Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
should have been carded for play acting then if the goon can't even hold the 'correct' leg.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gary Neville was in worse worse shape back then than Ashley Young now. I don't like seeing Young in the team but he isn't selecting himself to play, the manager is. Do we have anyone better at LB than him? No.

I also blame Shaw for getting injured :s13:

can we sell Shaw to get Chilwell for LB? Shaw another MC king, play a few games then injured a few months.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Positive:
We didn't lose.
Liverpool drop points.
Ole still is our manager.

Negative:
Liverpool still top of the table.
Young prove again he is cui.
Ole still is our manager.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
another 80mil?
most likely blood in Brandon

need to stop keeping such high wage players hoping they will come good one day.

same with Jones. so many years on still the same
can we sell Shaw to get Chilwell for LB? Shaw another MC king, play a few games then injured a few months.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot blame Young. Young is supposed to take care of the wing to prevent anyone from crossing again or shooting from the outer right-hand side.

The blame is more on the 3 centerbacks (Lindelof, Rojos, Maguire) for being slow and not clearing and of course the keeper for staying on his line. Young was higher up as it's a 352 tactic.

You might also want to blame Wan Bissaka for being slightly out of position and allowing a good cross.

Last edited:

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot blame Young. Young is supposed to take care of the wing to prevent anyone from crossing again or shooting from the outer right-hand side.

The blame is more on the 3 centerbacks (Lindelof, Rojos, Maguire) for being slow and not clearing and of course the keeper for staying on his line. Young was higher up as it's a 352 tactic.

You might also want to blame Wan Bissaka for being slightly out of position and allowing a good cross.

Everyone's fault but young :s22:

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chiwell is good but Leicester probably gonna rinse us the Maguire fee alike. We ought to look elsewhere in europe. What are the scouts doing? I am sure there is a LB or two out there who wouldn’t cost 50M up north

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AWB tried to block the cross. That goal was more on Rojo for me. He was closer to De Gea than he was to any anyone. Really stupid

The James cross to Rashford was super, inch perfect until the defender cannot touch it otherwise own goal liao. We need more of this kind of delivery to feed the strikers

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
desperate club. also will cost an arm n leg for players. first thing this club needs to do is to show that we are buying players as cherry toppers. and that we will walk away if every time we bid they ask for 80mil.
that's y Ole is eagerly promoting youth

plus! every one knows our upper limit for player wages is so high. almost anyone can ask for nearly 200k now

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
consider good result since we are expected to lose by a big margin. jan really need to buy few more players.

Actually some of the players are able to play well. The disappointing results were due to lack of confidence, lack of motivation, lack of concentration in defending during the final 20 mins, wrong tactics & the manager playing a few players out of position.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally calmed down after that run of horrible results, a 2 week cooling off period, and another exasperating 8 minutes.
-
It was a good gameplan by OGS, perhaps showing glimpses of how he indeed has the ability to set things up correctly according to the opposition as well as making the best of who we have available.

Was watching the pre-match buildup, and saw AxelT. Next moment, in the tunnel, I see MarcosR. Duh. Another new player starts getting this cursed "injured during warmup" symptom? Last I remember, players who got this were names like LouisSaha, OwenHargreaves, PhilJ, LukeS. And we all know how the first 3 careers panned out.

Perhaps OleGS finally found the position that AndreasP is best used in. He's not amazing, but he has the energy to do the job behind 2 quick forwards. I'd like to think the early scuffed shot by him was on purpose - to draw defenders to close him down whenever he advances to open up space for the sides. Execution was meh though.

Fred was... underwhelming really. Energetic but technically really quite a liability so far. I really don't like midfielders losing the ball in our own third. Actually, I don't like midfielders losing the ball due to slowness at all.

I still remember seeing the timer at 84th and thinking the team just needs to keep it steady for another 8mins or so. And next moment they all stood flatfooted to let them score. 3 central defenders who let the ball pass by them to the far post. Fantastic defence isn't it? AshleyY was bested by the one he was supposed to mark, but one of the 3 central defenders should really have cut it out.

Extremely disappointed with the manner we let slip 2 points. I'd eat bittergourd if it was some wonder strike, but for the defence to not do anything about what seemed like a simple cross is just duh. Would it have been different had it been AxelT? Maybe, who knows. All I know is that apparently ChrisS is now an anchor player in Roma's defence.

It has been a while since I've felt that the squad depth is way too thin. But the biggest problem remains - we don't have alternative type of players who can offer something different.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes Chris Smalling has been great at Roma, one of their best players this season. I was watching the Sampdoria-Roma game before ours and he played very well. I also didn’t know Claudio Ranieiri was Sampdoria’s manager until i watched that game yesterday!

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Yes Chris Smalling has been great at Roma, one of their best players this season. I was watching the Sampdoria-Roma game before ours and he played very well. I also didn’t know Claudio Ranieiri was Sampdoria’s manager until i watched that game yesterday!

Totally forgotten about smalling lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.