[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

nameiswye

Reaction score
Went down for interview to company C. Saw to ad package 16k joining bonus and comfirm with the recuritment handler.When during interview ask abt salary package become 14k from Interviewer. Saying that is a few years back package and had no longer offer this deal. *if u search from the internet is stated 16k* recruitment personal have no interest explaining on interested position and other details simply want to know u want or dun want as u were wasting her time. Very disappointing on the service... Will try on Company A

Roland216

Reaction score
Went down for interview to company C. Saw to ad package 16k joining bonus and comfirm with the recuritment handler.When during interview ask abt salary package become 14k from Interviewer. Saying that is a few years back package and had no longer offer this deal. *if u search from the internet is stated 16k* recruitment personal have no interest explaining on interested position and other details simply want to know u want or dun want as u were wasting her time. Very disappointing on the service... Will try on Company A

If you are Singaporean, you can easily refer to SAF pioneer magazine. It's 16k, sign on, given in following interval.
5k after completion of Academy training (2 mth to 3mth)
5k on 18th months (some is 2.5k every 6 mth interval)
6k on 36th months ( some is 3k every 6 mth)
Not certain why they say 14k to you.
Nonetheless must admit that during my engagement with the interviewer(HR) then, the conversation is more like they doing sales recuitment, very sales approach kind of mentality.
Anyway no harm going for A, after 1 year or more with A, you can come to C and get another Bonus if you think A corporate culture is not suitable. Will welcome you to C. But if you like OT, I heard lot of rumours that with OT lot of A pay more then C. But C less OT then O, thus more rest for marathon career. Several A personel came to C to seek more reasonable rest hours.

With OT, rumours confirm A and C more well paid then SPF. But many young man in C desire to join SPF still having being turn down by SPF.

Lifeistough

Reaction score
Anyone working in sats as apo? Is it good to sign on as sergeant? Recruiter told me basic is only 2.4k. How much gross pay can I earn a month?

Roland216

Reaction score
Anyone working in sats as apo? Is it good to sign on as sergeant? Recruiter told me basic is only 2.4k. How much gross pay can I earn a month?
Heard SATS got plenty of OT too. After OT, SGT can range 3+ to 4 per mth. That also means lots of OT.

Lifeistough

Reaction score
Heard SATS got plenty of OT too. After OT, SGT can range 3+ to 4 per mth. That also means lots of OT.

Oh.... that’s about the same as C company right. I am contemplating to join C or S... not sure what’s the difference. Any advice for me? I am singaporean, abit worry if can clique with foreigners.

Last edited:

Blowpipe

Reaction score
My advice is join with the correct mindset..take note regardless is C, A or S is a security guard with arms only...you are not police or Law enforcer so dun behave like one. You will get on the nerves of your supervisors. If you are planning to join only test water like 1 year only..dun bother waste your time...do other better things outside.

Roland216

Reaction score
My advice is join with the correct mindset..take note regardless is C, A or S is a security guard with arms only...you are not police or Law enforcer so dun behave like one. You will get on the nerves of your supervisors. If you are planning to join only test water like 1 year only..dun bother waste your time...do other better things outside.

Things is changing anyway. Since I was in State Po and C now. I saw how both org work with 2 different culture.
If u r Patriotic and below age 29 or 30 try SPF early and train your Ippt. 2.4 and push up muscle is wildly used skill in SPF, and if SPf reject you, no worries, just come C and keep trying SPF Every 6 mth. My exp,more C people got into SPF

If u r seeking a job with salary , keen on some law enforcement but not so hardcore, then come C. There is also a chance C will deploy U to SPF, ICA, TP, LTA, Custom duties
When you are deployed there there is a chance u dun need to wear C uniform and will be drawing State uniform as u be doing State duties. Civil servant law will applies for those deployed there but salary draw from C.
If U r keen on Higher paycheck and hard-working individual willing to do OT, then C, A or S is better. Your salary will much likely be about 10% to 30% more then SPF.
SPF perks, some SPF officer already break hand break leg already and dun want come out ,cos once out, they cannot get much job already, but it's very mentally rewarding when u kick a criminal ass into prison. You will have more off in SPF as compared to other A, C or S becos your duties at several times is very mentally demanding and you will need the rest. Hear SPF some frontline restricting and their Frontline players will get to have weekly training. In my regular time, there is barely time for retraining, eg. Time dedicated to let you train for IPPT. So many new officers out from HTA often start having difficulty with IPPT after about 4 to 5 years. When they implement, God knows.
If u r into extreme action and does not wear specs and below age 30 with IPPT Silver, try CNB and SPF. If fail go C and beef up while waiting for next attempt and next attempt is 6 mths later. Several SPF wannabe temp themselves in C.

If you have certain skills sets such as networking, very good sales skills, HR, business management skills, architecture skill etc, work in private sector as will skill will develop and pay will rise much faster then gov job. Most of my peers in private already earnings 4k plus to 7k plus basic qnd they get to retire at 65 while uniform group retire at 55. so eventually pte will win. So do pick up secondary skill while in uniform.
As for me, I major with Bsc in finance so earnings side income while in C and hope to do recuitment for C and ex-org SPF. I ORD from SAF, so I got many uniform.
SAF only got to sign on for 6 years, some SAF whom didn't get 2nd contract to work in SAF also come C as SAF jobs is not perm.
If U r married,I "think" dun waste time in SPF or CNB, I didn't see any married young man or woman in training school except the INSP course. Moreover your spouse will worried for u in SPF or CNB. If married, go C. A and S might be too much OT for Married individuals
Hope this helps to offer you the options available.
If you need more career advise, on C or SPF, I be glad to help. Pm me, can put me as referral for C.
Anyway, SPF jobs is perm, those whom stay more then 10 years in service get to enjoy more pay then any C, A or S easily. Hence long term SPF is the best choice but risk involved. But since different people got difference preference and circumstances not all people willing stay in SPF for long and many throw the towel along the years. Many SPF retiree or SPF fallout in C also and they are trainer or assessor in C. Heard rumours and saw some neighborhood sectors is now patrol by C already. Cos SPF always very picky on recuitment and end up lack of manpower and need to sub con to C to do policing work. So eventually U do NPC work.btw, SPF if thing happen OT, got no OT pay, many inside will start grumbling. In C, if let say SPF need to people but all drain out, C got OT pay.
The paradox, SPF people see C, A or S as security guards.
C, A and S see poor SPF no OT pay. I also surprised C -CPL drawing the salary of SPF-SSS. Some want rank , some want $.
If desperate need it money go C, A or S, and whack OT(no life). Ur 24 years old CPL salary can be more then SSS (33 years old)

Blowpipe

Reaction score
Remember uniformed services is 24hr shift job. Though well paid but is not for everyone. If u join because you think is a relaxed easy job, better think twice. U need to stand on your feet or sit for long hours. Endure crazy customers temper, yr bosses nonsesnse & regulatory demands. Often u feel that your bossess also no balls to stand up for you. Just endure fxxxx by unreasonable customers.

cz287cj

Reaction score
How is it being well paid?

Remember uniformed services is 24hr shift job. Though well paid but is not for everyone. If u join because you think is a relaxed easy job, better think twice. U need to stand on your feet or sit for long hours. Endure crazy customers temper, yr bosses nonsesnse & regulatory demands. Often u feel that your bossess also no balls to stand up for you. Just endure fxxxx by unreasonable customers.

Blowpipe

Reaction score
Typical APO Gross Pay

PC (Completed Secondary)- ($2500)
Cpl (Completed Higher/Nitec)- ($3000)
Sgt (Diploma/Degree)- ($4000)

Roland216

Reaction score
Hi Roland, what are the criteria for C unarmed APO posts? e.g. weight, age, etc...

Unarm APO, just required you to have the basic common sense s there will be a simple test of many many mcq. Unarm is not required to pass IPPT nor shooting. Hence you won't be carrying nay firearms.
Generally so long you are not too old> 45 or so, I think should be fine. Just need to walk to the job site. Simple bag check and PMD check as feature in channel news Asia.
Usually unarm will not be assigned to tough task. Tough task refer to, patrol with SPF, stand under Sun jaga traffic, walk up and down long distances for 1 or 2 hours.

Precise requirement i am not sure, but I am sure it's requirement is not difficult to meet.

Roland216

Reaction score
How many hours they work each month?

I may be wrong but agar agar about this range for the pay stated above

Singaporean/PR
PC about 250 to 260 and above
CPL/SGT about 228 to 260 above

Nonetheless. The job is more suitable for those whom are less desire office job particularly those whom like to workout and sweat during your school days.

Seems long, it doesn't means SPF hours is any shorter. Shorter I may seem on good times but when though times comes 18 to 20 hours(at least) in SPF during bad times can be expected s this happens to me in 2006 and 2007 in S with no OT pay, no off in lieu and leave cannot clear off and kena burnt and CNY is either on duty or ops ops and ops. no complaint cos I enjoy the experience sending those crooks behind bars. Am older now, desire more peace. Haha.

Roland216

Reaction score

That's right. Those with Diploma can earn up 5k plus after 12 uears in S or C from my observation. It's generally 24 hrs particularly for S.

Warrant card is issued to A, C, SATs, and SPF and all falls under the police force act. In particular, SPF warrant card is 24 hrs card.
The rest is "on duty" then got power, no duty means no power. . Any of them when assigned to State duties is deem civil servant. Great power comes with great responsibility.
I have even heard rumours of "mystery" job site where CPL gross to 5k but then again not all is suitable for that site. Mystery , u know what I mean as I shall not disclose cos it's rumours and not verified by myself anyway.

Good testing ground for those whom worried for SPF 2 year bond, the rest is 1 year bond and it include the training period also, so it isn't that bad.

cz287cj

Reaction score
Theres nothing great about their salary base on their hours work. The job is only good for those who couldn't get this kind of salary base on their education cert if they work outside.

I may be wrong but agar agar about this range for the pay stated above

Singaporean/PR
PC about 250 to 260 and above
CPL/SGT about 228 to 260 above

Nonetheless. The job is more suitable for those whom are less desire office job particularly those whom like to workout and sweat during your school days.

Seems long, it doesn't means SPF hours is any shorter. Shorter I may seem on good times but when though times comes 18 to 20 hours(at least) in SPF during bad times can be expected s this happens to me in 2006 and 2007 in S with no OT pay, no off in lieu and leave cannot clear off and kena burnt and CNY is either on duty or ops ops and ops. no complaint cos I enjoy the experience sending those crooks behind bars. Am older now, desire more peace. Haha.

xoleman

Reaction score
Can PES E in NS apply for unarmed APO in C and A? Saw a requirement somewhere and only PES A & B are wanted.

What are the job scopes for unarmed APO? Directing traffic under the hot sun? Can't possibly be guarding banks since those are armed :s11:

Last edited:

Roland216

Reaction score
Can PES E in NS apply for unarmed APO in C and A? Saw a requirement somewhere and only PES A & B are wanted.

What are the job scopes for unarmed APO? Directing traffic under the hot sun? Can't possibly be guarding banks since those are armed :s11:

Pes E unlikely to be given Unarm APO. Nonetheless, there are still many roles to filled.
There are many roles to fill up in C also. The C manpower counter is is the 5000+++ range. Pm me. Share with more details.

xoleman

Reaction score
Pes E unlikely to be given Unarm APO. Nonetheless, there are still many roles to filled.
There are many roles to fill up in C also. The C manpower counter is is the 5000+++ range. Pm me. Share with more details.

So PES E will only get security officer role if one decides to try out a job in law enforcement? Wow that sucks. That job is for retirees :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.