Perth (Lots of advice & help needed please!)

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hihi, Im planning family trip to Perth sometime June next year. Looking to stay for 7N, fly back on day 8. I hope to limit my budget to < 2k (exclude meal) per person.

We cant drive so self drive is out :(. Also due to my nature of work, my leave is inflexible and fix at 2 weeks each in June and Dec. At such, we cant join group tour.

I need advise, anyone know of any good F&E or land tour can recommend me?

Thanks!

Just have to google perth local tours and choose from there, within Perth still can take trains/buses or taxis to get around.

awhw

Reaction score
Adding to what Beano has said, as long as you have already pre-booked the car, it will be available for pick-up. The car rental counter in the terminal would probably be closed. They will put a sign on the counter top, instructing you to go out of the terminal, and go towards the car-rental car park. Each of those big-names rental companies will have a small container office located at the carpark.

Please note that there are 2 car-rental carparks. They are spaced quite far apart (10-minute slow walk), so don't go to the wrong one. I'm sure the sign will tell you exactly where and how to go.

Hi anyone travel via Qantas to Perth before? The flight will only reach at around 12am in Perth. Anyone know if we can still get the car if we wanted to rent? Will it be difficult to drive to City at midnight? Also SGD550 is it a good price to travel in Jun? TIA

babytohox

Reaction score
Adding to what Beano has said, as long as you have already pre-booked the car, it will be available for pick-up. The car rental counter in the terminal would probably be closed. They will put a sign on the counter top, instructing you to go out of the terminal, and go towards the car-rental car park. Each of those big-names rental companies will have a small container office located at the carpark.

Please note that there are 2 car-rental carparks. They are spaced quite far apart (10-minute slow walk), so don't go to the wrong one. I'm sure the sign will tell you exactly where and how to go.

Thanks for the advise!

babytohox

Reaction score
Rule of thumb is, as long there are flights, the rental co. will be opened..

No issues driving during mn, even better still the roads are clear..

$550 for full service is normal during that period

Thanks for the advise!

battledome64

Master Member
Reaction score
Any idea if driving in Perth is similar to SG? I remember there is a Right turn hook but that’s in CBD only?

Also when booking do you use Hertz or Sixt?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea if driving in Perth is similar to SG? I remember there is a Right turn hook but that’s in CBD only?

That's only in Melb. Perth is easy, wide roads and open space..

Noel789

Reaction score
Driving in Perth is stress free, as compared to SG. Cars will slow down for you when you signal. No horns and high beams.

awhw

Reaction score

I always rent from Thrifty. But that's just my personal preference. A popular rental company is No Birds.

Jack875

Reaction score
This is especially tru when you go outside of the city, however renting cars in perth can get expensive and you need to watch out for all the hidden fees!

Jack875

Reaction score
Mainly depends on which terminal you land in T1/T2 you should be fine, but the drive during midnight should be really easy they roads are well lit and you will face little to no traffic

battledome64

Master Member
Reaction score
Driving in Perth is stress free, as compared to SG. Cars will slow down for you when you signal. No horns and high beams.

Appreciate the info. Intend to drive to Pinnacle and some car rental companies do not cover unsealed roads.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the info. Intend to drive to Pinnacle and some car rental companies do not cover unsealed roads.

Big 4 definitely ok, anyway the path within pinnacle is flat and all sand.. shouldn't be any issue.

GReddy G9 RS

Reaction score
Pinnacles road is flat n firm.
UvDxkdnl.jpg

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 20 using GAGT

subprimelive

Reaction score
any suggestion where to buy plain macademia nuts at wholesale prices? usually the nuts are flavoured when i buy from the markets and price expensive

jc777

Reaction score
Can try Kakulas Brothers along William Street, Northbridge, near Perth CBD.
any suggestion where to buy plain macademia nuts at wholesale prices? usually the nuts are flavoured when i buy from the markets and price expensive

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try Kakulas Brothers along William Street, Northbridge, near Perth CBD.

Kakulas brothers not very cheap also but they have a huge variety of nuts and spices. Can also buy from some of the supermarkets.

Reaction score
Apparently bros, PERTH is the world's 21st best city to live in - Sydney held onto its 10th position, Melbourne ranked 15th, followed by Perth, Adelaide at 27, Canberra 28 and Brisbane 36.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.