Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

punker

Reaction score
That's why I said it's an invisible one

Posted from PCWX using Mi 9T

Bro, it’s not even an “invisible” contract per se. The plan is no contract. $25/month for 5GB. Just that as part of the promo, Starhub is giving u free 20GB per month for 12 months. Pls correct me if my understanding is wrong. Hope this clarifies

SibehHL

Reaction score
Can explain how one can be formally bind by an invisible contract?

Will Starhub hit you with invisible penalties when one breaks the invisible contract?

That's why I said it's an invisible one

Posted from PCWX using Mi 9T

007Mi6

Reaction score
Bro, it’s not even an “invisible” contract per se. The plan is no contract. $25/month for 5GB. Just that as part of the promo, Starhub is giving u free 20GB per month for 12 months. Pls correct me if my understanding is wrong. Hope this clarifies

I think you are right.

Some telco give you 20-25GB without limitation, some like Starhub limit to 12 months and after that drops to 5GB.

To me, no issue. If don’t like, don’t sign up. Life is simple and I don’t understand why people kpkb. Maciam die die must have same plans from all telco.

Aikon

Reaction score
It's really no contract. I signed up for this and in the Starhub app, no contract start or end date, and recontract status is available.

They are just limiting all these promo items up to 12 months at that rate. They also never state 12 months contract in my service agreement. So really great deal IMHO.

Was so happy to divorce M1 and have a no strings attached affair with Starhub 🤣😜😀

Last edited:

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when in doubt, call the vendor and ask. why come here to make enemies? haha....

punker

Reaction score
It's really no contract. I signed up for this and in the Starhub app, no contract start or end date, and recontract status is available.

They are just limiting all these promo items up to 12 months at that rate. They also never state 12 months contract in my service agreement. So really great deal IMHO.

Was so happy to divorce M1 and have a no strings attached affair with Starhub 🤣😜😀

Bro how is the reception and 4G speed for Starhub compared to M1? I’m thinking to change to Starhub as well

punker

Reaction score
I think you are right.

Some telco give you 20-25GB without limitation, some like Starhub limit to 12 months and after that drops to 5GB.

To me, no issue. If don’t like, don’t sign up. Life is simple and I don’t understand why people kpkb. Maciam die die must have same plans from all telco.

Agree with u 😁

Aikon

Reaction score
Bro how is the reception and 4G speed for Starhub compared to M1? I’m thinking to change to Starhub as well

For me Starhub is so much better. M1 always got issue with slow data speeds at my office was less than 1 Mbps even at my desk. Could not take it any more, broke contract with M1. I was a multi service subscriber with a number of lines with m1. Now all broken...

My home at the window m1 has 2 bars, starhub 4 bars.

So my experience has been good.

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Initially, I also thought Circles Life had a contract due to the way they phrase the statetment. I almost missed the signing up at 11.11.

Then later, I also learnt about Shopback from this thread. I create the account and linked into CL to signup. I hope I get the $15 too.

Luckily, the people are very helpful here. Just want to say thank you to you all.

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me Starhub is so much better. M1 always got issue with slow data speeds at my office was less than 1 Mbps even at my desk. Could not take it any more, broke contract with M1. I was a multi service subscriber with a number of lines with m1. Now all broken...

My home at the window m1 has 2 bars, starhub 4 bars.

So my experience has been good.

The telco has problem with Office because they need the office to agree to install more base station. Last time, I had the problem too. I walk a few table and I have signal, but at my desk, very slow and sometimes drop.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think for example. if you send a one byte message using whats app on Vivifi, it will be deducted as 1mb.

That’s absolutely not the case, otherwise you’ll run out of data within a day or two with any smartphone by just texting, checking mail, checking weather, checking traffic status etc.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score

Certainly, Starhub Sim only is the most transparent and flexible with ‘true’ no contract.

Deal is good for what they give too for the money paid for.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
What is the minimum contractual period that I have to commit to Starhub sim only plan before I can port out again?

Zero. Technically u port in today you can port out the same day for Starhub Sim only. This is why I always feel Starhub Sim only is the best in this department.

For others like circles life, still enforce two months minimum period before can port out. if not need to pay for the two months subscription.

chocoblitz

Reaction score
Initially, I also thought Circles Life had a contract due to the way they phrase the statetment. I almost missed the signing up at 11.11.

Then later, I also learnt about Shopback from this thread. I create the account and linked into CL to signup. I hope I get the $15 too.

Luckily, the people are very helpful here. Just want to say thank you to you all.

Are you sure you can stack the 11.11 $7 deal with the Shopback $15 cashback?

Inside your Circles Life app bill page, does it show adjustments $-21 (number transfer)?

Because when I used the Shopback link, it just entered its own promo code instead of the 11.11 promo code.

UGGBKpe.jpg

Reborn

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s absolutely not the case, otherwise you’ll run out of data within a day or two with any smartphone by just texting, checking mail, checking weather, checking traffic status etc.

then? Do explain how it works. So if we send lets say 3000 whatsapp messages, which is only one byte to 999kb per message, but because of block size of 1mb, it won't be counted as 3gb usage?

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score

I switched from SingTel -> Starhub -> Circles Life (M1) now.

I can confirm that both SingTel and Starhub have no issue with coverage and speed pretty much anywhere. One can also can a speed of above 50Mbps to 70Mbps and above anytime anywhere quite easily.

For Circles Life (M1), most of the time you will get only single digit of download speed, most of the time will be 5Mbps or below. Good enough for web surfing etc with no issues though to be fair. Coverage wise I find it acceptable too so far, later I will try it out at mrt underground and shopping mall basement. For its price of $7/mo, I have no comments seriously as of now. Only complaint will be my phone battery drain, it is totally noticeable and it is really quite bad. Less than an hour time, my battery life can drops from 90%++ to 70%++, this had not been happening before when I was on SingTel and Starhub. Very likely M1 has not enough base stations and also their base stations bandwidth are totally not enough to cope with the number of users. I will force myself to use only circles life without the use with TPG today to get a more real life one day experience on it since I have 38gb more to use until 30 nov anyway.

5MRJK5.md.jpg

Starhub Sim only is still my number 1 if not becos of the CL irresistible deal though. Once my CL price reverts back to $28 after one year, I am sure to switch back to Starhub.

Last edited:

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score

Inside your Circles Life app bill page, does it show adjustments $-21 (number transfer)?

Because when I used the Shopback link, it just entered its own promo code instead of the 11.11 promo code.

UGGBKpe.jpg

I think the ShopBack term and condition is clear, however sometimes due to system glitch etc, maybe surprise thing will come? who knows.

worst case is no cashback, no harm trying. another two to months later will know if there is really cashback (unexpected). haha.

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

UGGBKpe.jpg

Oh. I don't know about the promo code. I guess cannot then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.