Macbook Pro 16 Inch officially released

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Just went to try out the 16” MBP at Jewel Apple Store. Overall beautiful machine with gorgeous display, the scissors mechanism’s tactile feedback also slightly different from my 2015 15” MBP.

There’s also a 2.4GHz 8-core i9 with 32GB RAM, 8GB 5500 graphics and 2TB SSD config, going for $5538 which is not stated in Apple’s website.

The base model looks attractive enough. Totally beaten the 2019 15-inch gao gal and again cheaper with so many improved features.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The base model looks attractive enough. Totally beaten the 2019 15-inch gao gal and again cheaper with so many improved features.

Specs definitely better, but I find the base model should also use Core i9.

ksksksks

Reaction score
Yes I was wondering why battery drain so fast :(

Hopefully not just me

I'm using Ps and Lr but more on Lr. On my current machine already can manage well, so can imagine the 16"! :eek:

But only thing is, drain batt quite fast.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I was wondering why battery drain so fast :(

Hopefully not just me

Lightroom for example, uses quite a bit of RAM for editing photos and internal fan revs up and temperature goes up, hence draining the battery.

Every time I use Lightroom and spent over an hr or two editing photos, battery can drop to almost half.

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow. You guys are all paying educational pricing ah. Everyone refer to the base model price as $3299.

ksksksks

Reaction score
Maybe too used to iMac and MAC mini for the past 2-3 years. Seeing battery goes off is so unusual :s13:

Lightroom for example, uses quite a bit of RAM for editing photos and internal fan revs up and temperature goes up, hence draining the battery.

Every time I use Lightroom and spent over an hr or two editing photos, battery can drop to almost half.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe too used to iMac and MAC mini for the past 2-3 years. Seeing battery goes off is so unusual :s13:

Haha....that’s the difference between non-portable and portable, or should I say needed AC to run and battery powered.

I’ve never used any desktop macs before, only MBPs and my current one is only the 2nd MBP I’ve ever bought.

Forcecore

Reaction score
I don’t know actually. I’ve tried many ways but this one works best.

I don’t know if Apple has a power management chip to cut supply off at 100% too.

Hmm even when you aren’t using it you still plug in the charger ?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don’t know actually. I’ve tried many ways but this one works best.

I don’t know if Apple has a power management chip to cut supply off at 100% too.

It should have. My 2015 model bought since launch, but I always run via battery, low batt plug in to charge and unplug when full, then run on batt again.

Till now batt capacity still around 88%.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Officially gotten my MacBook Pro today. After thinking for so long, settled with the 16GB ram.

c9CrqVD.jpg

I really like the marketing image.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.