How to buy steam games cheap

iantzr

Reaction score
Hi guys, just sharing a tip for buying games cheap on steam.

Here's what I found out, you can buy cheap $100 USD steam credits at carousell around $100 - $107~, which saves you around $29~ since USD conversion is about $136 SGD.

(Before I go further, note that I am not trying to advertise anything here, I don't know anything about VPN software so I engaged a carouseller to purchase on my account.)

To save further more, refer to this youtube link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjeUXM9mU_c&feature=youtu.be

This is the TigerVPN free trial to change the store, link here https://guide.tigervpn.com/en/articles/639039-free-trial , afterwards change the timezone setting on your computer and also change mobile steam guard if you have to email instead.

Just sharing my 2 cents. Not advertising anything, I found this out when enquiring a steam carouseller who purchase a game by logging into my account, I can actually continue to purchase games through the cheaper region using steam credits since it only checks for the correct region credit card, but steam credits is universal. It doesn't trace your IP for buying from another region store.

A steam carouseller who logs in to your account to purchase a game, will take a commission for every game. Say the lowest currency conversion is about $30 SGD for a game that cost $60 in SG store, he will give a price of $40 for the game. If you keep with the same region, and purchase cheap steam credits at a cheap currency rate, you save even more.

Last edited:

VisitorX

Reaction score
Hi guys, just sharing a tip for buying games cheap on steam.

Here's what I found out, you can buy cheap $100 USD steam credits at carousell around $100 - $107~, which saves you around $29~ since USD conversion is about $136 SGD.

(Before I go further, note that I am not trying to advertise anything here, I don't know anything about VPN software so I engaged a carouseller to purchase on my account.)

To save further more, you can contact carouseller who logs in your account and change your steam store region via VPN for the best conversion rate and cheapest games say Peso. This way you saves the most. Buying directly via credit card at your own Singapore store is the most expensive.

Just sharing my 2 cents. Not advertising anything, I found this out when enquiring a steam carouseller who purchase a game by logging into my account, I can actually continue to purchase games through the cheaper region using steam credits since it only checks for the correct region credit card, but steam credits is universal. It doesn't trace your IP for buying from another region store.

A steam carouseller who logs in to your account to purchase a game, will take a commission for every game. Say the lowest currency conversion is about $30 SGD for a game that cost $60 in SG store, he will give a price of $40 for the game. If you keep with the same region, and purchase cheap steam credits at a cheap currency rate, you save even more.

what happen if he lock out your account?

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Or you can use vpn to logon as neighbor country like indonesia or malaysia etc for their price...

However, note that frequently doing that will get banned.

iantzr

Reaction score
Yeah I do it once in a very long time, no reason to change back actually. This time i stayed in Azerbaijan. I think Argentine Pesos is the cheapest currency though. No reason to keep changing countries. Just stay in that country. So far I bought, tried and refunded a few games still being in the same country. No issues.

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Overall, is it safe to do so? This is best way to have the cheapest value for the games?

iantzr

Reaction score
Overall, is it safe to do so? This is best way to have the cheapest value for the games?

Considering you get the steam credits and at a lower price than you paid for, and also getting the game at a cheap currency. I think it's the cheapest always. I used to buy from CD key sites.

Definitely cheaper than getting carouseller to buy for you or gift to you because they charge a decent commission for themselves.

Ah Ken

Reaction score
So buy from the credits through these carousell sellers and then use VPN to switch regions?

Sent from LG G5 using GAGT

iantzr

Reaction score
Yeah, so far this the cheapest way I found. Can't beat. Better than buying from carouseller who log in to your account and do the same thing but charge comission

Elysium87

Reaction score
there's lots of cheap carousell sellers (with high reviews) who does log in to your account and buy games for u.
alternative u can use vpn and go to cheap region and buy, those seller also do the same. the problem is your account might get ban if unlucky.

but afterall there's still security, there are some who gift u, i prefer that.

Last edited:

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Thanks bro for this great advice!

I have tried it, I bought the steam credits, $100usd for SGD$106. It converts to SGD$135.57 based on Steam exchange rates. Next, I change my region to Argentina and so my Steam wallet also converts and I bought the games that I long wanted for damn cheap! Very worth it!

Now my account remains in Argentina, I only use VPN when changing region. After that, normal gaming can resume already.

Now sales + Argentina currency makes it so worth!:s13:

Thanks for this advice!!

iantzr

Reaction score

I have tried it, I bought the steam credits, $100usd for SGD$106. It converts to SGD$135.57 based on Steam exchange rates. Next, I change my region to Argentina and so my Steam wallet also converts and I bought the games that I long wanted for damn cheap! Very worth it!

Now my account remains in Argentina, I only use VPN when changing region. After that, normal gaming can resume already.

Thanks for this advice!!

Awesome! Really glad to help. I realised this myself when engaging one of these sellers, actually can save even more. Now my steam store is in Argentina, no reason to change it back atm as there's cooldown.

What vpn you use? I use tigervpn but 3 days trial.

socrates

Reaction score
A few questions:

1) How does buying steam credits from a carousell seller work? pay them the money and they transfer to your steam account ? Why not buy credits from steam or other sources directly like https://www.eneba.com/steam-steam-gift-card-20-steam-key-global?

2) What do you do with the leftover steam credits after purchasing ? Can it be refunded back into cash on steam?

3) Possible after changing to different country steam, to use credit card or paypal to pay?

Quite ignorant on all this so appreciate advice given. Thanks

Last edited:

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks for this advice!!

What kind of address do you use for Argentina? A random one?

I used to use the Malaysian region cos just released games like Gears 5 was being sold at half the price available in Singapore. Paid $30+ as opposed to $60+ on release day. :s13:

But then for some reason, Steam keep on rejecting my credit card. Called bank, nothing wrong with it. So confirmed it was Steam not allowing more purchases so went back to Singapore store.

iantzr

Reaction score
What kind of address do you use for Argentina? A random one?

I used to use the Malaysian region cos just released games like Gears 5 was being sold at half the price available in Singapore. Paid $30+ as opposed to $60+ on release day. :s13:

But then for some reason, Steam keep on rejecting my credit card. Called bank, nothing wrong with it. So confirmed it was Steam not allowing more purchases so went back to Singapore store.

I used C1001 postal code, just google city of "bueono aires postal code".
For city, state, Bueno Aires. For address you can type anything you want, Bueno Aires, for example.

And of course, you can't purchase games from another region with your local credit credit. My region is set in Argentina. I buy steam credits which is automatically converted to pesos, I don't use my SG credit card.

iantzr

Reaction score
A few questions:

1) How does buying steam credits from a carousell seller work? pay them the money and they transfer to your steam account ? Why not buy credits from steam or other sources directly like https://www.eneba.com/steam-steam-gift-card-20-steam-key-global?

2) What do you do with the leftover steam credits after purchasing ? Can it be refunded back into cash on steam?

3) Possible after changing to different country steam, to use credit card or paypal to pay?

Quite ignorant on all this so appreciate advice given. Thanks

1. You paynow them, and they will give you the code which you enter in your steam account.
Reason for buying steam credit is because they sell at a cheap conversion rate, $107~ SGD for $100 USD, normal currency rate, $100 usd is equivalent to $136 sgd. Do the math

2. Just keep the leftover steam credits, it cannot be refunded

3. You can't as they require a local credit card. Why use credit card when you can buy steam credits cheaper?

socrates

Reaction score
If you buy a game from steam in China, CIS, Argentina etc, is possible that might have a problem with it being in foreign language (not in English) or maybe region locked and cannot be installed or played in Singapore?

iantzr

Reaction score
If you buy a game from steam in China, CIS, Argentina etc, is possible that might have a problem with it being in foreign language (not in English) or maybe region locked and cannot be installed or played in Singapore?

Absolutely not, go to the game page, language column and see the supported languages. I bought AC: Odyssey today, it started in english, didn't even go to the Argentina native language. Just stay in the argentina store. No reason to change back unless there's a singapore exclusive game. Don't think there's region lock. You can even install DotA and play on SEA. The store region doesn't affect anything.

socrates

Reaction score
Thanks Iantzr.

So in argentina steam store, I will be buying in steam wallet USD or SGD credits?
So in the argentina steam store, red dead redemption is being sold at USD$ 33.47 or SGD 45.34 .
If I just want to buy this game I should go to carousel and buy steam wallet worth in USD 40 credits or SGD 50 credits?

Can you send your link to which carousel seller you buy the credits from?

All this is new to me, thanks for your patience and tips.

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Allow me to answer your questions, I am not the real pro haha!

I wanted to buy Jurassic World, Planet Zoo and several games for myself and my siblings to share and play. I had two steam accounts, so to test this thing out and avoid any ban to my main account that I have my monster hunter in it, I tried on my 2nd account that I used to collect free games.

I find ways to get steam games cheap until I come across this bro's thread. I began my research and came across the same youtube link as this bro too. So I followed on. I found this Carousell seller that fits the description from this bro and ask seller for the steam wallet rates.

This seller has his own website that shows the current market rate. The rate changes like very 15-30mins. Lowest rate should be SGD$106 and highest should be SGD$109 or $110. The seller also very kind to give constant reminder that the rates is declining or inclining. The seller apparently has a US supplier/partner that is providing him with steam wallet codes.

Once I paylah him, I receive my steam wallet code immediately. The seller also prefer that I enter the code on my own but he did offer his help to login as I was busy working. I went ahead to do it on my own. Enter the code and steam immediately displays the conversion of USD to SGD. In this manner, I already earn some steam cash liao.

Next, to further gain from this. I change my region to Argentina. TAKE NOTE! There is a cooling time period before you can change region!! They will display the date and time when you are allowed to change. The date and time is follow the Argentina time not Singapore. - This cooling period is given due to the recent purchase/entry of the Steam wallet code. This should be Steam trying to stop people exploiting and use this method to purchase games with different region during special sales period. But if you can wait and the sales of those games you want is still on, then why not?! HAHA! And also most games' sales doesn't end immediately...

After I waited, should be about 24 hours, I change region and my Steam wallet converts from SGD to Argentina Pesos. Next time I just chiong and buy the games I want. I understand that if you choose to gift, Steam may stop you but I cannot confirm this. I just buy and install into this Argentina account.

Now I have Pesos balance, so I shall keep until I find games to buy. Next time, just top up into this wallet. Steam Wallet cannot be withdraw out...

I am not using VPN after I change my region. Games play as per normal. And yes I also use the Tiger VPN free trial.

My address I use as per instructed in the Youtube video. For my street address I use my own Singapore block and street name while postal code and city belongs to Argentina! :s13::s13:

That's all! Very happy with this, save money too in order to play this games...:D

Last edited:

socrates

Reaction score
Thanks Ken for your long reply and experience.

1) So now you still have 2 steam accounts, 1 Singapore and 1 Argentina one? Never thought of that. No problem playing games on either one?

2) After you created your Argentina account and the trial VPN has ended, can you access the Argentina account to buy games without using VPN and your own computer time still showing Singapore time zone?

3) Can you send me the link to the carousell seller you bought from? Any idea why the rates for the steam wallet changes so rapidly? Due to demand?

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.