Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes mine fully loaded. After the 111 off 1200 coupon I paid 1927. Initially I had my concerns but I see they very sincere and prompt to my enquiries so ya decided to go with them

Fantastic buy, quite sure you will enjoy it as much as i did with mine...

your back will thank you in the future :D

zacky1223

Reaction score
Fantastic buy, quite sure you will enjoy it as much as i did with mine...

your back will thank you in the future :D

Hahaha ya. For now don't need worry about changing chair. But I would have to admit it's totally next level comfort. Maybe because I use not so good quality chair last time. Lol

FloatingBarb

Reaction score
Hi all,

could I ask what would be good and relatively budget desk chair one can recommend? i.e (under S$200).

Current chair's back broke and am looking to replace it.

Thanks in advance.

ChaosPaladin

Reaction score
any review on the basic sail ergonomic chair and the lux version from takeaseat.sg.

thinking about this ergonomic chair as it fit my budget.

jonathanljk

Reaction score
contemplating getting a 2nd hand aeron + headrest. Only thing holding me back is that I am 190cm and only size B is available for 2nd hand. Can existing users share if its suitable for my height? Would like to have a headrest. My alternative will be the secretlab titan.

Lorlex

Reaction score
Hi all, is newstarfurnitures on carousell trustable to get a used Aeron chair from?

Thanks! :)

karlgantry

Reaction score
Try this bro - The Cosm has more of a rocking motion, similar to other Herman Miller chairs like the Aeron and Embody. One thing to keep in mind is that the Cosm will want to naturally rock you back a bit. It is not as easy to sit straight up and down or stay reclined all the way back. The chair puts you in almost a mid-recline.

ghgan1

Reaction score
I have 2 basic sail chair, 1 is more than 4 years and the 2nd is 2 year old. It is very comfortable and value for money. For the lux version is due to the back frame that is made of metal as compare to plastic for basic version. I had purchased those less than $300 mesh chairs, unfortunately all are not comfortable and does not last long.

Sail also have the back support and arm rest can be adjusted for height and can turn side ways as well. If you can drop by their showroom to test the chair yourself to compare lux version is worth the price. Best to buy from qoo10 to offset the price of the chair with the voucher.

any review on the basic sail ergonomic chair and the lux version from takeaseat.sg.

ChaosPaladin

Reaction score
I have 2 basic sail chair, 1 is more than 4 years and the 2nd is 2 year old. It is very comfortable and value for money. For the lux version is due to the back frame that is made of metal as compare to plastic for basic version. I had purchased those less than $300 mesh chairs, unfortunately all are not comfortable and does not last long.

Sail also have the back support and arm rest can be adjusted for height and can turn side ways as well. If you can drop by their showroom to test the chair yourself to compare lux version is worth the price. Best to buy from qoo10 to offset the price of the chair with the voucher.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply! I think I shall purchase the basic version too. I can't seem to find any voucher from qoo10, may i know where to find it?

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score

Have been using the Sail for last 3 years, generally satisfied, the mesh still supporting my weighty body.

Still no rust on the metal legs (office chairs I bought from taobao started rusting within 6 months, thrown away after a year)
26OFmXt.jpg

Not perfect though, 2 annoyances:

1. Headrest rotates downwards when your head actually rests on it, so needed something to keep the headrest up
hJog137.jpg

2. Arm rests don't lock when they're pulled up, so will slide back down. Wasn't at home when the guys came to fix, so didn't really know if they're supposed to be like that. Had to use something to wrap around the 'stems' and prop up the arm rests.
reajhyG.jpg

Last edited:

ghgan1

Reaction score
I think your armrest is faulty. My 2 set of sail basic armrest can be lock. To unlock must pull all the way up to press it down. To lock just need to pull to the correct height and you will feel a latch and a click sound to lock it.

2. Arm rests don't lock when they're pulled up, so will slide back down. Wasn't at home when the guys came to fix, so didn't really know if they're supposed to be like that. Had to use something to wrap around the 'stems' and prop up the arm rests.
reajhyG.jpg

ChaosPaladin

Reaction score
I think your armrest is faulty. My 2 set of sail basic armrest can be lock. To unlock must pull all the way up to press it down. To lock just need to pull to the correct height and you will feel a latch and a click sound to lock it.

how about the headrest for your sail? does it also keep moving down?

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score

Yup, could be. But too much of a hassle to check at this stage. Just bringing this up for prospective buyers, that these are some of the things to check for.

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score

Btw dunno if you can see from the image, the headrest is also pulled down, probably lower than normal. If it's higher then don't have this issue. Pointing this out that if you pulled the headrest low like me, then you'll have to take note that the manufacturer / product designer didn't really take this into account / test in that position.

ghgan1

Reaction score
So far I do not have a issue with the headrest. The headrest can be adjusted up and down as well as angle can be turn to more than 90 degree but less than 120 degree. Just have to find the correct height adjustment and tilt the headrest to the correct angle to have a nice fit for your neck or head. Then again probably due to wear and tear the headrest no longer can be fixed to the correct angle also it does not have a fastener to prevent the headrest angle from moving due to heavy use. It is also hard to find a headrest that can be fasten to the correct angle, unless you are willing to up your budget to premium chair

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.