Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insult. I don’t own a coe corolla or equivalent. But if I do I won’t change for $8k.

You wont doesnt mean everyone must follow you ma. The cost for upkeep an old car is high because of the need to troubleshoot when parts are not working. Over the long term it is far cheaper and less hassle to replace everything at one go. Imagine for every thing small that spoil you pay for labour of $100++ to bring down the car bottom. Shocks spoil change, spring spoil change bush spoil change shocks mounting spoil change...you will be paying how many times for labour to just change shocks related stuff? The road is full of penny wise pound foolish man like you. Here i am dishing out FOC advice and you think you know it all. *chortle*

xhlee87

Reaction score
Thanks for the insult. I don’t own a coe corolla or equivalent. But if I do I won’t change for $8k.

I doubt anyone who renewed 5 years coe will spend such money. 10 years also a difficult decision to made too. Ppl who renewed coe want to save $$$ one if not why renew.
COE toyota bnb car usually depreciate about $6.5k per year. Adding $8k which is $1.6k extra per year totally make no financial sense.
Ppl will rather scrape it and take back the remaining coe and lost the parf which usually are less than $8k.
Changing whole section because one portion is spoilt so i can save labour later in long run dont work in SG with COE.

Last edited:

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My point exactly. If you renew. It means either your car is low mileage and in great condition or you just want to save money (and not be too worried about a rougher ride or noise due to age).

Maybe, people in the first category will spend $8k to replace every the wear and tear parts at one go. And the cars in this first category aren’t likely to be daily beaters. That being the case, there will unlikely be strong demand for such replacement.

But that said, what do we know. We are not car workshop towkays like Sammy.

I doubt anyone who renewed 5 years coe will spend such money. 10 years also a difficult decision to made too. Ppl who renewed coe want to save $$$ one if not why renew.
COE toyota bnb car usually depreciate about $6.5k per year. Adding $8k which is $1.6k extra per year totally make no financial sense.
Ppl will rather scrape it and take back the remaining coe and lost the parf which usually are less than $8k.
Changing whole section because one portion is spoilt so i can save labour later in long run dont work in SG with COE.

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya dont think toyota shocks cost 8k to replace all 4. 8k is good enough to replace air shocks for conti liao. bnb car should be 1k can settle all 4 shocks.

SuperSprint

Reaction score
8K for suspension? stock cannot be la

is sammyboss referring to lowered spring etc or aftermarket suspension?

golden labourhands ah?

Sammychan

Banned
Reaction score
If you dont, over 10 yrs u will spend more.

Sammychan

Banned
Reaction score
My point exactly. If you renew. It means either your car is low mileage and in great condition or you just want to save money (and not be too worried about a rougher ride or noise due to age).

Maybe, people in the first category will spend $8k to replace every the wear and tear parts at one go. And the cars in this first category aren’t likely to be daily beaters. That being the case, there will unlikely be strong demand for such replacement.

But that said, what do we know. We are not car workshop towkays like Sammy.
You actually believe the mileage lol. You only know how to see chasis nice or not.

Seah.tt

Banned
Reaction score
how much is engine oil and filter chg in jb? assuming normal oil from reputable brands like castrol, shell,...

i see autobacs is RM270 for castrol edge... smaller workshops how much?

Sent from CPF Account using GAGT

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rm15-30 for labour. Buy your own filter and oil in Singapore.

how much is engine oil and filter chg in jb? assuming normal oil from reputable brands like castrol, shell,...

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I always bring own oil and filter into jb when comes to normal eo and filter change.

Carousel for shell helix can go as low as $35/4litres/ bottles.

The last servicing, no time to buy EO.
Use workshop 5w30 eo. EO Not from major brands. Filter i bring. All in RM120.

Last edited:

Sammychan

Banned
Reaction score

Not much different. Maybe save $10-$20 for Helix. It is not worth the time and trouble to go into JB for anything except big tickets item repair.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe you have a lot of money and no time. Maybe some have less money and plenty of time. Maybe some enjoy the time to cross the causeway and breathe different air while taking a break from SG, eat nicer food in a different currency, buy same items using a different currency, have a massage at a different price, and top up some reasonably-priced petrol all at the same time. Glad for you that you made it big enough to feel like you are in a capacity to post snide remarks. I'd be happy to camp outside your workshop if you feel like throwing some wads of $10 bills out.

SuperSprint

Reaction score
Not much different. Maybe save $10-$20 for Helix. It is not worth the time and trouble to go into JB for anything except big tickets item repair.

Change EO labour plus balancing alignment less then 100RM.
so now u think issit still worth the time ?

Singapore market rate change EO labour about 20-30 SGD.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He just enjoys trolling. Don’t worry about him.

Maybe you have a lot of money and no time. Maybe some have less money and plenty of time. Maybe some enjoy the time to cross the causeway and breathe different air while taking a break from SG, eat nicer food in a different currency, buy same items using a different currency, have a massage at a different price, and top up some reasonably-priced petrol all at the same time. Glad for you that you made it big enough to feel like you are in a capacity to post snide remarks. I'd be happy to camp outside your workshop if you feel like throwing some wads of $10 bills out.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.