Sydney

aearthr

Reaction score
I just went Sydney in Sep. Like Scenic World in Blue Mountain. The train, tram, cable car rides were good. Would recommend to buy the tickets from Klook. And instead of charging to AUD currency, please choose SGD currency which is at a cheaper rate. Also do not buy the explorer hop on hop off at Blue Mountain. Their local bus is enough to travel around the place and the place is so much more cheaper.

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just came back from SYD. Some price comparisons for those who may be interested.

the prices of Swisse supplements there are perhaps 50% cheaper than those we have in SG.

Chobani yogurt in SG = $16.20. It's AU$5.99 over there.

QV skin products also really cheaper there.

bernicecly

Reaction score
Sydney is a really nice place.. personally loved Blue Mountains a lot even though it's a long journey there. Highly recommend to buy groceries and cook at home cause eating out is expensive.. plus most shops close at 5pm haha

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just came back from SYD. Some price comparisons for those who may be interested.

the prices of Swisse supplements there are perhaps 50% cheaper than those we have in SG.

Chobani yogurt in SG = $16.20. It's AU$5.99 over there.

QV skin products also really cheaper there.

Usually these are the items that are cheaper

Sydney is a really nice place.. personally loved Blue Mountains a lot even though it's a long journey there. Highly recommend to buy groceries and cook at home cause eating out is expensive.. plus most shops close at 5pm haha

Here we go again about the 5pm myth.. Retail shops does close at 5 or 6, but not everyday..

Most eateries don't close till after dinner at least

awhw

Reaction score
Still safe, but very much depends on tomorrow. The weather conditions after tomorrow will be much better.

Synchroniza

Reaction score
Hey all

I have about 6hrs layover at Sydney before taking the next flight. Thinking of visiting the fish Market. Saw uber pretty pricey hence leaning towards taking the airport link to circular station..

Feasible? Or just stay in airport lol. Thanks!

Posted from PCWX using BLA-L29

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Hey all

I have about 6hrs layover at Sydney before taking the next flight. Thinking of visiting the fish Market. Saw uber pretty pricey hence leaning towards taking the airport link to circular station..

The train isn't all that cheap either, but at least you wouldn't have to worry about traffic. If you want to go to the fish market, you can catch the train to Central and then the light rail from there.

Icefjord

Reaction score
Hey all

I went there and was disappointed. It's a tourist trap, and 99% of stalls owned by PRCs. The place isn't patronised by locals.

Last edited:

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Is it safe for asians to visit sydney anyone experience racism there?

The latest stats have Asians outnumbering westerners in Sydney.

I went there and was disappointed. It's a tourist trap, and 99% of stalls owned by PRCs. The place isn't patronised by locals.

Locals do go there may be once or twice a year to buy seafood for special events (e.g. Christmas dinner). They don't really hang around or eat there though.

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it safe for asians to visit sydney anyone experience racism there?

I just spent 6 months in Australia and traveled to a few different places from sydney to Darwin and did not experience racism at all.

Does that mean it doesn't exist? Definitely not but it is very safe as long as you don't go too far off the beaten track.

There are also A LOT of Asians in Australia. People complain about Singapore unis having too many foreigners haven't been to an Aussie Uni where you have majority of foreigners making up the university population :s13:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just spent 6 months in Australia and traveled to a few different places from sydney to Darwin and did not experience racism at all.

Does that mean it doesn't exist? Definitely not but it is very safe as long as you don't go too far off the beaten track.

There are also A LOT of Asians in Australia. People complain about Singapore unis having too many foreigners haven't been to an Aussie Uni where you have majority of foreigners making up the university population :s13:

How is the blast fire situation in Sydney?

karlgantry

Reaction score
Qantas' amazing safety record. Australia's Qantas has continued its remarkable safety record of no fatalities – or hull losses – in the jet era. But the airline's safety record goes much further than the headline of being named in AirlineRatings.com Top 20 Safest Airlines for 2018.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
some jobs really worth migrating from sg to au. if able to loon 7 years in au from sg

I have a full time permanent position available, with an Engineering Consultancy, for an experienced Building Services Electrical Engineer - in Sydney CBD.

MUST have 7+ years of senior Building Services experience, utilising AutoCAD and Revit
MUST have full working rights within Australia
MUST have significant Australian working experience
Experience with Liaison & Power Supply, HV & LV Reticulation, Switchboard Design, Power & Lighting Layouts, Control Diagrams, Earthing, Surge Design etc
Building Services Design experience with Hospital/Healthcare facility is ideal
Project Management experience and team collaboration is a major part of this job
Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering
Salary package is c$150-170k base + super ++

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.