Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Export set cannot use Samsung pay transport card right? Where no need to unlock then can tap the transit card reader.

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Export set cannot use Samsung pay transport card right? Where no need to unlock then can tap the transit card reader.

Cannot unless fast transit is supported. From what i see, hong kong and taiwan sets cannot. 1 bro here shared his USA set has the samsung pay udpated so it supports fast transit

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot unless fast transit is supported. From what i see, hong kong and taiwan sets cannot. 1 bro here shared his USA set has the samsung pay udpated so it supports fast transit

I see I see. No wonder see my SD S10e HK set supports octopus card only.

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
I heard Samsung is releasing an update to the phone soon to address the camera issue. Are you selling too early? How much loss incurred? I am trying to switch over to Android from iPhone 11 Pro Max. Wanted a higher resolution phone which I can see more on a screen. The screen on iPhone shows too little contents as compared to S20+. If you have not got a new phone, can consider go for iPhone, wait Sept for iPhone 12.

The software update probably only addresses the focusing issue. My main concern about the photos that it takes is the color accuracy and the beautifying stuff they do despite having all turned off.

I usually carry 2 phones, an iPhone and an Android. Currently already have an iPhone 11 pro max and while waiting for my Pixel 4 that's bought during the recent promo, I'm using my Pixel 2XL.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
It's not just humans. It does the tragic "beauty processing" to animals too.

(Example 1Example 2

Hahah I used my iPhone my 2XL and the ultra (before I sold it off) to snap a photo of my 1YO daughter. iPhone came out natural looking, pixel came out looking a tad bit contrasty (depends on how much the users prefers it but I'm fine with pixel's processing) and finally the ultra.

The ultra came out like my daughter applied some kind of makeup on her face or maybe more specifically like a layer of flour being splattered all over her face :s13:

Aikon

Reaction score
Hi guys, can I know where can I get SD variant of s20 ultra? Prefer HKG set.

Not yet available for HK / Taiwan sets... Best to wait too for other variants like 256gb and 512gb to be available.

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
I got into photography for my kids too, used to be for the Ah boy who turned 7 yo last month and now for my 2yo+.
On the phone camera side, I started from the galaxy s2 era.
Was mind blown with lumia 1020, excellent excellent still shots (during that time) but freaking slow auto focus and 4-5sec of in between shots lag. There is no such thing as auto hdr then.
I was used to all that and always try to be 2-3 steps ahead of my kids/toddlers/pesky monkeys to get shots that I can keep. Mastering shutter speed and balancing iso helps a lot too. (So I can make do with ultra*********s slow af for now)

I jumped from flagship phones to phones of various brands rather often (every 2-3 months)over the years. Over the past 2 years, just huawei, Oppo, Sammy & iOS (lg & Sony are just wtf on their camera software... and Viva xshot was pretty market leading during that time. And Reno 10 times is no match for p30p).

To be fair (ultra*********s af now prior to their promised upgrade is unacceptable for the price range), their past few flagship*********s dual pixel af are some of the better ones compared to huawei & iPhones so give Samsung some credits. Fast AF captures less blurry shots.

Of course, each brands have their own processing software style. Some better, some worse, there is no one winner takes all.
So among the flagships phone cameras, you will only see minor diffs. (I personally don*********t like pixel*********s overprocessing. They can be very unnatural if you compare them to shots from a proper lens and mirror less/dslr setup)

Having said that,
Ultra currently is bad on those shots with high brightness and strong shadow coming together especially on human face.
This one is definitely solvable by software upgrade/processing tweak, but question is how long will that take.

The potential of the 108 sensor is there for sure. The selfie camera of ultra will probably be market leading too once they solve the shadow algorithms

Hahah I'm sure all the nitty gritty stuff that's bugging the camera like the autofocus and whatnot can be solved by SW. But I think it's probably Samsung's way of processing the photos that bugs me and got me to sell off the phone in the end haha.

Their processing has always been around the same with my recent recollection of S10+ and N10+ being similar but the ultra's one seem kinda worse than the other two.

Truth be told I was setting up the phone on the first day and therefore didn't play with the camera. If I did I would have probably sold it off on the same day :s13:

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone doing SOT benchmark can u all state if it's 120hz/60hz, also if fhd/qhd?

Would be curious on 60hz/fhd mileage

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone doing SOT benchmark can u all state if it's 120hz/60hz, also if fhd/qhd?

Would be curious on 60hz/fhd mileage

already posted mine few pages back. 120hz.

tsgtxwi.jpg

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only Huawei and apple phones can last super long at 100%. I had quite a few samsungs previously, non could stay at 100% for as long as that guy mentioned. :s13:

Do NOT feed the troll :s13:

I not trolling. If you straight away play mobile games with mobile data from 100% of course the 1% drain fast. I mean surf internet with WiFi 100% to 99% will last very long and I mean all brand of phones including Samsung when they are new

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
angtehkor, what phone is it to last so long for it to drop to 99%? m30?

s20u took a bit long to drop from full, 10+ mins
and the buyer who bought it from me said the battery might have problem and going to exchange with the telco

so far using Samsung flagships, s20u lasts the longest to drop from full

Samsung m30s

Joewyf0713

Reaction score
Bro then I think you should try Samsung flagship like S series or N series, my S20 ultra drop from 100% to 99% just 2min later after I unplug the cable. Never play game just surf Facebook only, with mobile data off, connected to WIFI only

Samsung m30s

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.