Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

green72

Reaction score
Today the LS harrassed me using another number after I blocked 2 previous numbers. He threatened to come up to my unit and find me. But I am just ignoring him for now

If they want to waste money then they send people up. You shouldn't be bothered with this threats.

You shouldn't answer any calls that you are not familiar with. They can carry 20-30 numbers with them.

Continue to ignore. They WILL surely give up. Not that you owe them a million dollars, even so, ignore them is the only solution.

green72

Reaction score
This is very encouraging. A few months ago, i had fallen for a loan scam. The initial weeks were really bad. I could not sleep and was badly affected.

I told my company and family and they were all super supportive. My bosses helped to pick up all my calls. My family and friends kept me company so i dont go home alone

The initial weeks were quite hell because i felt very jumpy, always looking over my shoulders. I even had 999 on speed dial just in case. If i am home alone, i would latched and lock the door.

It has been peaceful few months for me.i changed my number. I now sleep better, carrying on with my daily life.

It will be hard but it would get better. Must have faith with our police. Dont pay them, they will have 101 excuses to bleed you dry.

I read through part 1 and 2 of this thread. And thanks everyone! Following the advices that were given here was the best decision i made. Hopefully people would read this forum before falling prey to these scumbags

Great for you. Sadly your last sentence "Hopefully people would read this forum before falling prey to these scumbags" only happens AFTER the victims falls for it.

But nice to know these steps works for you and me too.

seowliao

Reaction score
Then I. Paid the full amount of 600 on sept 25 209 using UOB deposit machine. Now this guy still messaging me to whattsapp and saying coz i paid using deposit machine instead of bank transfer they cannot find my payment. So I keep urgued and tell him its not my problem asked your accountant to check I send to you already the copy of receipt. Bank transfered or deposit using machine is still the same it sill credited to your account. The same account number you give. Even if your auditor will check that you are over of 600sgd. It is imposible that my payment is not credited. send me the copy of proof of delivery if no deposit will complaint to UOB.

the worry here is not whose accountant is going to audit their statement ! The concern is you might have accidentally credit into another lender or victim account !!! If the other party will to make a report, you will get implicated and would have more things to answer ....

NEVER ASK for account to transfer back..Leave it to the bank to reverse the transaction

Bluejeans 75

Reaction score
the worry here is not whose accountant is going to audit their statement ! The concern is you might have accidentally credit into another lender or victim account !!! If the other party will to make a report, you will get implicated and would have more things to answer ....

NEVER ASK for account to transfer back..Leave it to the bank to reverse the transaction
Thanks. For replying, how am. I going to do? He keep. Calling now and sms me as of this moment.

Bluejeans 75

Reaction score
May not be a good idea. I know employment pass holder may get in trouble with the law, in terms that the EP holder can and will be deported back. SPF will decide on a case by case basis. We need to be careful with our advice but of course if it's our local, don't need to hesitate to report.

bluejean75 is a dependant pass holder. Not sure what the law entails. He/she needs to find out if reporting will implicate him/her to be deported. Very gray area here.

BUT, if you feel threatened, of course, always call 999. No hesitation.
I understand thank you

seowliao

Reaction score
No need answer. Put on silent or switch off phone.

bro is correct..break ALL contact including your social media. Beware of those private or unknown numbers. disable your paynow function .Stay low profile

If you are in immediate danger..CALL 999

Nas1978

Reaction score
Hi, just asking for advice.
Not sure i m still in the right page.
I help a fren to take up loan from LML and now, she is uncontactable. Total amount is 5K. I have a copy of her nric and the written agreement with her signature. Can someone advice me

green72

Reaction score
Hi, just asking for advice.
Not sure i m still in the right page.
I help a fren to take up loan from LML and now, she is uncontactable. Total amount is 5K. I have a copy of her nric and the written agreement with her signature. Can someone advice me
My advice is try to visit her address and seek help from her family at that address on her whereabouts.

Since you take up the loan, you have to deal with the LML.

Not much you can do to recover money from your friend unless maybe through legal means. You can make a police report on her if you feel she is cheating you.

Sorry to say, this thread is for LS harassment victims.

Zerofury6@gmail.com

Reaction score
Hi lets say i no longer staying at that address that i provided to the ls will they still come to splash paint will the ls conferm thats yr house before doing anything or they just dont n just splash it

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Hi lets say i no longer staying at that address that i provided to the ls will they still come to splash paint will the ls conferm thats yr house before doing anything or they just dont n just splash it
Should be last known address. But who ever staying there consider kena sabo. If they report you, you have to answer to SPF.

Zerofury6@gmail.com

Reaction score
Should be last known address. But who ever staying there consider kena sabo. If they report you, you have to answer to SPF.
If I already made a police regarding the ls treats n in the report i also stated i no longer staying there will the police still charge me

n0isyEsc0bar

Reaction score
And so i attended a Loanshark forum by the police recently, not that i owe anybody/LS any money. It was very informative and funny actually.

Let's say u owe a loanshark $300. This loanshark will probably harass you for awhile only. Seems that the rate for knocking on door is 80, splash paint is 150 and i can't remember what was $300. So you see, for a loan of $300, why would a loanshark waste so much money to send multiple times a runner to harass u?
Loansharks are businessmen. Their interest is just money. So they also not stupid, will calculate how much they stand to lose before harassing you. But in any case just be wary la. If you owe 500k, then it makes sense for loanshark to harass you everyday to collect back their money.
Main idea here, according to police is to not pay and suffocate the loanshark. Imagine 10 people owe loanshark 1k each. If none pays, loanshark will lose 10k. You think they can sustain for how long?

Anyways i have been an avid reader of this thread and I feel, based on the language and grammar of some posts and their content, can't help but think many loanshark are also in this thread reading and replying.

Reaction score
Wha all of you got good IO. I called my IO 1 mth ago and leave message and my hp no. but till today he never call me back at all. LS came to splash paint for more than 1.5 mths, I received a letter from SPF informing me that they have exhausted all the leads, is it to say that I am on my own and the runner who splash paint is still at large. I am very worried what LS will do next?

That is why when get splash paint, you must report 999 immediately when the lead is fresh. Let SPF do their job to hunt down the runner with their CCTV.

If after being splashed and harassed, you still ignore them and REFUSE to pay, what do you think they will do? Give up and move on to the next victim loh.

Reaction score
FREE TO APPLY
Repayment On 5 Yrs
NO LATE CHARGE/DEPOSIT
10Kx60 Mth=185
20Kx60 Mth=370
50Kx60 Mth=920
100Kx60 Mth=1850
WhatApp: Joset 8xxxxxxx

Guys just to check, above is it legal license money lender? Able to loan 10k from them and pay 185 monthly???

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT

These are ALL SCAMS by criminals who will use lies, fear tactics to trick you. Do not respond to them. Tell your friends and family about this. As long as you get ads by this way, they are ALL SCAMS!

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

CRIME DOES NOT PAY, POLICE ARE ARRESTING! http://bit.ly/loanscamarrests

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.