Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

lohyn_91

Reaction score
Do update us on what's happening. As for me, they actually sent a runner up, took photos of my front door. damn suay at that time, my mum just opened the door, so she was photographed as well

Then the LS did their harassment i.e. made multiple calls, sent videos, sent photos of my unit (plus mum)

I basically ignored them, updated my IO, blocked calls etc harassment died after two weeks

Today my IO called me and told me to just cut off contacts with them. He told me that my block has Police CCTV so the possibility of runners getting caught is 80 to 90%. Feel so relieved after hearing that. He also said he will terminate their phone lines on his end.

CloudClau

Reaction score
Today my IO called me and told me to just cut off contacts with them. He told me that my block has Police CCTV so the possibility of runners getting caught is 80 to 90%. Feel so relieved after hearing that. He also said he will terminate their phone lines on his end.

not to pour cols water on u , but my place has police CCTV too and yet my hse got splash n lock and the runner is not caught .

Laoyeh

Banned
Reaction score
Don't gamble using borrowed money, and you will be fine...

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT

Heyitsmenow

Reaction score
This is very encouraging. A few months ago, i had fallen for a loan scam. The initial weeks were really bad. I could not sleep and was badly affected.

I told my company and family and they were all super supportive. My bosses helped to pick up all my calls. My family and friends kept me company so i dont go home alone

The initial weeks were quite hell because i felt very jumpy, always looking over my shoulders. I even had 999 on speed dial just in case. If i am home alone, i would latched and lock the door.

It has been peaceful few months for me.i changed my number. I now sleep better, carrying on with my daily life.

It will be hard but it would get better. Must have faith with our police. Dont pay them, they will have 101 excuses to bleed you dry.

I read through part 1 and 2 of this thread. And thanks everyone! Following the advices that were given here was the best decision i made. Hopefully people would read this forum before falling prey to these scumbags

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
not to pour cols water on u , but my place has police CCTV too and yet my hse got splash n lock and the runner is not caught .
CloudClau, CCTV alone does not deter runner from harassing the victims. CCTV footage may not always result in arrest.

But how many times can the runners get lucky? Surely one day will sure get caught.

Anyway, SPF may not necessarily inform you if the runner already caught. It could be different runners. Maybe even 1st one caught already.

I believe it's the SPF discretion to inform you if the runners are caught and not an obligation to share that info with you.

Anyway, stay safe. They will be caught. We just got no choice and continue to seek help from SPF.

green72

Reaction score
We always imagine these runners will physically harm us.No, they would not dare. This is Singapore.

They are mostly victims themselves and are skittish. For your question, they only verbal abuse through office phone.

Luckily my colleague are the bold types. They just replied back in a joking way if want to find me just call the police. My colleagues also suggest to them to complain to PM. The LS got frustrated and stop calling.

Their harassment at my workplace got backfired. 🤣🤣. Got ridiculed to the max. You could try that because they won't know the person on the other line is you.

Thanks for sharing! Mind sharing how they "harrass" your office? Did they show up physically? I gave them my direct line, not main line. Hope they will not find out.

Last edited:

lohyn_91

Reaction score
We always imagine these runners will physically harm us.No, they would not dare. This is Singapore.

They are mostly victims themselves and are skittish. For your question, they only verbal abuse through office phone.

Luckily my colleague are the bold types. They just replied back in a joking way if want to find me just call the police. My colleagues also suggest to them to complain to PM. The LS got frustrated and stop calling.

Their harassment at my workplace got backfired. 🤣🤣. Got ridiculed to the max. You could try that because they won't know the person on the other line is you.
Today the LS harrassed me using another number after I blocked 2 previous numbers. He threatened to come up to my unit and find me. But I am just ignoring him for now

seowliao

Reaction score
Today the LS harrassed me using another number after I blocked 2 previous numbers. He threatened to come up to my unit and find me. But I am just ignoring him for now

just install CCTV to capture their handsome or beautiful faces

Alia88

Reaction score
Hi, I desperate needed money to pay off my bank loans and so I replied a money lender msg. Aft which I gave him all of e particulars e.g ic,office number, acc no n NOK numbers. In a few mins later den I realized I was very very stupid to fall for this. They already bank in 700 and in a few days they need me to transfer bck 1000.However I back out n told the person I dun wan to borrow anymore. Need him to send his acc no but her would not send me his acc to close. I'm scared n worried. What should I do....

Bluejeans 75

Reaction score
Hi there, I got a loan from unlicensed money lenders. They said it's a Loan shark or ahlong. Coz I need money send back to Phil. And Mom stopped the qouta for foreigner to get a loan on the lincensed money lenders. Then I saw some advertisement in FB saying that can apply loan etc etc... Fast forward, I applied for a loan coz I need urgently I send all my details to "Him" Ic, hP numbers of colleagues, office numbers and account numbers. Then we agreed that I will take loan of 400 and pay back 600 for 3 days after that can get monthly repayment loan for 3k. So for my stupidity I said okay. He transfered the 400 last sept 22 2019. Then I. Paid the full amount of 600 on sept 25 209 using UOB deposit machine. Now this guy still messaging me to whattsapp and saying coz i paid using deposit machine instead of bank transfer they cannot find my payment. So I keep urgued and tell him its not my problem asked your accountant to check I send to you already the copy of receipt. Bank transfered or deposit using machine is still the same it sill credited to your account. The same account number you give. Even if your auditor will check that you are over of 600sgd. It is imposible that my payment is not credited. send me the copy of proof of delivery if no deposit will complaint to UOB. But still refusing that my loan is not yet cleard. Then the next thing happend he kept calling and message.Then he changed tactic he offered me to get a loan 600 and payback 800 so I can start my monthly repaymen he said just pay using bank transfer. Then I said NO, i will not take loan again. But until now they still borthering me, and still saying that my small loan not yet in. Do you think that I need to report to the police before anything happen. Coz I have 7 yrs old daughter and Im scared if she get hurt because of my stupidity and careless thinking. Or they will not harass me since I paid the full amount using deposit machine.? Any advice plsss!! As of this moment he still calling and sms, he wants me to get a new loan. Thanks for the advice.

Bluejeans 75

Reaction score

@green72 Hi! Even if you paid the full amount they will still harrased? Coz I paid the full amount using deposit machine but they claimed that my payment cannot check must be transferred using online.This guy still bothering me. Im scared if I report to police they will deport me coz im holding dependent pass.

Xiaojiangshi

Reaction score
Hi there, I got a loan from unlicensed money lenders. They said it's a Loan shark or ahlong. Coz I need money send back to Phil. And Mom stopped the qouta for foreigner to get a loan on the lincensed money lenders. Then I saw some advertisement in FB saying that can apply loan etc etc... Fast forward, I applied for a loan coz I need urgently I send all my details to "Him" Ic, hP numbers of colleagues, office numbers and account numbers. Then we agreed that I will take loan of 400 and pay back 600 for 3 days after that can get monthly repayment loan for 3k. So for my stupidity I said okay. He transfered the 400 last sept 22 2019. Then I. Paid the full amount of 600 on sept 25 209 using UOB deposit machine. Now this guy still messaging me to whattsapp and saying coz i paid using deposit machine instead of bank transfer they cannot find my payment. So I keep urgued and tell him its not my problem asked your accountant to check I send to you already the copy of receipt. Bank transfered or deposit using machine is still the same it sill credited to your account. The same account number you give. Even if your auditor will check that you are over of 600sgd. It is imposible that my payment is not credited. send me the copy of proof of delivery if no deposit will complaint to UOB. But still refusing that my loan is not yet cleard. Then the next thing happend he kept calling and message.Then he changed tactic he offered me to get a loan 600 and payback 800 so I can start my monthly repaymen he said just pay using bank transfer. Then I said NO, i will not take loan again. But until now they still borthering me, and still saying that my small loan not yet in. Do you think that I need to report to the police before anything happen. Coz I have 7 yrs old daughter and Im scared if she get hurt because of my stupidity and careless thinking. Or they will not harass me since I paid the full amount using deposit machine.? Any advice plsss!! As of this moment he still calling and sms, he wants me to get a new loan. Thanks for the advice.

Report police

green72

Reaction score
Bluejeans75,

You have been duped, scammed, cheated. They are LYING to you straight in your face.

It doesn't matter if you still owe them or not, full paid or not. Once they get hold of you, to "ghost" them is the only way. Of course, telling your family the problems helps a lot so you don't fight this alone.

Just stop paying further. The faster you wake up to this, the sooner this nightmare ends. Forget about you owing them, if you don't, you will always think by paying you will have peace. They will continuously give you hell until you can't pay no more and they give you more hell. The faster you realize this the better.

They may, most probably will, send runner to scare you once you ghost on them. Read through the past posts on how to prepare for that. Next 2 post, #941 actually.

They cannot harm you as long as you stay in Singapore. They can only try to make you scared. ONLY WORDS, NO ACTION.

Just stop replying or answering their calls and messages. They cannot bother you anymore if they cannot contact you by any means.

How? Change phone number, install apps that screen and block calls from google store or apple store. Use block and report if he send you WhatsApp or SMS message. To further prevent future harassment, close all you social media accounts now.

Don't worry, your life will not be at stake. They lied and cheated you. You should be angry instead of scared. Once they see cannot cheat you anymore by scare tactics, they will move on and find other victims.

Remember, you have been duped, scammed, cheated. Get ANGRY. :evil:

@green72 Hi! Even if you paid the full amount they will still harrased? Coz I paid the full amount using deposit machine but they claimed that my payment cannot check must be transferred using online.This guy still bothering me. Im scared if I report to police they will deport me coz im holding dependent pass.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Report police

May not be a good idea. I know employment pass holder may get in trouble with the law, in terms that the EP holder can and will be deported back. SPF will decide on a case by case basis. We need to be careful with our advice but of course if it's our local, don't need to hesitate to report.

bluejean75 is a dependant pass holder. Not sure what the law entails. He/she needs to find out if reporting will implicate him/her to be deported. Very gray area here.

BUT, if you feel threatened, of course, always call 999. No hesitation.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Hi, I desperate needed money to pay off my bank loans and so I replied a money lender msg. Aft which I gave him all of e particulars e.g ic,office number, acc no n NOK numbers. In a few mins later den I realized I was very very stupid to fall for this. They already bank in 700 and in a few days they need me to transfer bck 1000.However I back out n told the person I dun wan to borrow anymore. Need him to send his acc no but her would not send me his acc to close. I'm scared n worried. What should I do....

Alia88, STOP transferring the money. Hold on to it and follow the steps below. Anyway, most of us are in a similar financial plight as you and realized only later we actually got scammed by this so-called faceless LS.

1. Make a police report. You can do it online if you feel going down feels embarrassing or intimidating.

2. Stop replying anymore to the LS. Change number or install call blocker apps that allows ONLY your known contact list to go through. I use an android phone. I install an app CALL BLOCKER by Vlad Lee on mine and NOK phones. It works wonders.

3. Close ALL your social media accounts or set to the highest security level, this includes your WhatsApp. The purpose is to prevent them from harassing your friends through these social media platform. Emails should be ok as you can spam filter trash email.

4. Use Police Report to make a report to your bank about this illegal money transfer. Let bank decide what to do with the fund. Some ask bank to transfer back. Some just close the account. Some inform bank and park the money there and let bank/spf do what they deem fit. The idea is, don't deal with the LS with regards to funds transfer.

5. Use the Police Report to inform your office. Explain to you employer you are scam online and your office will receive some harassments calls. Remind them to make a police report, yes, you feel bad for troubling them but they will appreciate that you inform them before hand and not have to explain yourself if it happens afterwards.Their support is the utmost importance in this trying times.

6. Inform all NOK that you gave their number to about this. No choice, have to be honest. Same, just say you got scam, which in actual fact you did. Again, Their support is the utmost importance in this trying times.

7. Use the Police Report to apply for CCTV installation from your Town Council. Apply and install ASAP. You have to buy and get it install yourself. This in preparation for the second phase of harassment in which they may/will send runner.

You just have to accept it that they WILL send runner. Better be mentally prepared with a CCTV rather than get caught surprised. But no need worry, as I mentioned in previous post, the runner also is a scared person too. They are as kan chiong as you. Scroll back past post on what normally they will do. Nothing that is life threatening.

Then after all this, just ready yourself to call 999 if you feel threatened. As an Investigating Officer will be assigned to you, do update him every time . He/She can be contactable by phone or email.

Last, get all the rest you can get. Eat and drink regularly. Some of the previous lady victims here got a crash diet due to this. You need all the energy and strength to go through all these bravely, with your loved ones preferably.

Just waiting it out can be stressful and tiring. I suggest you go out and have a simple outing jalan-jalan to destress even for a couple of hours with family or friends. It really helps. Don't worry about the LS when you are out, they won't have the manpower to employ people just to follow you around and harass you.

That is only in the movies. Best of luck and stay strong.

Just to remind everyone, those LS are reading all these too. But so far these steps seems fool proof and worked for everyone so far that I know, if you follow exactly. For myself, the LS is the least of my concern until now after I myself got these advices from the fine people here.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.