NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Teacherwip

Reaction score
I went for interview in Sept and received an email from MOE yesterday. They are still processing my application. If successful, the employment will commence on 10 Feb and the possible offer of appointment would be by 3 Jan. My careers.gov status is "shortlisted"

Congrats Rocky! Able to share the date of your interview? And did the status change before the processing email? Or is it after? 🥺 my status is still “in process”, it is worrying.

Last edited:

divannne

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just received the possible offer of appointment today! Interviewed on 1 July. Atb to those still waiting, think you should be receiving the email soon!

Wow, congrats! Can you share with us the timeline?

I went for interview in August and thereafter received 2 emails for more documents, last one being September 30th. After that no news...

The wait is.... !!!

earlgreymilktea

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just received the possible offer of appointment today! Interviewed on 1 July. Atb to those still waiting, think you should be receiving the email soon!
congrats! I'm from the Sept batch so it will prob be a long wait for outcome.. but all the best!

kevinwallace

Reaction score
Anyone applied for pe teaching and went interview during October? Any news?

:)Good luck everyone too. The wait is nerve wrecking

badchoices

Reaction score
congrats! I'm from the Sept batch so it will prob be a long wait for outcome.. but all the best!

Thanks @divannne and @earlgreymilktea! It really was a long wait.. and a bit of an emotional coaster ride too.

Here is my complete timeline:
26 May - Submitted my application
21 June - Received Annex A email
26 June - Received interview invitation
1 July - Interview day
8 July - Received email for EPT availability
22 July - Received call to verify some details
24 July - Received email that they are processing (So far so good, updates have been quite regular up to this point :) )
25 July - Status change to ‘Shortlisted’ (happy for a moment here, then this happened shortly after —>), received email that I have to take EPT (T.T)
1 Aug - EPT day
Radio silence for a month.... (Sigh.......)
2 Sept - EPT results out (Passed! Yay!)
3 Sept - Received email for medical checkup (Again, yay!)
4 Sept - Cleared medical checkup
Radio silence again for about 2 months... (My excitement died down again)
31 Oct - Received email for possible offer of appt (Finally!!!)

Anyway, my date of signing is 21 nov and start date is 19 Dec! Hope to see some of yall there too (though we won’t know its one another).. Haha.

zantetsuken09

Reaction score
Hi everyone, went for interview on 1st July and got my possible offer of appointment email yesterday :)

Timeline approximately as such:
18 May: Submitted application
14 June: Received email on interview details
1 July: Interview
8 July: Received email on availability for EPT (but I didn’t have to take it eventually)
Mid-August: Status changed to ‘Shortlisted’
3 Sep: Received email to go for medical appt
11 Sep: Went for medical appt
31 Oct: Received email on possible offer to appointment

Wish all who’re still waiting for updates best of luck :)

Max_power

Reaction score
Hi everyone, went for interview on 1st July and got my possible offer of appointment email yesterday :)

Timeline approximately as such:
18 May: Submitted application
14 June: Received email on interview details
1 July: Interview
8 July: Received email on availability for EPT (but I didn’t have to take it eventually)
Mid-August: Status changed to ‘Shortlisted’
3 Sep: Received email to go for medical appt
11 Sep: Went for medical appt
31 Oct: Received email on possible offer to appointment

Wish all who’re still waiting for updates best of luck :)

Thanks for the update, congratulations! Is your signing on 21 nov too? :)

plshelpp

Reaction score
Hi,could those who have taken EPT shed some light on it? like how to prepare and what to look out for during the test? Greatly appreciated thanks!

amyyee

Reaction score
Hi,could those who have taken EPT shed some light on it? like how to prepare and what to look out for during the test? Greatly appreciated thanks!
Hello, PM you. I did mine last Monday.
Will forward badchoices's advice for EL EPT as well.

plshelpp

Reaction score
Hello, PM you. I did mine last Monday.
Will forward badchoices's advice for EL EPT as well.

Hello, thank you I have seen the reply but am unable to sent PMs now.

Can i ask, is there any format to remember for the essays and also did you memorise any content?
For the argumentative, did u provide a supporting and refuting stand or just those supporting your stand?

amyyee

Reaction score
Hello, thank you I have seen the reply but am unable to sent PMs now.

Can i ask, is there any format to remember for the essays and also did you memorise any content?
For the argumentative, did u provide a supporting and refuting stand or just those supporting your stand?
Hi, all PM replied. All the best!

Format is similar to the test sample provided by MOE.
https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teac...st/english-language-entrance-proficiency-test

I recommend doing the 2nd essay first due to time constrain and yes, you will need at least 1 opposing point. Generally, I plan for 2 supporting and 1 opposing point. Lastly, do the intro and conclusion. That would be 5 paragraphs in total. For each point, add on elaboration and examples.

I find that memorising was not helpful for me because the topic is always different.
Be careful to answer the question and not go out of the topic.
Above is based on my limited personal experience. Hope it helps.
Anyone else with experience feel free to share or feedback.

Last edited:

FabulousFarmer

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just received the "we are still processing your app" email today.
Anyone knows what that means? I interviewed in end Sept and status is still 'In Process'.

Hey so sorry I missed this but I got the processing email 1 day after you. Status still In Process. Not shortlisted. So nervous really :( Does this mean anything like rejection will come after? This is killing me!!! Hahahaha

Hi, all PM replied. All the best!

Format is similar to the test sample provided by MOE.

I recommend doing the 2nd essay first due to time constrain and yes, you will need at least 1 opposing point.
Generally, I plan for 2 supporting and 1 opposing point.
Lastly, do the intro and conclusion.
That would be 5 paragraphs in total. For each point, add on elaboration and examples.

I find that memorising was not helpful for me because the topic is always different.
Be careful to answer the question and not go out of the topic.
Above is based on my limited personal experience.
Hope it helps.
Anyone else with experience feels free to share or feedback.

Hey @amyyee, sooooo sorry for the trouble but could u pm me too? Thank you for doing this for us rly.

To everyone who’s still waiting, let’s try to do other stuff in the meantime. And congrats to all who has received the letter of appointment! All the best and hope your passion never burns out :)

earlgreymilktea

Reaction score
Hey so sorry I missed this but I got the processing email 1 day after you. Status still In Process. Not shortlisted. So nervous really :( Does this mean anything like rejection will come after? This is killing me!!! Hahahaha

Hey @amyyee, sooooo sorry for the trouble but could u pm me too? Thank you for doing this for us rly.

To everyone who’s still waiting, let’s try to do other stuff in the meantime. And congrats to all who has received the letter of appointment! All the best and hope your passion never burns out :)
hey yeah my status is still 'In Process'... based on past replies, it's common for ppl to receive their rejection email even after the processing email.. let's just wait and see! good luck to you~

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.