Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use circles.life and I find M1 network usable.

Maybe u should get a tpg SIM as backup. Also don't sign contract and get stuck with a particular Telco.

seriously is it not ALL M1 users are affected by their slow and even no 4G inside malls and etc?
besides those like me tied down by a one yr contract, still got pple wanna consider M1 now?

i can't even whatsapp in the malls' toilet.

Likewise, I was a Circles.Life (leverage on M1 network) user for almost 1 year.

Besides the usual poor signal coverage along Circle/NE Line, no major signal coverage issues.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think for now my problem is that both Giga and Gomo don't provide overseas call roaming/sms. Other than that, their plan is indeed v attractive.

Seems like only M1 is giving huge data on their plan without "free 1 year 10gb" gimmick like singtel and starhub where the extra data will expire.

I was told by Giga support that they do provide roaming incoming SMS for receiving OTP. No outgoing sms or voice.

But I haven't been oveseas since switching to Giga so can't confirm.

Generally, I prefer to rent Wi-Fi router when going overseas, keeping in contact via msg apps and VOIP.

Last edited:

mistersoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seriously is it not ALL M1 users are affected by their slow and even no 4G inside malls and etc?
besides those like me tied down by a one yr contract, still got pple wanna consider M1 now?

No. You not only one. Me also.
3 months more, contract ends.

Sent from a mobile phone using GAGT

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

that's what im trying to say, their connection is too problematic now, but pple here are not paying enough attention, still wanna sign up.

Aikon

Reaction score
I find M1 has the worst coverage. Was at the Yishun Bus Interchange, couldn't even load pages... No problem with starhub.

Spotty coverage in Beach Road area too.

Have they signed on more customers than they can handle due to their cheap pricing?

Waiting for contract to end... I'll jump.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find M1 has the worst coverage. Was at the Yishun Bus Interchange, couldn't even load pages... No problem with starhub.

Have they signed on more customers than they can handle due to their cheap pricing?

it depends on area. e other day my colleague had to join my m1 hotspot cos his StarHub data can’t load a single thing. At Tampines.

Reaction score
Likewise, I was a Circles.Life (leverage on M1 network) user for almost 1 year.

Besides the usual poor signal coverage along Circle/NE Line, no major signal coverage issues.

the $0/mth plan from CircleLife ?.........is it good ?:s11:

thinking of switching from M1...........

Reaction score
I got similar experience as you, most toilets I went, m1 no network. No issue with Singtel or starhub.

terrixtur

Master Member
Reaction score
I got similar experience as you, most toilets I went, m1 no network. No issue with Singtel or starhub.

that's what im trying to say, their connection is too problematic now, but pple here are not paying enough attention, still wanna sign up.

Any notable locations where M1 doesn't have connection?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was told by Giga support that they do provide roaming SMS for receiving OTP.

But I haven't been oveseas since switching to Giga so can't confirm.

Generally, I prefer to rent Wi-Fi router when going overseas, keeping in contact via msg apps and VOIP.

In the past, I used to buy a foreign SIM if I am overseas.

Nowadays, I just subscribe to Singtel or Starhub data roaming plan. Don't need to change SIM.

Starhub is $5 per 1GB for 3 days
Singtel is $5 per 1GB for 7 days

tszkitc

Reaction score
I dunno about toilets 😆 but only bad coverage I've experienced was at Nex n Serangoon MRT
Sometimes it is about what phone u use. Last time at Republic poly school hall. My friend n i both using M1. He got signal n i did not have. I was using redmi note 7. He was using Huawei.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the $0/mth plan from CircleLife ?.........is it good ?:s11:

thinking of switching from M1...........

I think $0 plan no longer available, you should check their website. Now only showing $5 plan.

https://circlesasiasupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004527293-What-is-the-0-mo-Flexi-Plan-DISCONTINUED-?mobile_site=true

Anyways, you do know that circles life is using M1 network right ?

Last edited:

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In the past, I used to buy a foreign SIM if I am overseas.

Nowadays, I just subscribe to Singtel or Starhub data roaming plan. Don't need to change SIM.

Starhub is $5 per 1GB for 3 days
Singtel is $5 per 1GB for 7 days

For the amount of data I need when traveling, more cost effective to rent wifi router with unlimited data.

Roaming plans are super ex for some countries. Unless you can activate something like m1 data passport for example.

OnePunch!!

Reaction score
M1 or cL still esp weak at nex mall lor
If u go too deep and stay too long it wil be zzzzz

Hub and singtel still ok
Peak hours cc line will zzz NEL mrt has improved after so long

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the amount of data I need when traveling, more cost effective to rent wifi router with unlimited data.

Roaming plans are super ex for some countries. Unless you can activate something like m1 data passport for example.

I don't use a lot of data in overseas.

Hotels got free WIFI.

Just need some data for communication purposes.

So $5 is cheaper for me.

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CL $5 got roaming sms service in overseas right?

Sent from Samsung SM-A705MN using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.