Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Able to do a low light night shot in a dark room to compare?

This scene is quite low light already, my naked eyes can't even see the leaves. Below is the whole scene and it is much darker than this as the camera brightens up the scene quite a bit. Above was a 100% crop.

pfsqLkM.jpg

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Agree, that’s why iPhone is my daily driver. I have been a Samsung user since Note era also. I have every Note device including the Note 7 and Fan Edition. I have to say that Note is the best looking phone out there in the market but then due to Exynos chip I cannot make it as my daily driver.

It comes to the point i have ditched Samsung and went over to fruit phone instead.

I mean the price point for the s20/+/U is so staggering high for an Android phone. Like what JerryRigEverything was mentioning. The s20U is like a Frankenstein of all the tech that can be found in other cheaper Android phones out there. What is the point paying top dollars for Samsung then? Given that in our local shores, no fks are given to enthusiast like us, 128Gb only, heavily saying Micro SD is the way to go, its so high priced, no Snapdragon, battery life so sub par.

It has been many years supporting them since Note 2 era. Till our local Samsung do a better job next time, then i will consider.

I owned the Z Flip. The Snapdragon inside really do wonders. It has only 3300mAh and it is doing so well providing me with at least 6hrs of SoT and with adaptive battery turned on, i hit 7.5hrs. Just that babying the screen is not something an Engineer would really want. Although i love it as a tech enthusiast. But to own it for daily driver phone with hands dirty everyday, it is probably a bad idea to keep it.

It just dont make sense anymore to even support Samsung anymore.

Yeah i no longer able to customise heavily on fruit phone, i have to follow how fruit phones work. Its hard to switch to iOS, but after going back, i realised the sheer performance of it. Long battery life, an SoC that is miles ahead faster, way great ram management etc. Sometimes is not about buying just an expensive phone anymore, sometimes is about buying a phone and at the end of the day, it performs to your expectation, then its fine.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Give you all special Singapore modem tuning, you all complain.
Give you all special updates every 6 monthly with special approval from telco, you all complain.
Give you all the best Exynos that HWZ praise until got dragon got phoniex, you all complain.

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
It comes to the point i have ditched Samsung and went over to fruit phone instead.

I mean the price point for the s20/+/U is so staggering high for an Android phone. Like what JerryRigEverything was mentioning. The s20U is like a Frankenstein of all the tech that can be found in other cheaper Android phones out there. What is the point paying top dollars for Samsung then? Given that in our local shores, no fks are given to enthusiast like us, 128Gb only, heavily saying Micro SD is the way to go, its so high priced, no Snapdragon, battery life so sub par.

It has been many years supporting them since Note 2 era. Till our local Samsung do a better job next time, then i will consider.

I owned the Z Flip. The Snapdragon inside really do wonders. It has only 3300mAh and it is doing so well providing me with at least 6hrs of SoT and with adaptive battery turned on, i hit 7.5hrs. Just that babying the screen is not something an Engineer would really want. Although i love it as a tech enthusiast. But to own it for daily driver phone with hands dirty everyday, it is probably a bad idea to keep it.

Yeah i no longer able to customise heavily on fruit phone, i have to follow how fruit phones work. Its hard to switch to iOS, but after going back, i realised the sheer performance of it. Long battery life, an SoC that is miles ahead faster, way great ram management etc. Sometimes is not about buying just an expensive phone anymore, sometimes is about buying a phone and at the end of the day, it performs to your expectation, then its fine.

Many people don't care about exynos vs sd. Note 10+ exynos is selling like hot cakes in carousell /rwm such that price rise from 990 to 1050 in rwm
S10 lite no demand even though it is using SD855. Many people prefer 2nd hand s10+ exynos to s10 lite.
Can say sinkies don't care much as long as nice design can liao

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought it was already proven in Note 10 days the SD one has superior battery life over the Exynos. :s13: What crap optimized for SG market, OPPO new phone is Snapdragon leh and can do full HD and 120hz...

S8 already got kpkb about suckynos, slow and drain battery. :s13:

I use note 9, security still on 1-Oct-2019. Using banking apps is a risk...

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
S8 already got kpkb about suckynos, slow and drain battery. :s13:

I use note 9, security still on 1-Oct-2019. Using banking apps is a risk...

Later the Samsung connection insiders scold you, "don't know how to Odin yourself meh"?

What a joke, promise February update, idk what happened. Modem tuning until now for 5 months? If this happens to Note 9, imagine Note 10 one year later.

firezero10

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Never used iPhone before, but now I am really considering jumping over. Don't really customize my phone already. Performance and battery life is a much more important aspect of using a smartphone.

Samsung SG is really disappointing. Other Android phone manufacturers doesn't seem to have much presence in SG. Huawei gave Samsung a good fight but they are handicapped with the Google/US issue.

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My usage so far. Been using it for gaming and Web browsing. 7hrs SOT with 120hz. Pretty good what.

tsgtxwi.jpg

Last edited:

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never used iPhone before, but now I am really considering jumping over. Don't really customize my phone already. Performance and battery life is a much more important aspect of using a smartphone.

Samsung SG is really disappointing. Other Android phone manufacturers doesn't seem to have much presence in SG. Huawei gave Samsung a good fight but they are handicapped with the Google/US issue.

Be careful when migrating to iOS.
You will suddenly miss all the things u had with android.

Few examples:
1) Notifications is shown differently, in iOS u can't do much over it
2) PIP doesnt work anymore, if you use youtube vanced before you will miss this
3) You can't migrate your whatsapp messages over, everything will be gone
4) iOS doesnt have control over default apps
etc...

tikokia

Master Member
Reaction score
Agree, that’s why iPhone is my daily driver. I have been a Samsung user since Note era also. I have every Note device including the Note 7 and Fan Edition. I have to say that Note is the best looking phone out there in the market but then due to Exynos chip I cannot make it as my daily driver.

just like u have every single iphone in every single colour right?

tikokia

Master Member
Reaction score

i also just jumped over to iphone just before buying the s20u
just nice iphone gt promo at m1
now appreciating the superb battery life and the simplicity of fruit
its more like buying an experience than a phone

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score
Whatsapp messages can be migrated over using paid software. My work phone is now ios due to company requirements and I used paid software to migrate.

Few examples:
etc...

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score
My work phone is now an iphone.1 touch backup and restore. Personal phone I use android and customise to however I want it

i also just jumped over to iphone just before buying the s20u
just nice iphone gt promo at m1
now appreciating the superb battery life and the simplicity of fruit
its more like buying an experience than a phone

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
just like u have every single iphone in every single colour right?
I have every single iPhone to date except 11 Pro.
No I don’t have every single colour.

Believe it or not it’s up to you. I don’t wish to argue thank you.

You don’t need to reply me cause I won’t be replying you. Thanks.

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Few examples:
etc...
Agree. Android users don't realize how good they have it until they move over. The proverbial neighbour's grass being greener.

Of course if simplicity of use is more important than anything else, including the sophistication of the user interface, than one would probably enjoy the iPhone. Just be prepared to only use your smartphone in the "simple" way that Apple dictates you should, and you'll be happy ... ;)

Sent from Samsung SM-T865 using GAGT

Vulpix

Reaction score

Few examples:
etc...
I honestly dislike the notifications on iOS so I'm stuck here. PIP is so nice too. Their control of apps individual permissions is pretty good on iOS though, really wish we had that level of control on Android.

Kanboliao

Reaction score
You r paying not just SD865, it's 12gb ram, too. Exynos only 8gb ram..Extra cost is justifiable. $1298 exynos vs $1470 SD865.. I rather get SD865

Last edited:

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
Sold off the ultra after 2 days lol. Not so concerned about the exynos or SD comparison but I take many photos of my 1 year old daughter so to me camera is the most important aspect.

But the ultra's processing of images is just ..... Human subjects turns out white or beige even with scene optimizer or whatever beauty mode that comes with it off. Even my Pixel 2XL is able to take better photos. Such a disappointment. :s22:

Guess that's the end of Samsung for me lol. Tried S10+ then Note10+ then now the ultra, breaking point has always been the camera and this year's iteration seems to be the worse of the lot for me.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.