Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Singapore market is way too small for big brand manufacturers to bother about. Even cars, certain performance variants are not available here, usually due to the brand principle refusing to let the local authorised dealer to bring here for sale. For variants that are available here, certain options are only available via special indent with huge fees if you choose to do so. Our market is simply too small to make a significant impact to these manufacturers.

There is some truth to this. One of the few reasons why we are also not the first few on the update list. Which adds on to the compounding list of why we are so slow on it too. We as a nation don’t seem to have commanding power in the market to influence impact to them. Not big enough to persuade them as much as we dislike it.

Our market is too saturated with other cheap devices that sells quickly. It is getting harder to convince people to get the high end devices at these cost these days. We are incredibly price sensitive as compared to others and selling it for a lower cost here does not like they are too excited over it too. They rather focus on places with larger and better market.

Eventually this will be the same for the other Brands in due time. Only Apple things will not chance cause they are the only one who makes iOS devices.

Last edited:

Aikon

Reaction score
We have so many users who claimed to be Samsung Singapore connection insiders. Maybe they can relay the message?

I always thought they were Samsung fan boys... Everything samsung... They could not influence samsung anyway.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is some truth to this. One of the few reasons why we are also not the first few on the update list. Which adds on to the compounding list of why we are so slow on it too. We as a nation don’t seem to have commanding power in the market to influence impact to them. Not big enough to persuade them as much as we dislike it.

Our market is too saturated with other cheap devices that sells quickly. It is getting harder to convince people to get the high end devices at these cost these days. We are incredibly price sensitive as compared to others and selling it for a lower cost here does not like they are too excited over it too. They rather focus on places with larger and better market.

Eventually this will be the same for the other Brands in due time. Only Apple things will not chance cause they are the only one who makes iOS devices.

For me personally & many of the ppl I know IRL and on hwz. We always buy flagship handset but First, you have to convince us to buy it what. You pull all these ** Exynos, 128gb and what modem tuning you expect us to throw TOP $$ to buy the handset meh? Ppl don’t mind paying TOP dollar but they don’t like to be short changed. This is the situation in SG. Or were they expecting sinkies to pay TOP $$$ to buy this bullsh!t while other places can get snapdragon and more capacity for same price or lesser lol. I support with my wallet. Samsung won’t get my sales.

Last edited:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I ordered korean version instead, which i think is better coz they got frequent software updates. But i hope there is no issue using the phone due to korean software. I know samsung pass wont work for export set including HK which im okay
The only con for Korea phones is that u can't turn off the super annoying camera shutter sound.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

firezero10

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sinkie just llst use iPhone ba...... At the very least, they have same product everywhere. Price also much more stable.

lch920619x

Reaction score
For me personally & many of the ppl I know IRL and on hwz. We always buy flagship handset but First, you have to convince us to buy it what. You pull all these ** Exynos, 128gb and what modem tuning you expect us to throw TOP $$ to buy the handset meh? Ppl don’t mind paying TOP dollar but they don’t like to be short changed. This is the situation in SG. Or were they expecting sinkies to pay TOP $$$ to buy this bullsh!t while other places can get snapdragon and more capacity for same price or lesser lol. I support with my wallet. Samsung won’t get my sales.

Well said. We got the money, but only to spend on worthy products.

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score
I agree, samsung takes us as fools. Launch a product with sub standard internals and expect us to Pay top dollar. I rather buy export sets and their singapore sales suffer.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Sinkie just llst use iPhone ba...... At the very least, they have same product everywhere. Price also much more stable.

I use iPhone when go out, Samsung when at home.

For me Exynos still usable. At least my set got warranty rather than export sets. Even if warranty expires, I still can take go Samsung service centre to repair whereas export sets cannot. :s13:

Price wise I don't buy from Samsung themselves as they sell at RRP. Usually I will go ah beng shop to buy as they are cheaper and best of all its local set. :s13:

jennlimm

Reaction score
I use iPhone when go out, Samsung when at home.

For me Exynos still usable. At least my set got warranty rather than export sets. Even if warranty expires, I still can take go Samsung service centre to repair whereas export sets cannot. :s13:

Price wise I don't buy from Samsung themselves as they sell at RRP. Usually I will go ah beng shop to buy as they are cheaper and best of all its local set. :s13:

now I think best to buy from Shopee for price! they got this sale called Million $ Discount now and they're selling Samsung stuff for daaaaamn worth it prices, you should go see

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.