The Hair Thread - Part 5

tanteidaiko

Reaction score
Where do you get Firsthand Supply Clay Pomade, Arcadian Matte Paste from? My hair type is short/middle short thin fine hair.. is it suitable?

I get mine from SGPomade website. There are many other websites as well like Shopee, Lazada, etc. You can search for them.

Those 2 products should suit your hair type no worries. Because my hair is rather long and thick, and they were able to hold my hair as well.

If you are afraid these products are too heavy, you can try cream pomades. Such as Shear Revival Gray Ghost or Northern Light, but these have a natural to middle shine (depends on amount you put).

tanteidaiko

Reaction score
If you’re using conditioner washing, suggest to use conditioner first then shampoo.

The above approach (quoted) will result in over cleansing which will aggravate rate of hair fall, which is unnecessary. And of course, you will also unnecessarily end up utilizing more of your shampoo too.

Yes this is true. But i have tried this method for volcanic clay, and it doesnt work. Because volcanic clay is really stubborn and hard to wash. Which is why i stopped using it within 1 week. Too much damage for my hair.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
shear revival gray ghost may need 2x shampoo to get all out. the hermit worst, 3 x shampoo, i think its due to the microcrystalline wax as second ingredient.

templeton oasis and tsb the best, 1 shampoo all out but incredible hold.

puteh83

Reaction score
I get mine from SGPomade website. There are many other websites as well like Shopee, Lazada, etc. You can search for them.

Those 2 products should suit your hair type no worries. Because my hair is rather long and thick, and they were able to hold my hair as well.

If you are afraid these products are too heavy, you can try cream pomades. Such as Shear Revival Gray Ghost or Northern Light, but these have a natural to middle shine (depends on amount you put).
Thank you for the reply.

jcw_17

Reaction score
Yes this is true. But i have tried this method for volcanic clay, and it doesnt work. Because volcanic clay is really stubborn and hard to wash. Which is why i stopped using it within 1 week. Too much damage for my hair.

what's the brand of the volcanic clay?

Hellos!

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone recommend me hair tonic to nourish my hair?

A little background of myself.

I am a male in the mid 20s.

I have just went to a salon and they did a scan for me. The scan shows that i have oily scalp. Most of my pores only have 1 strand of hair and for those that have 2/3, the second or third strand are very short.

The person doing the scan keeps recommending for me to buy tonic for my hair.

Can anyone advise if there are any products in the market that i should try or if i should buy from the salon itself?

Otherwise, kindly advise the "ingredients" that i should look out for in a hair tonic.

Side note: I do not apply any products to my hair other than shampoo at the moment

Thanks in advance

nichsong

Reaction score
So guys. I've just tried a sample of Gerson and Co. 's upcoming homebrewed clay product. And if the final product is anything like the version I've tried - it'll probably be one of the best matte products that ive tried.

This is my honest, impartial opinion. Strong, dry, grippy, lightweight + high volume with ample product presence to last you throughout the day. The most comparable product to it would be Indians clay - except that this one is a lot less brutal. Plus its homebrewed.

Looking forward to its release. Would I be buying a jar myself? Yeah. This is legit stuff - most peeps know i wouldn't praise a product if i didn't believe it worked. This is some good stuff.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So guys. I've just tried a sample of Gerson and Co. 's upcoming homebrewed clay product. And if the final product is anything like the version I've tried - it'll probably be one of the best matte products that ive tried.

This is my honest, impartial opinion. Strong, dry, grippy, lightweight + high volume with ample product presence to last you throughout the day. The most comparable product to it would be Indians clay - except that this one is a lot less brutal. Plus its homebrewed.

Looking forward to its release. Would I be buying a jar myself? Yeah. This is legit stuff - most peeps know i wouldn't praise a product if i didn't believe it worked. This is some good stuff.

Thanks for the reviews. As usual my question would be how it compares with MM.
Thanks

nichsong

Reaction score
Thanks for the reviews. As usual my question would be how it compares with MM.
Thanks

Haha quite different products. MM is much more malleable - Gerson's clay is stiffer. Both have excellent endurance and presence in the hair though

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha quite different products. MM is much more malleable - Gerson's clay is stiffer. Both have excellent endurance and presence in the hair though

Roger. Thanks. Whats the name of the product?. Easy to wash out?
If not malleable means can't restyle/retouch, pehaps few hours later or end of the day?

Last edited:

nichsong

Reaction score
Roger. Thanks. Whats the name of the product?. Easy to wash out?
If not malleable means can't restyle/retouch, pehaps few hours later or end of the day?

Still fully restylable, just stiffer in the hair. It doesn't have a name yet tho, as far as i know. Release date is expected to be from mid Oct to early Nov

nichsong

Reaction score
If anyone would like to pick up a brand new jar of MM TSB, hit me up. It's still in a bubble wrap. Binge bought it while it was on offer, letting for for below retail price.

nichsong

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone recommend me hair tonic to nourish my hair?

A little background of myself.

I am a male in the mid 20s.

I have just went to a salon and they did a scan for me. The scan shows that i have oily scalp. Most of my pores only have 1 strand of hair and for those that have 2/3, the second or third strand are very short.

The person doing the scan keeps recommending for me to buy tonic for my hair.

Can anyone advise if there are any products in the market that i should try or if i should buy from the salon itself?

Otherwise, kindly advise the "ingredients" that i should look out for in a hair tonic.

Side note: I do not apply any products to my hair other than shampoo at the moment

Thanks in advance

Hey bro, the salon industry will always be trying to sell you products by claiming that you have XX issue / s. It's a marketing tactic.

Realistically speaking, there is little you can do to combat oily scalp. It's just genetics - your body produces more oil than average on your scalp area. I have oily scalp myself.

Some tips: Be sure to shampoo by focusing on the scalp - use your fingers (the tips, not the fingernails) to gently massage in the shampoo. After washing it off, check again. Some spots feel a little oilier? Add a little more shampoo and go to work on those specific spots.

That way, you can help prevent the build up of oil and grease that will clog your pores, inhabiting hair growth.

Hope this helps!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.