The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Value is relative... 1660 Ti is much better than 1060 for example.

Only you can determine what's "value" to you. For hard numbers, benchmarks help.

Tbh, I read a lot of people talking about depends on what games I play before deciding what build do I need.... honestly I don’t know really know what game I wanna play yet.... sorry sounds retarded.... maybe d4 when it’s out and probably Android emulator for my mobile games .... most of time time I’ll be running my vm on virtualbox for software testing
I’m using surface pro 5 now with dual 27monitor... the fan spin like mad whenever I do something taxing like virtualbox and browser at the same time.... or probably I should just get a amd 3400g for the time being until I decide what game later on

Another reason I wanna build is also I manage to get my hands on a sentry2.0 case..... heehee

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tbh, I read a lot of people talking about depends on what games I play before deciding what build do I need.... honestly I don’t know really know what game I wanna play yet.... sorry sounds retarded.... maybe d4 when it’s out and probably Android emulator for my mobile games .... most of time time I’ll be running my vm on virtualbox for software testing
I’m using surface pro 5 now with dual 27monitor... the fan spin like mad whenever I do something taxing like virtualbox and browser at the same time.... or probably I should just get a amd 3400g for the time being until I decide what game later on

Another reason I wanna build is also I manage to get my hands on a sentry2.0 case..... heehee

VMs and virtualbox just need a good CPU and RAM. If you get a 3400G, it's a decent all in one chip, but you are getting a "weaker" CPU compared to a 3700x, etc. That will impact your VMs and virtualbox.

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VMs and virtualbox just need a good CPU and RAM. If you get a 3400G, it's a decent all in one chip, but you are getting a "weaker" CPU compared to a 3700x, etc. That will impact your VMs and virtualbox.

Guess I should go 3700x + 1660 + 32gb ram instead?
Is ASRock x570 itx worth the money it just ASRock b450 itx will do

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same...my current temperature...
idling - less than 45
full load - less than 62

aio is for cool looking & "so-call" performance, not value for money especially to 24/7.
scAVnRw.jpg

lol $16 sgd cpu cooler....:s13:

Viwz2ll.jpg

Recv my Ryzen yst, as expected, my old Hyper 212evo unable to fit on it (need the newer AM4 mounting bracket). Using the stock heatsink for time being, ~60-70°c :eek: at just ~40% cpu load average.

i noticed the clock speed is automatically bumped up to 3975GHz @ x39.8 ratio (base speed supposedly 3.6GHz) despite me having every options off in bios (MSI tomahawk max), which could possibly the cause for the higher temp than expected?

Afterwhich i tried tweaking with the MSI Command Center to pull back the ratio back to default of x36 and applied, however it just doesnt works and stick to 39.75 :s22:

Last edited:

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recv my Ryzen yst, as expected, my old Hyper 212evo unable to fit on it (need the newer AM4 mounting bracket). Using the stock heatsink for time being, ~60-70°c :eek: at just ~40% cpu load average.

i noticed the clock speed is automatically bumped up to 3975GHz @ x39.8 ratio (base speed supposedly 3.6GHz) despite me having every options off in bios (MSI tomahawk max), which could possibly the cause for the higher temp than expected?

Afterwhich i tried tweaking with the MSI Command Center to pull back the ratio back to default of x36 and applied, however it just doesnt works and stick to 39.75 :s22:

You should use Ryzen Master to down-clock.

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wow u so fast....i still camping mb & m.2. :o
they said need to disable core enhancement.....
I've just built a new system with the 3600 stock cooler+b450 gaming plus max, but the CPU get hot very easy and in prime20 test I've reached 90 with 2 minutes or so
Is this a normal behavior of the 3600 or something is really wrong ?
got a new Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte B450 Gaming X (Bios updated to F41 following the correct steps "noted" in the bios page), and 2 x Adata Spextrix XPG 8GB DDR4 3200 CL16 memory dimms (2 days ago).

Made a clean Win10 (1903) instalation and have all the latest drivers (from mobo page). I got Ryzen Master and the Ryzen Balanced Plan as Windows power plan option. Also in BIOS I disabled all PBO options in AMD CBS and AMD Overclocking (I mean the Precision Boost Overdrive, NOT the Precision Boost which is set to Auto - B450 BIOS call this last one something like Core Performance Boost).

As many described already, some new Ryzen 3000 CPU + Mobo are having issues with idle volatge, temps and cooler speed.

In my case, everything is set to auto on BIOS (other than the PBO I mentioned) and made a "load default" + "save and exit" after every bios update (till I got to version F41).
wh1KApU.jpg

Power-Saver-Plan.jpg

Ryzen-High-Perf.jpg

All right, yeah I'm planning to get during 12.12 (hopefully the sales/deals are better than black friday)
for ur reference
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK -lazada $184 - $20 -$20 = $144
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK -shopee $186 - $12 - $12 -15 = $147

chaoprokia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same...my current temperature...
idling - less than 45
full load - less than 62

aio is for cool looking & "so-call" performance, not value for money especially to 24/7.
scAVnRw.jpg

lol $16 sgd cpu cooler....:s13:

Viwz2ll.jpg

Opps sorry. Saw the Noise for T6 looks good

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wh1KApU.jpg

Power-Saver-Plan.jpg

Ryzen-High-Perf.jpg

for ur reference
Thanks, found & turned off the PBO aka Precision Boost Overdrive in bios and fixed it, dropped 15-20°c instantly.

Tried the windows power saver mode too and it underclock to 2200MHz which is a little too much lol

Strangely I'm unable to install Ryzen Master & the MSI command center is unable to override clockspeed.

Faster chope your mb on 12.12 and can enjoy your new rig lol.

Looking out for aftermarket cooler deal?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Excedar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

for ur reference

Thanks thanks!

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wh1KApU.jpg

Power-Saver-Plan.jpg

Ryzen-High-Perf.jpg

for ur reference

Nice. Still too bad for no ARGB pin . I wasted 60 more bucks for msi carbon ac.
Well as long as its MSI you can't go wrong in the b450 category cause they all have best VRM thermals in B450 :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.