ID why u still recontract? I port over to CL and nvr looked back...

I signed the Singtel 24-months Office 365 Home package in March 2019. So I am stuck with Singtel until 2021. No choice but to continue with Singtel.

Have to pay an early termination fee for the Office 365 Home if I jump ship.

Caller-ID is only free for those who port-in to Singtel. Other than this condition, caller-ID is not free.

So my Singtel 10GB SIM-only plan monthly bill is $25.35 + $5.35 caller-id +$9.90 Office 365 Home

Last edited:

cantona81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I signed the Singtel 24-months Office 365 Home package in March 2019. So I am stuck with Singtel until 2021. No choice but to continue with Singtel.

Caller-ID is only free for those who port-in to Singtel. Other than this condition, caller-ID is not free.

So my Singtel 10GB SIM-only plan monthly bill is $25.35 + $5.35 caller-id +$9.90 Office 365 Home
Wah, really no choice. Actually u should tell the SingTel agent if that's how they treat their existing customers, then they shld be prepared to lose more subscribers...

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wah, really no choice. Actually u should tell the SingTel agent if that's how they treat their existing customers, then they shld be prepared to lose more subscribers...

He has no bargaining power as he already said he signed up with the Office 365 Home package.

I think that is the reason why Singtel didn't offer the free CID because Singtel knows customer is unlikely to jump ship.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried to recontract for the 2nd time and it is approved. My new SIM-only plan will start on 14 Sep, at $20 monthly with 20GB, 1000 mins, 500 SMS and free trial of Entertainment Plus. Not sure why $5.35 is included in the "Prevailing Subscription Price" column in the service agreement when it is supposed to be free of charge. :s11:

I saw the Caller-ID (promo) with $5.36 and negative sign at the back.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel sim only previously $20. Now changed to $25.35? Or is it now they add in caller-ID, so called caller I'd included

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Singtel sim only previously $20. Now changed to $25.35? Or is it now they add in caller-ID, so called caller I'd included

No. Caller ID is not free. Only the no-contract plan is $20. Singtel did increase the price and reduced to only 2 plans, the 10GB 12-months plan and the 3GB no-contract plan.

Edit to add. Only if you port-in then the Caller ID is free.

hfngshnll

Reaction score

last week when they emailed the contract to me, saw the same thing. i spoke to the cso, he told me to call again on the new contract activation date so that they can delete it. they cannot do it now for me because my current combo contract is still on going, and the new thing is not shown in their screen yet.

zenify.me

Reaction score
Anyone has experience to share on porting over from 1 telco to another?
Specifically if it's recommended to only port over after existing contract end or can do it few days before since it take a few days to port over to new telco.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has experience to share on porting over from 1 telco to another?
Specifically if it's recommended to only port over after existing contract end or can do it few days before since it take a few days to port over to new telco.

Can only port after contract end. Maybe can schedule it 1 day before because port in process usually take about 12~24 hours.

Aw2006

Reaction score
Go for Gomo or Giga safer. No worries limited time period for free caller ID. Telco always want to chu pattern and charge us for top up or extra.

Even circle line. After 12mth may revert back to $28/mth instead of $18/mth.

cantona81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go for Gomo or Giga safer. No worries limited time period for free caller ID. Telco always want to chu pattern and charge us for top up or extra.

Even circle line. After 12mth may revert back to $28/mth instead of $18/mth.
CL no contract, so u can jump when the 12mths going to end... That's what I planning to do..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.