Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ymeBHuhl.jpg

GgTOKH5l.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
Well recently my 1st gen i7 huawei matebook x pro from microsoft usa developed the infamous blue screen of death, due to the liteon ssd as many have encountered online.

Bought a adata sx8200 pro to replace the liteon myself and since then no more bsod!

Still luving the matebook x pro, best windows laptop i ever used so far!

hellhole

Reaction score
Well recently my 1st gen i7 huawei matebook x pro from microsoft usa developed the infamous blue screen of death, due to the liteon ssd as many have encountered online.

Bought a adata sx8200 pro to replace the liteon myself and since then no more bsod!

noted! still loving mine... still...

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between Huawei mate book 13 and D?

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

tutonic

Reaction score

I've been reading up on the BSOD issue recently. Seems to be a common thing with liteon SSD. Makes me a bit scared, especially since all my work is on my laptop (though I sync with Dropbox daily ah). Adata SSD like quite cheap leh. 2TB costs the same as Samsung 1TB, and YouTube review-wise, they say speed damn good leh.

Any updates ccmheoa? Is the SSD very quick? Got notice any difference from liteon one (since liteon already quite fast to begin with)?

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been reading up on the BSOD issue recently. Seems to be a common thing with liteon SSD. Makes me a bit scared, especially since all my work is on my laptop (though I sync with Dropbox daily ah). Adata SSD like quite cheap leh. 2TB costs the same as Samsung 1TB, and YouTube review-wise, they say speed damn good leh.

Any updates ccmheoa? Is the SSD very quick? Got notice any difference from liteon one (since liteon already quite fast to begin with)?

I changed from factory shipped Toshiba to Samsung Pro 970.
Now using Adata 2TB too.
So far no issue for me.

My test result using crystaldismark 6.0.1 x64
Read MB/s Write MB/s
Seq Q32T1 3355.8 3077.3
4KiB Q8T8 824.3 386.4
4KiB Q32T1 164.9 102.1
4KiB Q1T1 40.3 58.03

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score

Actually i cant feel any difference b4 and after changing to the adata speed wise, except no more bsod.

Adata quite good and cheap!
Huawei matebook x pro remains the best laptop i ever used!

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Price no change since launch day. :(

Dropped to 3599 already. Got flash sale at 3599/3999, but now the 512 revert to 4399.

Lol less than 1.2k SGD with mouse + bag. I.T show also cannot get such deal

Nearest think it's City SQ, not sure service centre

Last edited:

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dropped to 3599 already. Got flash sale at 3599/3999, but now the 512 revert to 4399.

Lol less than 1.2k SGD with mouse + bag. I.T show also cannot get such deal

Nearest think it's City SQ, not sure service centre

Matebook X Pro flash deal so cheap?
RRP 6999RM become 4399RM???

plainsman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

was the ssd swap difficult to do? hows the bottom case like.. 4 / 8 screws?

thanks for any info you can offer:s12:

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

not hard.
but need patience..
Warranty confirm void if u have cos need to peel off the sticker.

I not sure about ithers but for mine.

1. unscrew the base screw, rubber feet inside got no screw. so dont bother to remove it.

2. cover the cover and u will see one tiny sticker covering ssd screw.

3. Normally I use Hp to take a picture of the screw positing in case i forget and placed it in order on paper as how it looks like on PCB board. Use a scotch tape to tape it if you scare u misread or move it

4. Unscrew the ssd screw and move in the ssd.
If too tight, I will remove some of the other screw slowly.

5. Since u already open, check ur display hinges too as it will become loosen after time.

https://bradshacks.com/matebook-x-pro-teardown/

SSD screw is on the middle right of the photo

https://bradshacks.com/matebook-x-pro-throttling/
This Video got teach u how to remove, but I scare, so I remove some and slowly slot back.

Last edited:

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
I think its relatively easy especially if you google the teardown video

Took me like 10mins, but if i do it again probably less than 5min

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.