Going SPAIN? Ask this amdk ah beng!

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi.Anyone in Barcelona right now?Thinking of going in mid Nov but saw they having protests now.Is it still ok to go?Thanks

ish okey...dun be scared :s22: Moi know singapore ish like living in a safe bird cage but dont be afraid la...nothing will happen. Newspapers need to sell ;)

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi spangaporean,

I will be going to spain and portugal from 6 Nov to 15 Nov. I underdtand that the weather will be around 14 to 17 degrees. Do you think it will be very cold and do i need to bring winter wear ? And what food will you recommend ? Are the foods very expensive ? Can i budget EUR 20 for one meal ? TIA.

It depends....maybe will get cold for you. But the good thing ish here got so many naise winter clothes and "cheap"...so if chiu feel cold just buy here la..

Portugal and Spain good place for eating! fish, seafood and meat very good so u haf many options... On weekdays can eat MENU....normally range from 8 to 15 euros (depends place) and it is what we eat during lunch time near work

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
ish okey...dun be scared :s22: Moi know singapore ish like living in a safe bird cage but dont be afraid la...nothing will happen. Newspapers need to sell ;)

Here are two excepts from a news sources:
"Barcelona is taking stock of the effects of a week of street violence following the Supreme Court ruling that sentenced nine separatist leaders to prison terms for their role in the unilateral push to split from Spain in 2017.

Stores and restaurants in the Catalan capital experienced a drop in sales of between 30% and 50%, according to Barcelona Oberta, a trade and tourism association. The hotel industry has not offered any figures, although some establishments in the city center admit they have had cancellations and lowered their rates. City officials said on Monday that tourists staying in downtown hotels were relocated elsewhere."

"The streets of central Barcelona were again converted into battle scenes on Friday night, as small but organised groups of protesters laid burning barricades across several streets and flung missiles including smashed-up pieces of pavement.

Riot police responded with foam bullets, smoke canisters and tear gas.

The biggest battle was still raging as midnight approached in Via Laietana, a street on which the National Police has its headquarters in Barcelona.

As of 11pm disturbances in Barcelona and other cities in Catalonia had seen 17 people arrested and 62 requiring medical treatment."

While I understand you are a native, tourists are seldom familiar enough to be able to react to situations like this. Are you sure you still recommend people go ahead with no reservations?

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While I understand you are a native, tourists are seldom familiar enough to be able to react to situations like this. Are you sure you still recommend people go ahead with no reservations?

yes! :s8:

even though moi madrilean so i prefer peepur coming here :D

anyway...if Barcelona/catalunya ish a concern for anyone there ish so many other great places in Spain...so maybe its time to be more creative in the traveling options...

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FYI .. If u wan to buy cream in Spain....

ukSGZDKl.jpg

Moi dunno why but this spanish brand ish favourite among chinese tourists. They bring back home so many haha. I guess maybe cause main cream is cheap (around 6 euros) and the quality is very good. I use it every day but didnt know chinese like it until read one news the other day

Sent from spanish ahbeng low ses using GAGT

finale1

Master Member
Reaction score
I use Petrabax website to book Renfe train tickets and they flagged it as fraud. Oh shoot!

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use Petrabax website to book Renfe train tickets and they flagged it as fraud. Oh shoot!
Haha issit? Let me check... it seems a travel agency from South America with links to Spain...

EDIT: Moi cant find any weird thing about them. It is a biiiiig travel agency with many years experience. Doesnt mean that they are good and 100% satisfaction haha but it seems legit...

Last edited:

finale1

Master Member
Reaction score
It’s recommended by seat61.com.

They flagged my transaction as fraud.

Anyway I rebook with Trainline.eu

Haha issit? Let me check... it seems a travel agency from South America with links to Spain...

EDIT: Moi cant find any weird thing about them. It is a biiiiig travel agency with many years experience. Doesnt mean that they are good and 100% satisfaction haha but it seems legit...

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used loco2 to book from Cordoba to Madrid. Everything in English and cheap, less than eur25 pp but I booked more than 1 month in advance.

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used loco2 to book from Cordoba to Madrid. Everything in English and cheap, less than eur25 pp but I booked more than 1 month in advance.

Yeah loco2 ish good option...until they fix official website (utopia) :s8:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.