Soundbar discussion Thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahawk

Master Member
Reaction score
can anyone recommend a soundbar either 2.0 or 2.1 for a 55inch LCD.

Both Tv and soundbar to be wallmounted for a normal HDB room.

Budget ~$500.

Alot of dramas/movies/youtube music

Cheers

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can anyone recommend a soundbar either 2.0 or 2.1 for a 55inch LCD.

Both Tv and soundbar to be wallmounted for a normal HDB room.

Budget ~$500.

Alot of dramas/movies/youtube music

Cheers
I am considering Sony and now I think got 30% discount

Within the budget

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

seachange

Reaction score
Was considering between yamaha yas-108 (~$330), yas-207 (~$600), or yas-108 + subwoofer.

Would the wharfedale wh-s8e subwoofer https://s.lazada.sg/s.Tfkr be a good subwoofer to go with the Yamaha yas-108? Current offer price at 191 seems pretty reasonable, brings the total price to $520. The wharfedale used an 8 inch cone so it's bigger than the yas-207 which has a 16cm cone woofer.

Or... wait for the yas-109 / yas-209 which should be coming soon.

You using for living room? I use yas-207 in my master bedroom and the woofer is solid. I nvr regretted buying it as it has perform beyond my expectations. For a 2.1 speaker the soundstage is superb. It loses only to dialogue/speech in movie but it is not that bad.

lurker88

Reaction score
Just a thought. Ive seen sony ct 800 being recommended and have shortlisted this. Due to the position of the speakers, wouldn't it trap more dust than those placed perpendicular?

Sent from LGE LM-V405 using GAGT

salmonella

Reaction score
Are there any cheap and good passive soundbar in Singapore?

Was looking at https://www.reddit.com/r/HTBuyingGuides/comments/9kv6uw/passive_soundbars_aka_speakerbars_recommendations/

azeris10

Reaction score
Repost for other thread.

For a typical 4 room bto, does it make sense to get surround sound? Looking to get soundbar + wireless rear speaker e.g Sony or nakamichi or avr with speaker and subwoofer (maybe denon and some bookshelf speakers. Any recommendation? Budget 1-1.5k. Likely to pair with a LG 55C9.

Jlyong0008

Reaction score
Anyone use sound stage soundbar ?

$100+ only.

How ? Good

You talking about the CREATIVE sound stage right? I'm using it with my LG TV from 2014 using HDMI arc. Sounds OK la. Woofer quite bass heavy. Use for Netflix movies. Don't expect stereo separation. The bar is too short.

However, I do have some connection issues. I turn off my mains after use. Everytime I turn on the mains to my TV and soundbar, the TV fails to detect the sound bar. I have to unplug and replug the HDMI wire for the connection to link up. Quite mafan. After that okay liao.

Jlyong0008

Reaction score
Repost for other thread.

For a typical 4 room bto, does it make sense to get surround sound? Looking to get soundbar + wireless rear speaker e.g Sony or nakamichi or avr with speaker and subwoofer (maybe denon and some bookshelf speakers. Any recommendation? Budget 1-1.5k. Likely to pair with a LG 55C9.

4rm flat, depends on your space availability and personal preference. Some ppl I know spent a bomb on the sound system but end up not using them because they have kids. I end up watching my movies on iPad most of the time.

No logic de la. Most impt thing is that you suka.

ed3n89

Reaction score
Looking for Soundbar Recommendation

Hi.

I am looking to purchase a new soundbar to pair with Samsung Q60R TV.
I would prefer some recommendations.

Currently I'm looking at Samsung Q60R Soundbar and Harman Kardon SB20. Both have similar price which is around $699.
Mainly used for movies and music.

Are there any other good recommendations other than these 2? :s22:

ed3n89

Reaction score
I tried Sonos. But the oohmm seems lacking without the subwoofer. Or I might missed out something in the setting?

Kennethzzz

Reaction score
I'm currently considering this 2 soundbar from Sony: the HT-X8500 and HT-Z9F, to pair with my Sony's 43" X8500F 4K Andriod TV in my bedroom.

Personally I think the X8500 sound quality is good enough, but for a few hundred bucks more, I could get the Z9F. So i'm wondering if the difference in sound quality for the Z9F is huge enough to warrant the upgrade. I much prefer the looks of the Z9F though.

Any advice?

azeris10

Reaction score
4rm flat, depends on your space availability and personal preference. Some ppl I know spent a bomb on the sound system but end up not using them because they have kids. I end up watching my movies on iPad most of the time.

No logic de la. Most impt thing is that you suka.

Yah ... think so also. 3.1 with AVR also at least 1.8k. Guess will Budget accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.