[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those player wanting more button will get a nacon already..
And GG to the battery life of DS4

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

Elysium87

Reaction score
DualShock 4 Back Button Attachment
US$29.99

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/12/17/introducing-the-dualshock-4-back-button-attachment/

• Responsive Back Buttons and High-fidelity OLED Screen: The two back buttons can map up to 16 different actions such as triangle, circle, R1 and R2 to name a few and provide amazing tactile feedback, so you can jump and slide without missing a beat. The attachment also features an integrated OLED display that provides real time information around button assignments.
  • Highly Configurable: A dedicated button allows you to remap back button inputs on the fly, so you are always prepared no matter what game you’re playing. Furthermore, you can save and choose up to three different profiles for use in various games and there is also a headset pass-through for connecting any 3.5mm wired headset to the controller.
  • Developed by PlayStation: The product is tested and approved for all of your favorite PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR titles, and is built with the ergonomics of the DS4 in mind.

so how does it really works? instead of pressing the usual L2 R2 combo, just press the bottom/back of that new device?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
so how does it really works? instead of pressing the usual L2 R2 combo, just press the bottom/back of that new device?
The existing buttons still works. This just adds 2 more buttons, which you can program. There are some third party pro controllers with something similar, but they have a paddle shape, which will be much easier to press than this Sony one.

I don't know why they put the LED on the bottom, shouldn't it be facing upward so you can see it?

mliolukiye

Reaction score
I don't know why they put the LED on the bottom, shouldn't it be facing upward so you can see it?

To place the oled display facing the player may not be aesthetically pleasing to some. Imagine the round display bulging at the headphone jack area and kind of wasting the space behind as well.

But I still agree with you - always have to turn it around to check display is a hassle. Perhaps they should have a mini display at the attachment's small area facing the player or just have the microphone read off the current configuration for player to listen, like (left button: L1, right button: R1) without having to turn it.

Since the design is already fixed, it would good to have the "read off" I mentioned cos they don't already have it yeah?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
To place the oled display facing the player may not be aesthetically pleasing to some. Imagine the round display bulging at the headphone jack area and kind of wasting the space behind as well.

But I still agree with you - always have to turn it around to check display is a hassle. Perhaps they should have a mini display at the attachment's small area facing the player or just have the microphone read off the current configuration for player to listen, like (left button: L1, right button: R1) without having to turn it.

Since the design is already fixed, it would good to have the "read off" I mentioned cos they don't already have it yeah?
I assume the big round LED is a button that you can click to swap the button assignment (circle through 5 profiles, preprogrammed by you, or something). Problem with it being at the bottom is that you can easily click on it accidentally and you cannot see it without any display facing the player.

They said you can assign the 2 buttons to replicate 16 buttons. I hope they actually show what they can be assigned to. If it's just existing buttons, not very useful. I wish it has turbo function and macro function (so you click 1 button it generates a string of buttons).

mliolukiye

Reaction score
I assume the big round LED is a button that you can click to swap the button assignment (circle through 5 profiles, preprogrammed by you, or something). Problem with it being at the bottom is that you can easily click on it accidentally and you cannot see it without any display facing the player.

They said you can assign the 2 buttons to replicate 16 buttons. I hope they actually show what they can be assigned to. If it's just existing buttons, not very useful. I wish it has turbo function and macro function (so you click 1 button it generates a string of buttons).

Yeah, that round button can be pressed and can save up to 3 profiles max. I think the 16 buttons are the existing ones if you count them (incl. Touch pad's L & R, L3 & R3). The back buttons look like they have some resistance (long & thick piece) and have to be pressed with force. Lets hope SONY designs it with the fingers-button proximity in mind else a gg product - Annoyance more than convenience.

Personally, I don't know what I'll use them for except for a more convenient reach when shoulder buttons are a stretch or when 2 buttons are to be pressed simultaneously at the same time. (e.g. Nioh's Living Weapon activation: Triangle + Circle, especially for those whose thumbs aren't long enough to press both together or some odd combo like a Down + Circle when you need to use the left stick to move at the same time.)

DrBaldwin

Reaction score
Yeah, that round button can be pressed and can save up to 3 profiles max. I think the 16 buttons are the existing ones if you count them (incl. Touch pad's L & R, L3 & R3). The back buttons look like they have some resistance (long & thick piece) and have to be pressed with force. Lets hope SONY designs it with the fingers-button proximity in mind else a gg product - Annoyance more than convenience.

Personally, I don't know what I'll use them for except for a more convenient reach when shoulder buttons are a stretch or when 2 buttons are to be pressed simultaneously at the same time. (e.g. Nioh's Living Weapon activation: Triangle + Circle, especially for those whose thumbs aren't long enough to press both together or some odd combo like a Down + Circle when you need to use the left stick to move at the same time.)

I can think of how it may be useful for FPS, for example, jump is usually the X button. In order to jump u would have to lift your right thumb from the right thumb stick in order to press the X button. In doing so, you wont be able to aim in that 1-2 seconds. By assigning X to the right rear pedal, u can jump and not lose control over your aim.

dagobah

Reaction score
Free #GhostOfTsushima PS4 Dynamic Theme

Rest of Asia: DHLN-HANF-F6LH

Codes expire Jan 31, 2020

EMf_Ps4U8AA1Quv

https://twitter.com/SuckerPunchProd/status/1209215690588057601

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just went to rebuy a copy of Witcher after watching the series.

symbiote28

Reaction score
Just went to rebuy a copy of Witcher after watching the series.

gave it a chance yesterday and tried playing it again for the 3rd time but i just can't get into it. this games has been in my digital library since 2016 but i guess not really my kind of game.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Ssd in a ps4 will not make any significant difference according to users who made the swap.
Depends on game. Monster Hunter World players have been switching to SSD to reduce the loading time. They calculated that it saves them a few minutes every time they launch into the open world, saving a couple of hours each week.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.