Macbook Pro 16 Inch officially released

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I opt for 16gb because so far most programmes 8gb is more than enough unless you are doing heavy tasking like programming etc.. Compare to your 13" 2015, is the ram enough for you?

8GB for the current. Definitely not enough. 16GB seems to be okay. 32GB will be future proof for the next 5 years+

Still deciding if it’s really worth to top up $504 for it.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I opt for 16gb because so far most programmes 8gb is more than enough unless you are doing heavy tasking like programming etc.. Compare to your 13" 2015, is the ram enough for you?

Heck, i find 8gb ram like quite taxing for my usual stuff

No hardcore processing by the way.

Just email, running 2 whatsapp, webpages etc

16gb should be the minimum

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heck, i find 8gb ram like quite taxing for my usual stuff

No hardcore processing by the way.

Just email, running 2 whatsapp, webpages etc

16gb should be the minimum

Thanks for your contribution. Definitely helping me to decide for the 32GB at this rate.

ksksksks

Reaction score
Saw it available in store. Couldn’t think straight :s13:

Think for my usage should be sufficient. Save some moolah. Got 2 weeks to play with. If really need an upgrade, can just return.

Very happy with the set. Gonna keep this for a quite awhile :D
It’s better for you to upgrade to that 8GB GPU for just $140.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw it available in store. Couldn’t think straight :s13:

Think for my usage should be sufficient. Save some moolah. Got 2 weeks to play with. If really need an upgrade, can just return.

Very happy with the set. Gonna keep this for a quite awhile :D

Yes this is the best MacBook Pro since the 2015 model haha

Last edited:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
really depend what u using it for

are u facing a lot of slow down on ur current setup? if photo/video editing, 32GB RAM would be recommended.

I don’t do video editing but photo editing and 16GB is sufficient. If video maybe 32GB.

rahul49

Master Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the 8core i9, 1TB model be available for buying in store?
It seems to be the most reasonably priced upgrade from base model, I have ever seen from Apple.

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your contribution. Definitely helping me to decide for the 32GB at this rate.

I am currently using a 8GB MacBook Pro 2017. Able to run Photoshop, WhatsApp, Xcode, Safari and Chrome all at the same time with no issue. Just that compiling project not so fast but I think there is more to do with the processing power.

I feel 32GB necessary if you running 1-2 VMs in addition to your normal tasks. I am trying to convince myself to get the 16GB one.. :s13:

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the 8core i9, 1TB model be available for buying in store?
It seems to be the most reasonably priced upgrade from base model, I have ever seen from Apple.

I thought it should be more or less the same from the base model after adding the upgrades?

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don’t do video editing but photo editing and 16GB is sufficient. If video maybe 32GB.

32GB for video, 16GB for photo editing.

no point having more if not using it much. unless the cost is not so huge for the Ram increase. else 16GB really more than enuff.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am currently using a 8GB MacBook Pro 2017. Able to run Photoshop, WhatsApp, Xcode, Safari and Chrome all at the same time with no issue. Just that compiling project not so fast but I think there is more to do with the processing power.

I feel 32GB necessary if you running 1-2 VMs in addition to your normal tasks. I am trying to convince myself to get the 16GB one.. :s13:

Nah even 1-2 VMs is enough with 16GB RAM. It’s a Mac not a PC by the way.

rahul49

Master Member
Reaction score
If you buy base model and add the cpu, gfx card and storage upgrades, it costs 4279$. So you save 280$ by buying the 3999$ model.

Anyway I have bought it today. This model is available in Apple store at Orchard. Got it in space grey.

My first Mac. Have upgraded from Surface Book 1.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you buy base model and add the cpu, gfx card and storage upgrades, it costs 4279$. So you save 280$ by buying the 3999$ model.

Anyway I have bought it today. This model is available in Apple store at Orchard. Got it in space grey.

My first Mac. Have upgraded from Surface Book 1.

Yes cos you saved by not going to the 2.4Ghz CPU directly which is the only CPU the $3299 model able to upgrade to.

The 2.3Ghz CPU is only available for the $3999 model and to get that, you have to go with 1TB minimum.

Apple doesn’t allow you to go with 512GB with 2.3Ghz CPU. They are smart indeed with the config.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.