Malaysia prepaid card

YeeFC128

Reaction score
This plan can use data in 77 countries without activating data passport which need at least $10 depending on which countries you go. It will use part of your existing data for oversea data usage. With this, there is no need to buy Malaysia sim card if you always go JB.

value0230

Reaction score
This plan can use data in 77 countries without activating data passport which need at least $10 depending on which countries you go. It will use part of your existing data for oversea data usage. With this, there is no need to buy Malaysia sim card if you always go JB.

Good to know. But If you have onexox Malaysia sim, you can get free data like me. Just apply code :)

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
Digi reception sucks ass.
It’s only good if you want to travel back in time and use dialup modems.

Anyone with Xiaomi and Oppo phones I would recommend elinking that enables esim for your phone.

IMO, using Digi Prepaid is definitely more economical than Singtel data roaming.

With the MyDigi app, you might even be able to get more $avings. ;)

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hardly work that badly for me all these years, definitely not "sucks ass" nor "dialup modems" especially when I'm an impatient user who cannot tolerate waiting for long while stuff loads.

Samsung and iPhone user. :)

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Anyone with Xiaomi and Oppo phones I would recommend elinking that enables esim for your phone.

I brought 3 new digi sim cards, all connection very good. Until I extend 1 of the old sim card which has expire, top up data, connection suck (JB use). Can't even take photo for grab.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I brought 3 new digi sim cards, all connection very good. Until I extend 1 of the old sim card which has expire, top up data, connection suck (JB use). Can't even take photo for grab.

Back when I got my first TuneTalk SIM cards from Melaka, I'd my first ever experience being able to surf on board the departing coach right from town all the way to the NSHW, all through those ulu roads.

But back later in JB and even up to Yong Peng, it somehow became barely usable. I still keep one, for keepsake :o and plan to use/try again someday. :)

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
Don’t bother with Digi, hotlink is so much better as well

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don’t bother with Digi, hotlink is so much better as well

Oh, Hotlink definitely has better connection than Digi, on the whole.

Throughout the past many years, it's more or less been:
- Maxis for connection
- Celcom for coverage
- Digi for economical
- U Mobile... I've given up on them, but on/off there're some who said it worked for them.

Use whichever works for you. :)

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

- Maxis for connection
- Celcom for coverage
- Digi for economical
- U Mobile... I've given up on them, but on/off there're some who said it worked for them.

What about Tunetalk ? :D

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What about Tunetalk ? :D
Since it's an MVNO under the Celcom network, I'd place it somewhere there though think perhaps not as good...?

Not having used my SIM card for quite a while, I'd wanted to use the free data that I got but along came Wuhan19. But back during my crazy-Melaka days where it's when I got my first TT cards, it's the highest-chance card that enabled me to surf through the ulu half-hour journey roads between town and the NSHW. ;)

I did not even find any convenience store like mynews.com selling the sim in JB lol
Maybe they're avoiding you coz I've come across at least 2 pieces in a few outlets over the past months.

Google Linkway Hotel in Gelang Patah. Just before LNY, I saw what looked like a TT shop next to it. Or look through the couple of dealer shops along the same row.

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

- Maxis for connection
- Celcom for coverage
- Digi for economical

For connection speed I would still prefer Maxis Hotlink

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For connection speed I would still prefer Maxis Hotlink

Me too actually, as I've a Hotlink permanently in my VIP (very important phone) second slot. For reliability. :D

For my everyday phone, I just slot/switch around the few other cards. ;)

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me too actually, as I've a Hotlink permanently in my VIP (very important phone) second slot. For reliability. :D

For my everyday phone, I just slot/switch around the few other cards. ;)
Yes. Maxis hotlink definitely help your vvip people stay connected in Malaysia.

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have 2 MYR prepaid cards:
- Hotlink (Maxis) - 50 days to expire
- Digi Live - 90 days to expire

Both cards have different number of days of expiry. I tried to reload them 1 week before it expire, somehow hotlink card went dead and expired. My digi card is still working.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have 2 MYR prepaid cards:
- Hotlink (Maxis) - 50 days to expire
- Digi Live - 90 days to expire

Both cards have different number of days of expiry. I tried to reload them 1 week before it expire, somehow hotlink card went dead and expired. My digi card is still working.

Beware, digi after extend may not work as good as previously. Got bad experience once.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.