Roboadvisor: Stashaway vs Syfe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outramkia

Master Member
Reaction score
the market may still be sliding downwards. wait for the right time to buy, not anyhow buy.

i see. i thought if using dca method, any downtrend is considered good since u can get more units for same amount.

for example, if december is $1 per unit,

january $0.70
february $0.60
march $0.50

in january i wouldn't know how much a unit would cost me in the next month. i should have bought only in march, but what if the unit cost $1.50 in march? does that count as lost opportunity? thanks i'm just a noobie.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can u share with us what's the right time to buy ?

i see. i thought if using dca method, any downtrend is considered good since u can get more units for same amount.

january $0.70
february $0.60
march $0.50

in january i wouldn't know how much a unit would cost me in the next month. i should have bought only in march, but what if the unit cost $1.50 in march? does that count as lost opportunity? thanks i'm just a noobie.

it is anyone's guess. some will do technical analysis.

i will see the trends. if it has hit bottom and is trending up for a few days and the sentiments are feeling good, eg. good news, etc... then can buy some.

there is a wise saying "never catch a falling knife".

when the market is good, DCA/RSP using a platform like OCBC's BCIP should work. For a downward trend market, i rather RSP/DCA myself. I've canceled my BCIP plan this month.

I actually was planning to invest in endowus, but will postpone till the outlook looks better.

This is my take for the current situation. one man's meat is another man's poison, so please do ur own homework before u invest ur hard earn money.

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score

january $0.70
february $0.60
march $0.50

Don't time the market with robo advisor. You deposit your DCA time might be $0.6 but when would the robo advisor company trade for you is another thing... Could be 2 days or 3 days later. Could cost $0.8 instead of $0.6 by then.

zenitro

Reaction score
This might lead to a spam but can someone DM me a referral to stashaway? I will choose randomly if there are more than one

JetStorm

Reaction score
Syfe mobile app is in the works according to the q&a in seedly

Syfe fee is lower up till 925k

Syfe srs should come in a couple of months

For me the main thing is fee. Imagine when you draw down, you'll be paying more fees too as stashaway has higher tiered fees for smaller balances

Erm. I calculated and syfe is cheaper only until 525k. Once hit aum more than 525k stashaway fees is at 0.3% which is alot cheaper than syfe already.

Am I understanding stashaway fee structure wrongly? Happy to be corrected.

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Erm. I calculated and syfe is cheaper only until 525k. Once hit aum more than 525k stashaway fees is at 0.3% which is alot cheaper than syfe already.

Am I understanding stashaway fee structure wrongly? Happy to be corrected.

Stashaway is 0.8% for first 25k, 0.7% for next 25k etc

investpedia2019

Reaction score
Still considering whether to dispose my $20k in stashaway since I am doing my own investment as well.
At first just wanted to put for 6 months until the fee waiver is over.
But it has been generating decent return of 5%/5.9% (money/time weighted) after 7/6 months which of course is mainly due to the bullish market.
It's around 20% of my investment portfolio with the other 80% on IWDA/ES3/MBH in the ratio of 60/20/20.

Reaction score
Updated based on SGD 25 platform fee for AutoWealth (thanks for the feedback):
comparison-new.png

AW still second cheapest after Syfe. Other fees for Syfe and StashAway seem to be exactly the same (custodian, FX, etc) and pretty much negligible. Not sure what fees AW charges in addition.

If purely is about fees, Syfe seems best, but that should not be anyones only decision criteria.

As this discussion came up again, Syfe is the cheapest all the way till 950k

JetStorm

Reaction score
Are you considering going robo? Syfe?
Yes. Considering since the company i am in maybe doesnt accept scb as an approved broker. Means i need to trf my holdings and close account and start robo for my overseas portion.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 8 PRO using GAGT

Last edited:

iurnaux

Reaction score
I have been using Stashaway since early June last year and returns have been great so far. As of today my returns are sitting at 15.2% and I DCA-ed every month. Drop me a PM and I can share more in depth of my view of Stashaway!

tangent314

Reaction score
Between June last year and now returns would be "great" no matter how you invest (as long as not into an ILP, I guess). What really affects the returns is equities:bonds allocation and fees paid to the robo, to the fund(s) and to the US government.

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Would like to ask the experts, for such dynamic equities:bonds robos, are rsp investments actually better or worse compared to fixed aa?

huiseh

Reaction score
I am vested in Nikko's CFA and looks like it already has 9 out of the 15 in Syfe's REIT+. Would it make sense to now switch to Syfe's or should I continue DCA-ing CFA? What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.